Official Recruiting Thread II

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 15, 2013 -> 04:25 PM)
Maybe. He could have also wanted his one year to be assured a tournament run. Kansas was the only team of his finalists that can basically guarantee that.

I don't think his final list would have looked like that if that's what he was worried about.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 15, 2013 -> 04:26 PM)
Tennesse State, UIC

Bruce Pearl set the program back years.

National Championship game in St. Louis.

Gordon.

Jamar Smith car crash.

There have been plenty of really bad days for the Illinois basketball program. The program is in fine shape right now. Today is just a setback...

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 15, 2013 -> 03:40 PM)
One thing is for sure, i'm not getting wrapped up in the recruiting hype ever again. Spent most of the day not doing any work and checking Twitter every 5 seconds for nothing.

Its either the worst or the best. There is no in between.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 15, 2013 -> 03:45 PM)
Its either the worst or the best. There is no in between.

Quite possibly the only positive about following such at atrocious program is that I'm perfectly fine with him not choosing us. I was just along for the ride. DePaul never really made sense anyways, especially with purnell at the helm. I'm not gonna get excited about recruiting til we get a new coach to go with the new arena. 'Til then, this was kinda sorta fun, and I'm happy I got to be here in person and will still be going to Curie games...

And I get to rib the obnoxious illini fans for just a bit

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 15, 2013 -> 03:57 PM)
Rumors (on the message boards) that Cliffs parents told Illinois coaches he was coming to Illinois. Hard to believe that's true, but if so, wow.

His body language and speech kind of seemed like he was annoyed with something, and we know its not the attention.