Official Recruiting Thread II

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Jan 3, 2008 -> 10:53 PM)
John Henson, Top 25 09 SF/PF makes a suprising commitment to UNC today. UNC fans had all but given up on ever getting a Texas kid away from Texas. 6'10 200, had a big growth spurt this year after being a guard early in his high school career. Dexter Strickland should be close to joining him in the next week or two.
I love Henson signing along with the twins. Henson was a heavy UNC lean I like his up side. Dom. Cheek seems to be pushing his commitment back from his earlier stated mid season plans, but he did say Marshall, and Strickland are pushing him hard for a Carolina commit. Sounds good for Strickland being all but in Capel Hill.

Reggie Bullock has confirmed with two sources that he will officially announce his verbal with North Carolina tonight while in Chapal Hill for tonights game. He will join Marshall in the class of 2010. Very athletic swing man who should be strong at the 2 and 3 position for the Heels.

QUOTE(JuiceCruz16 @ Jan 7, 2008 -> 08:09 AM)
I love Henson signing along with the twins. Henson was a heavy UNC lean I like his up side. Dom. Cheek seems to be pushing his commitment back from his earlier stated mid season plans, but he did say Marshall, and Strickland are pushing him hard for a Carolina commit. Sounds good for Strickland being all but in Capel Hill.

QUOTE(JuiceCruz16 @ Jan 9, 2008 -> 10:15 AM)
Reggie Bullock has confirmed with two sources that he will officially announce his verbal with North Carolina tonight while in Chapal Hill for tonights game. He will join Marshall in the class of 2010. Very athletic swing man who should be strong at the 2 and 3 position for the Heels.

You are a NC fan, yet you fail to spell CHAPEL Hill right in both posts. Come on, LOL.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jan 9, 2008 -> 10:17 AM)
You are a NC fan, yet you fail to spell CHAPEL Hill right in both posts. Come on, LOL.
Your right there's your E. I'm just very excited at this amazing run by Roy in his recruiting. I see Bullock is ranked as high as the #1 2 guard for 2010; that will make a great tandem with Marshall at the point. Couple that with Henson and the Wear twins for next season, and it's been a HUGE couple of weeks for "Blue Heaven". Hopefully Strickland will verbal soon as well and make it just about perfect!! Edited by JuiceCruz16

WOW! Now Dexter Strickland commits to UNC. This has been an amazing stretch for the Tarheels. Incredible two week span :headbang. Now all Tarheel eyes are on Dominic Cheek, but with the studs already in the fold I think Cheek may shy away from his dream school, as I've heard that he is 100% certain that he wants to be 1 and done before entering the NBA draft. He may want to go somewhere that he can be featured at for that year. Villanova seems to be a place where he could be the go to guy as a frosh. In any event Roy is getting it done!! The future looks great.

QUOTE(JuiceCruz16 @ Jan 14, 2008 -> 09:57 AM)
WOW! Now Dexter Strickland commits to UNC. This has been an amazing stretch for the Tarheels. Incredible two week span :headbang. Now all Tarheel eyes are on Dominic Cheek, but with the studs already in the fold I think Cheek may shy away from his dream school, as I've heard that he is 100% certain that he wants to be 1 and done before entering the NBA draft. He may want to go somewhere that he can be featured at for that year. Villanova seems to be a place where he could be the go to guy as a frosh. In any event Roy is getting it done!! The future looks great.

Quintrell Thomas was the better on that squad featuring Strickland.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Jan 14, 2008 -> 10:12 AM)
Quintrell Thomas was the better on that squad featuring Strickland.

Dexter is a top ten type guy in his class with both point & two guard ability he is a great addition to the 3 bigs from last week (Wear twins & Henson). If you are more impressed with Thomas, he seems to be a good one also then. I'm ecstatic with Dexter, coupled with the bigs mentioned earlier, plus Marshall & Bullock for 2010. Davis, Zeller, (Drew, who may have trouble holding a spot ) next year. It has been a spectatular year . If Ellington, Lawson, Hansbrough all go on to the NBA early like May, Felton, McCants. & Williams did, hopefully it will be with another national championship, and the next great groups seem to be in place.

Edited by JuiceCruz16

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Jan 17, 2008 -> 10:03 AM)
Maybe the world is starting to realize Coach K is a putz.
Well, when Monroe chose G'town over Duke he did say he was a bit freaked out by coach K. crying while asking something about his mother and a situation. He said it was a bit weird, and he didn't know how to take it from coach K. He did not say that was the main reason he chose G'town, but he mentioned it while saying how comfortable he felt with Thompson Jr.

QUOTE(JuiceCruz16 @ Jan 17, 2008 -> 10:30 AM)
Well, when Monroe chose G'town over Duke he did say he was a bit freaked out by coach K. crying while asking something about his mother and a situation. He said it was a bit weird, and he didn't know how to take it from coach K. He did not say that was the main reason he chose G'town, but he mentioned it while saying how comfortable he felt with Thompson Jr.

Look at the quality of the Duke player now....flopping, falling, whining.

Football recruiting weirdness for Illini and myself as a UNC fan. LB Evan Frierson commits to UNC on official visit, backs out an hour later, commits to Illinois the next day, and now he has backed out a few days later and is open between Illinois and UNC.

Hilarious(or sad?) stuff.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Jan 18, 2008 -> 11:48 AM)
Football recruiting weirdness for Illini and myself as a UNC fan. LB Evan Frierson commits to UNC on official visit, backs out an hour later, commits to Illinois the next day, and now he has backed out a few days later and is open between Illinois and UNC.

Hilarious(or sad?) stuff.

Friersons confusion is directly related to Will Compton and I'll explain why. Frierson commited to UNC, but the reason he switched within a day was when Illinois got word of the verbal, they called Frierson and told him they had no shot at Compton, thus Frierson would have a shot to play early at MLB and be on a team with several other D.C. area guys, so he changed his verbal. However, now Compton has said he will announce next Tuesday and Illinois (and Frierson) think the Illini have a shot at him now, so there is just mass confusion all over the place. Once Compton announces next week, this confusion should begin to clear itself up.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 20, 2008 -> 01:02 PM)
For Illinois fans, I predict that Brandon Paul and Jereme Richmond will be teammates next year in high school. Which school is TBA. Just a prediction but am reading some writing on the walls.

Really? What exactly are you hearing? That would be pretty sweet to watch.