Official Recruiting Thread II

And Cole really should have redshirted. He will be a valuable player by senior year, but basically his first two years will be wasted while he matures physically and gets stronger. Had he been able to have a redshirt year, he could have been an all-big ten player. Without it, I don't think he will be.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(gbuk @ Dec 21, 2007 -> 11:51 PM)
Legit pick up...good luck with his mom, seriously...I hope she doesn't do anything that completely ruins his career for him, although she said she's staying in Lexington to continue to work on her awesome ministry of prophecy.

Weber needs a guy like this, definitely a player he can work with.

Well based on this decision it would appear he is distancing himself from his mom who clearly wanted him at ND.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 22, 2007 -> 01:14 AM)
Well based on this decision it would appear he is distancing himself from his mom who clearly wanted him at ND.

I would hope your right, and think you do. Once Legion is available, the Illini would in theory and IMO have a backcourt of McCamey, Jamar (regardless of how I feel about him, he can play), and Legion. At least that's 3 legit Big 10 guards (I think DMAC will be ok), and with the calvary coming the next season, at least thinks look only really bad now, instead of like death. Baby steps.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(gbuk @ Dec 22, 2007 -> 11:10 AM)
For sure...I just hope it stays that way.

So do I. I really get the feeling that based on some of his comments that he is sick of her being so controlling and really wants to live his own life. You would also think she would finally realize that she needs to back off and Legion and the coaches take care of his basketball career. She can't afford to ruin his experience at another school because you really can't afford to transfer twice in college basketball as a player for the most part.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Dec 29, 2007 -> 07:32 AM)
Brandon Paul (Illini commit 09) had 36 points and 9 rebounds in a double OT win over Iman Shumpter and Oak Park tonight. Paul is blowing up, Iman-style. They seem like almost identical players.

sounds like paul is going to be a good one.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Dec 29, 2007 -> 07:33 AM)
sounds like paul is going to be a good one.

He is going to have to get stronger. All the ability in the world but at the next level could get pushed around a tad.

QUOTE(Brian @ Dec 29, 2007 -> 12:39 PM)
He is going to have to get stronger. All the ability in the world but at the next level could get pushed around a tad.

Let's not forget he has two years basically before he will suit up for the Illini. He will definately gain weight and muscle in those two years. From pictures I have seen from him, he looks pretty strong and his ability to penetrate and finish the shot seems to indicate that as well. I am pretty sure every junior in high school needs to get stronger in order to make it in the next level.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 29, 2007 -> 09:24 PM)
Whitney Young is amazing. Almost too much talent. They have 4 D1 guards on their roster. It's going to be hard for anyone to beat them come March.

This is the best I have seen them play all year. HF maybe tired. They had had a very tough road to the title game.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 3, 2008 -> 05:16 PM)
Looks like Crandall to Illinois Sunday.

http://www.ilprepbullseye.com/page35.html

As bad as it has been this year, just keep looking to the future. It will be good again. Maybe not 2005 like because I don't think any team could repeat what they did, but they should be back to sweet 16 contenders every year starting in 09. Just gotta go through this year and next year--which could be solid with Smith and Legion.

John Henson, Top 25 09 SF/PF makes a suprising commitment to UNC today. UNC fans had all but given up on ever getting a Texas kid away from Texas. 6'10 200, had a big growth spurt this year after being a guard early in his high school career. Dexter Strickland should be close to joining him in the next week or two.

The Gophers got a commitment from MarQueis Gray today, 4-star quarterback that Rivals ranks as the second best dual-threat QB behind Terrelle Pryor. That's huge news, and gives us a QB of the future that fits perfectly into our new system :)

Gooden's final official visit will be to Iowa State on Feb. 2. "I like coach Gene Chizik," he said. "He's a mastermind. He's one of the best coaches in the country. Also, I'd get early playing time there and they are an up-and-coming program so I'd have a chance to really help them out and be part of something special."

Zaviar would be a hell of a get to take away from Mizzou.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jan 5, 2008 -> 03:25 PM)
The Gophers got a commitment from MarQueis Gray today, 4-star quarterback that Rivals ranks as the second best dual-threat QB behind Terrelle Pryor. That's huge news, and gives us a QB of the future that fits perfectly into our new system :)

HELL of a pickup, and more bad news for the Big Ten