Official Recruiting Thread II

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 20, 2008 -> 01:21 PM)
Really? What exactly are you hearing? That would be pretty sweet to watch.

Let's just say that it has to do with both guy nice like being disciplined and yelled at by their current coaches. Odds are one will transfer next year to the others school. I'm guessing Richmond transfers to Warren, but time will tell.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 20, 2008 -> 04:11 PM)
Let's just say that it has to do with both guy nice like being disciplined and yelled at by their current coaches. Odds are one will transfer next year to the others school. I'm guessing Richmond transfers to Warren, but time will tell.

I don't think Richmond will transfer. Didn't he already transfer just prior to this year?

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jan 20, 2008 -> 06:10 PM)
I don't think Richmond will transfer. Didn't he already transfer just prior to this year?

Yup. If you saw his body language towards the team and coach, you would think differently. I don't think he likes Waukegan and isn't happy. He and Paul are good friends and wouldn't be surprised to see them playing together next year. Just a hunch.

It appears the Illini have found Reda's replacement, as Derek Dimke of Rockford Boylan (#13 kicker in the nation according to scout.com) has verballed. He owns the record for longest made FG in a playoff game in the history of Illinois HS football. The playoff field goal was 54 yards, and he also made a 54 yard try in the regular season this year, plus 85 percent of his kickoffs the last 2 seasons were touchbacks, so he has a strong leg.

http://www.wifr.com/sports/headlines/13959987.html

http://www.rrstar.com/sports/x1151550372

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Jan 22, 2008 -> 09:47 PM)
Tyrone Appleton...number 3 bball juco in the nation visiting KU this weekend.

We already have the number 1 Juco, Mario Little.

He's down to KU, ISU, Kentucky and some other school.

After we win tonight, do you figure he'll think we're too loaded?

Well, Illinois picked up a DE commitment, Ugo Uzodinma, from Dunbar H.S. in D.C. 6'4'' 240, 4.6... Pretty good #'s... Originally came down to Virginia and Illinois, picked Virginia b/c of Mike London. But when London was named head coach at Richmond, Ugo wanted to play for the Illini.

Oh, and Compton re-affirmed his commitment to Nebraska.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE(dasox24 @ Jan 23, 2008 -> 04:14 PM)
Well, Illinois picked up a DE commitment, Ugo Uzodinma, from Dunbar H.S. in D.C. 6'4'' 240, 4.6... Pretty good #'s... Originally came down to Virginia and Illinois, picked Virginia b/c of Mike London. But when London was named head coach at Richmond, Ugo wanted to play for the Illini.

Oh, and Compton re-affirmed his commitment to Nebraska.

Does that mean Frierson is going to come to Illinois?

Couple nice pickups for Illinois, even if they are only 2 stars. NIU got some kid from Florida who is 6'0, 240 and runs a legit 4.53 in the 40 yard dash. He isn't rated by the major recruiting sites, but with those measureables, he's more than welcome to come play ball here.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(JuiceCruz16 @ Jan 24, 2008 -> 09:03 AM)
USC plucks another superstar prospect as the #1 QB ( M. Barkley) makes it official that he will be a Trojan.

Note for the casual followers: He is the #1 QB prospect for 2009

I heard about him awhile back and could not figure out why there was no mention of him on Rivals or Scout's rankings. Turns out I was looking in the wrong year!

Not the ones that are good at recruiting. If you want really good players, you have to deal with some sniffing around at other places after they verbal. Some kids just love the process of being wanted.

For the most part you are correct. However, Texas uses that recruiting style. They pressure the top kids in state to commit early and stay firm or they will move on, and always end up with a great class before everyone else gets started.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Jan 24, 2008 -> 10:52 AM)
Note for the casual followers: He is the #1 QB prospect for 2009

I heard about him awhile back and could not figure out why there was no mention of him on Rivals or Scout's rankings. Turns out I was looking in the wrong year!

Yeah, Pryor is the #1 for 2008. He was pretty much a lock for USC from the start.

ESPN reviews the Big Ten recruiting classes.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/...&id=3211866

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Jan 24, 2008 -> 04:17 PM)
For the most part you are correct. However, Texas uses that recruiting style. They pressure the top kids in state to commit early and stay firm or they will move on, and always end up with a great class before everyone else gets started.

Well you are right, but Texas basically just offers the top 50 kids in Texas, tells them there are 25 spots open, and says it's first come, first serve. As a result of that, along with the popularity of HS football and the Horns down there, they have 25 verbals and a top recruiting class by about March every year, way before almost anybody else in the nation. Thus, as a result, if a guy or two strays (which does happen), they just pull the offer and have plenty of time to get somebody else. So while your correct, that's kind of a unique situation.

Edited by whitesoxfan101