Official Recruiting Thread II

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 30, 2014 -> 05:50 AM)
Okafor, Alexander and Ulis all McDonald's All Americans from Chicago.

Only 2 going to the Big Ten from the game. Maybe 3 if somehow Turner goes to OSU. I thought KBD would go, but I guess not.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 30, 2014 -> 08:45 AM)
Only 2 going to the Big Ten from the game. Maybe 3 if somehow Turner goes to OSU. I thought KBD would go, but I guess not.

As usual a couple made it based on their commitment.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Feb 5, 2014 -> 01:55 AM)
Signing Day official begins in 4 hours.

Tenn's fax machine is on fire with the 82 recruits they signed

One of the best days of the year if not THE best in recruiting. Love this s***. Lots of surprises already with Malik McDowell's circus coming up too. His mom said she wouldnt sign his LOI to MSU.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 5, 2014 -> 09:05 AM)
Sounds like Illinois is going to get spurned on signing day by some of the best parts of their already awful class. I cannot believe Beckman still has a job.

Doesnt help to be the worst recruiter in a bad recruiting conference. I cannot believe he hasnt been fired.

Mizzou with a real nice class. It's one that ranking wise will be back of the SEC, but I like how they found players they thought would fit and were under the radar. And low and behold, these two star recruits suddenly have a break out senior year and alabama and others come knocking and their star rankings climb.

Tavon Ross's youtube is just sick (low level of competition) as is Nate Brown. I think this class will feature the next level of playmakers, and some nice in the trenches pieces as well.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 5, 2014 -> 09:05 AM)
Sounds like Illinois is going to get spurned on signing day by some of the best parts of their already awful class. I cannot believe Beckman still has a job.

Wait what? I hadn't heard any of this....

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Feb 5, 2014 -> 04:36 PM)
Wait what? I hadn't heard any of this....

The Stone Davis brothers have left campus. We know how that goes. Doubt they ever return. The one bro is definitely a big loss

Jihad Ward the best player in the class is rumored to be wavering to WVU. Who knows but he hasn't sent in his LOI.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 5, 2014 -> 09:39 AM)
The Stone Davis brothers have left campus. We know how that goes. Doubt they ever return. The one bro is definitely a big loss

Jihad Ward the best player in the class is rumored to be wavering to WVU. Who knows but he hasn't sent in his LOI.

SD brothers left because of academic reasons, from what I read they are coming back still, maybe that's wrong.

Doesn't Ward have a signing day event?

Should be two straight top 50 classes for Indiana. Lots of defensive help coming in. With the first wave of defensive recruits last year, this will create more competition and depth on the defensive side of the ball than IU has ever seen. If Knorr is competent enough to get the defense even up to mediocre, the offense is good enough to make it a bowl team.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Feb 5, 2014 -> 04:41 PM)
SD brothers leftThat's use of academic reasons, from what I read they are coming back still, maybe that's wrong.

Doesn't Ward have a signing day event?

When players leave due to academics I think it very rarely works out that they return. That's especially true for far away JCs. Not only do their shoddy grades have to clear but now they can also be recruited again since their LOIs don't apply until enrollment. I highly doubt we see them again but we will see.

I hope Ward comes.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 5, 2014 -> 09:55 AM)
I like high school highlight film. I find the variety of undersized kids and mammoth giants dominating them to be hilarious.

I also like the guys that are 4.4 guys just blowing away typical HS football players.

Curtis Samuel for us not only does that, but does it on NYC metro football fields which at times contain no grass. Its hilarious.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 5, 2014 -> 10:46 AM)
When players leave due to academics I think it very rarely works out that they return. That's especially true for far away JCs. Not only do their shoddy grades have to clear but now they can also be recruited again since their LOIs don't apply until enrollment. I highly doubt we see them again but we will see.

I hope Ward comes.

Yep and not that I think Beckham would be successful here anyways but nice to see the school cares about being a successful football program. Sigh, maybe someday we will have an administration that actually gets it.