Official Recruiting Thread II

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 12, 2013 -> 06:54 PM)
Groce is such a boss. Amazing how much talent he has brought to Illinois in only 18 months.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/hoopsreport/2013...t_reveals_.html

Nothing short of an A+ hire so far.

/shakawatch

/stevenswatch

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 12, 2013 -> 08:31 PM)
No reason but momentum is with Illinois and could see Cliff go there. Just a gut feeling.

I'd love your gut to be correct.

I'm over the moon getting Black and Snider. This will bring us back. Here we go.

If somehow, some way, Cliff want to come here...yeah. Don't have words for that.

I still think it's like 10% chance. I'm not trying to go crazy here and be all OMG we're getting Cliff now. But, having Black and Snider on board can't hurt the chances, especially if Cliff legitimately hasn't made up his mind yet. You never know.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 12, 2013 -> 08:48 PM)
I'd love your gut to be correct.

I'm over the moon getting Black and Snider. This will bring us back. Here we go.

If somehow, some way, Cliff want to come here...yeah. Don't have words for that.

I still think it's like 10% chance. I'm not trying to go crazy here and be all OMG we're getting Cliff now. But, having Black and Snider on board can't hurt the chances, especially if Cliff legitimately hasn't made up his mind yet. You never know.

I say 60/40 on Cliff.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 12, 2013 -> 09:42 PM)
I say 60/40 on Cliff.

Of us getting him? You are setting yourself up for a big time disappoint then. We probably stand well with Cliff, but that still puts the odds against us. Anyways, it's way to early to tell with him, he won't be committing anytime soon.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 12, 2013 -> 11:37 PM)
Just win a title before the sanctions come in, I won't care.

I really wouldn't like it if we got caught cheating, tbh. I have lived in Memphis for a while and they love their basketball, and they have no fond memories about the Calipari era. It was fun when it happened, but they definitely see it as tainted.

I don't want Illinois getting a bunch of negative attention. I think we can do it the right way (or, at least, not outside the norm of cheating?)

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 12:33 AM)
I really wouldn't like it if we got caught cheating, tbh. I have lived in Memphis for a while and they love their basketball, and they have no fond memories about the Calipari era. It was fun when it happened, but they definitely see it as tainted.

I don't want Illinois getting a bunch of negative attention. I think we can do it the right way (or, at least, not outside the norm of cheating?)

Not sure if he was joking or not, but I completely agree with you. I'd be ashamed as all hell, and anything won wouldn't mean too much. I want my school and coach above that nonsense.

There's just so much shadiness going on in NCAA B-ball/football on both sides of the coin, that I don't even bat an eye at any new allegations of improper benefits anymore. It's all just part of the game IMO. Some do it, some don't, some coaches know about it, some have no idea, some schools get caught, most don't.

The joy and excitement of the Illini actually winning a national championship would sure as hell outweigh a college kid maybe taking some money. Of course I'd always prefer they never get in any trouble, but I sure as hell wouldn't lose any sleep over an NCAA asterisk.

If D-Rose could have hit some late free throws, Memphis fans would be singing a way different tune about Calipari.

I've been thinking about the scholarship situation for Illinois and I'm really not all that worried. If Starks doesn't get his waiver, why wouldn't he use the 5th year transfer thing and just transfer elsewhere as a grad student and play immediately? If he decides to stay, maybe Tate decides to leave. I just can't imagine one of them wanting to be the 4th string PG on the roster. That would leave the illini set on scholly's. If Cliff decided to go to UI, there would be 4 PFs on the roster (Cliff, Paul, Colbert, Finke-- and that's not including Black), so I would guess that one of them would transfer. Probably Colbert.