Official Recruiting Thread II

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 9, 2008 -> 11:35 PM)
Bruce Weber can't even get it right when he gets a top 10 national recruit apparently.

Then Richmond will fit right in at Illinois, whose basketball program is rather "class-challenged" to be politically correct. It's too bad Frazier will have graduated before Richmond gets there, otherwise he could teach Richmond how to be a complete jerk to players on the other team as well as players on his own team.

Edited by knightni

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ Feb 10, 2008 -> 07:47 AM)
Then Richmond will fit right in at Illinois, whose basketball program is rather "class-challenged" to be politically correct. It's too bad Frazier will have graduated before Richmond gets there, otherwise he could teach Richmond how to be a complete jerk to players on the other team as well as players on his own team.

From an IU fan. Really, hitless, really?

QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ Feb 10, 2008 -> 02:24 AM)
I like your edit, too. I probably should hire an editor for all my posts :)

I'm sure that they are everything you want to say that they are...and more. However, we're trying to reign it in a bit to keep the arguments at a minimum around here.

:cheers

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 10, 2008 -> 01:29 AM)
From an IU fan. Really, hitless, really?

When Ron Guenther feels the University needs to apologize, it's pretty clear things aren't going well. I guess I just don't understand why it's so difficult to not do embarrassing things like Frazier's chest bump or Weber not shaking Gordon's hand at the end of the game. As an outsider, to me it makes the program look bad. Probably worse than is actually case.

QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ Feb 10, 2008 -> 08:48 AM)
When Ron Guenther feels the University needs to apologize, it's pretty clear things aren't going well. I guess I just don't understand why it's so difficult to not do embarrassing things like Frazier's chest bump or Weber not shaking Gordon's hand at the end of the game. As an outsider, to me it makes the program look bad. Probably worse than is actually case.

I was more talking about this comment: "whose basketball program is rather "class-challenged" to be politically correct."

Coming from a fan whose once proud program hired a known cheater?

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 10, 2008 -> 01:55 AM)
I was more talking about this comment: "whose basketball program is rather "class-challenged" to be politically correct."

Coming from a fan whose once proud program hired a known cheater?

You probably won't believe me, but I'm not a fan of IU. I'm old enough to remember Knight coaching there and in keeping with the desire for more civility around here I'll just say I wasn't enamored with his style either. I don't have anything constructive to say about their current coach, except that I find it funny that when he was president of the NABC he was instrumental in forming the ethics committee. And also, you would also probably enjoy the wikipedia entry on Kelvin Sampson. Someone that dislikes him has obviously edited it recently....

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 9, 2008 -> 11:35 PM)
Bruce Weber can't even get it right when he gets a top 10 national recruit apparently. Rumblings have been out of the north suburbs all year (including even from Warren homer Brian of these very boards) that Jereme Richmond is a cancer. While I have refused to believe it, tonight made me a believer. Richmond is out for mysterious *cough BULL s*** /cough* reasons tonight after a blowup in the locker room after losing to Evanston earlier this week, and low and behold, Waukegan plays it's best game all year and beats an outstanding North Chicago squad. Just freaking wonderful, ugh.

Ha, Never really been called a Warren homer, but I like it. Alma mater and all.

I cover high school sports in Lake County and have seen over a dozen Waukegan games. I don't blame you for not believing me because seeing is believing.

What makes the blow up after the game worse is that Bruce Weber went to the locker room after the game to say Hi, opened the door, heard and saw Richmond screaming, turned around and left.

Richmond has a lot of growing up and improving to do if he ever wants to be successful at the next level. Trust me when I say that he can't create his own shot, can't drive to the bucket and can NOT make a jump shot. Things that he can improve on.

I'm not taking Jereme's side, but put yourself in his shoes. Who here had a full ride to college and their future in control as a freshmen in high school? Not me.

Michigan picks up another football commitment today in Montavious Odoms a 3-star WR from Florida. He did not sign on NSD and was reportedly headed to Miami on a track scholarship, somehow being able to play football for the 'Canes as well.

He's decided to go to Michigan and is sending his LOI in today. He'll play slot receiver for the Wolverines and is a speedster.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Feb 10, 2008 -> 04:11 PM)
Michigan picks up another football commitment today in Montavious Odoms a 3-star WR from Florida. He did not sign on NSD and was reportedly headed to Miami on a track scholarship, somehow being able to play football for the 'Canes as well.

He's decided to go to Michigan and is sending his LOI in today. He'll play slot receiver for the Wolverines and is a speedster.

Too bad we have nobody to throw the ball to him yet.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Feb 10, 2008 -> 05:11 PM)

Once he played a down in a Miami uniform, he would count against the football team's scholarship. Miami was going to redshirt him this year and get him in on a track only ship so they could get him in this class. I really liked him and he should be a 4-star player but rivals doesnt like handing out too many 4 stars to south florida kids.

Real good get for the other UM.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Feb 14, 2008 -> 12:54 PM)
****WR Sedrick Johnson, who f***ing signed with Iowa State, may be getting out of his LOI to sign with A&M (it may have already happened).

Jesus f***ing Christ, never a f***ing break.

Mike Sherman pwned Gene Chizik.

:ph34r:

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Feb 14, 2008 -> 01:09 PM)
You'd think so.

For the same reasons that coaches who signed new contracts leave to get another job. If he signed his LOI, he should lose a year of eligibility. It would be like paying the school you left after signing that contract...just ask Rich Rod and Jerry Kill.

I have seen kids change their mind after signing the LOI, but they had to sit out a year. I have never seen the NCAA grant a kid a release from his LOI just because he regretted his decision. That would be a horrible trend to start.

I'm wanting the NCAA to offer an early signing period for football, and they seem to be wanting to make the late signing period have less teeth. Wonderful.