Official Recruiting Thread II

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 15, 2013 -> 07:27 PM)
We can Crean somebody to make room for Lyle

FWIW, Alexander RT'd somebody saying they thought Lyle and Alexander would go to Illinois. He RT's lots of stuff though

I flat out don't believe a word Cliff says on twitter, he does a lot of the things he does for hype/attention (who can blame him, he's trying to get recognized for when he's getting drafted).

And I'm pretty sure the Lyle to Illinois ship has sailed. I think Groce goes hard for Cliff but beyond that he's done for 2014 unless something really unexpected happens. I really wanted Lyle before because he is a special talent and I was willing to make the risk of his personality for his skillset/get up noticed in recruiting, but now that we have Black and Snider committed he's not nearly as needed position wise or news wise.

If KU wants both of them, all the power to them.

It is weird being in this position but with Snider on board I would just say no thanks to Lyle. We are in a position where we should be really good starting next year even if you don't anyone else. I'd prefer not to deal with Lyle who could be Jereme Richmond part II and I've heard he may have a hard time qualifying anyways. Not to mention that there are rumors that Illinois backed off of Lyle to begin with (not saying he would have gone to Illinois anyways) because of his attitude and off court issues.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 16, 2013 -> 10:27 AM)
It is weird being in this position but with Snider on board I would just say no thanks to Lyle. We are in a position where we should be really good starting next year even if you don't anyone else. I'd prefer not to deal with Lyle who could be Jereme Richmond part II and I've heard he may have a hard time qualifying anyways. Not to mention that there are rumors that Illinois backed off of Lyle to begin with (not saying he would have gone to Illinois anyways) because of his attitude and off court issues.

It sounds like Lyle might not even get an offer from KU. Him and Cliff were saying that he they were going to visit KU for late night together, but Eric Bossi tweeted a few days ago, "I know it has been reported that Lyle will visit for Late Night in the Phog because he has told people that. From what I have been told, there has been NO visit set with Lyle." Arizona said they weren't recruiting him. Seems like lots of teams aren't big on him.

Also, Isaiah Whitehead will announce today.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Sep 21, 2013 -> 09:38 AM)
Very happy with this. If we can get Goodluck, that would be a fine class just as the two of them.

But my dream class is Johnson + Goodluck + Devin Robinson.

Well, it seems your dream class is very likely to happen. Robinson lives in the same neighborhood as Johnson and they've talked plenty about a "package deal". He's visiting for Hoosier Hysteria next weekend and Johnson will be coming with him. Still seems Indiana is the team to beat for Goodluck, with UNLV and OSU knocking on the door. Should be another top ten class for Indiana.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 23, 2013 -> 04:53 PM)
Cliff Alexander ‏@humblekid11 4h

My top 6 schools NO ORDER Michigan state Illinois Memphis DePaul Kansas Arizona

He will officially visit all those schools outside of Michigan St. The Lyle angle is interesting to think about also as teams like Illinois, Michigan St, and Arizona aren't really recruiting him and it looks like KU might not offer either.

I personally believe it's going to be KU or Depaul. I assume Depaul would do anything to get Cliff there, and Lyle is burning a lot of bridges. KU may or may not offer Lyle, but they have Cliff's attention in a big way. Illinois probably comes in third only because of Groce and Cliff's family loving him compared to other coaches.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 23, 2013 -> 08:37 PM)
Yeah I'm not really sure where they'd go together. From Cliff's list, he can't go to Illinois or Kansas and I doubt MSU will take him then. Don't think Cliff is seriously considering Arizona or Memphis. That leaves DePaul, but why would Lyle want to go there?

Why cant he go to kansas?