Official Recruiting Thread II

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IU is losing another recruit. 4 star guard Terrell Holloway announces that he is getting out of his letter of intent. He said it should be official today, but he will be free and clear of it by the end of the week at the latest.

QUOTE(JuiceCruz16 @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 01:16 PM)
IU is losing another recruit. 4 star guard Terrell Holloway announces that he is getting out of his letter of intent. He said it should be official today, but he will be free and clear of it by the end of the week at the latest.

He should totally become a Cyclone.

QUOTE(JuiceCruz16 @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 01:16 PM)

Yeah, him and Ebanks were the one with that clause in their LOI that let them out of it if Sampson was gone. The other two recruits, Pritchard and Roth, would have to be released from their LOI's by IU.

donivine stewart from bartonville limestone committed to illinois today. i'm not hugely surprised he committed, but surprised he committed so soon. the 2011 class is off to a nice start.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 03:03 PM)
donivine stewart from bartonville limestone committed to illinois today. i'm not hugely surprised he committed, but surprised he committed so soon. the 2011 class is off to a nice start.

Sounds like someone jumped the gun on this. Stewart hasn't committed yet.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 08:27 PM)
Sounds like someone jumped the gun on this. Stewart hasn't committed yet.

yeah, i just got an e-mail from a friend about that. stupid scout.

ah well, at the end of the day i do think he will be an illini.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Mar 12, 2008 -> 09:46 AM)
I don't know. Big, big, big time schools are going after him. I don't have the confidence in Weber to close the deal.

You mean like DJ Richardson, Jereme Richmond, Crandall Head, Alex Legion, and Tyler Griffey?

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Mar 12, 2008 -> 02:46 PM)
I don't know. Big, big, big time schools are going after him. I don't have the confidence in Weber to close the deal.

c'mon train. get with the program. everyone knows the rub on weber: great recruiter, can't coach.

:P

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 14, 2008 -> 12:43 PM)
Illinois class 4a, first team:

Kevin Dillard (5-11 Sr., Homewood- Flossmoor)

Mike Dunigan (6-10 Sr., Farragut)

Iman Shumpert (6-4 Sr., Oak Park)

Nick Fruendt (6-5 Sr., Batavia)

Brandon Paul (6-3 Jr., Warren).

How good is this kid supposed to be? Northwestern returns everyone, and will this kid help any? I'm always pulling for Northwestern (except when they play IU, of course).

QUOTE(Brian @ Mar 14, 2008 -> 07:55 PM)
Surprised Brandon Paul made it. He was very good at times but also inconsistent. Really hit his stride after the holidays. He could be the best of the bunch of those Weber recruits.

i think he will absolutely be the best of the bunch.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Mar 15, 2008 -> 12:21 PM)
Jerrance Howard is. I don't think he'll go with the Illini because he's going to witness how horrible they are next year, and yes, they will be brutal next year.

Jerrance didn't recruit Richmond, Weber is the reason they got Simpson, Price was the lead recruiter on Paul and Griffey, for Head Jerrance certainly helped but Lu and the Head family love Weber, Legion certainly was thanks to Jerrance, and DJ committed much earlier than he would have thanks to Jerrance. Bertrand would have been Illini no matter what once he got offered. Keller was a Jerrance guy as well. The fact people are giving all the credit to Howard is absolutely absurd.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Mar 15, 2008 -> 06:21 PM)
Jerrance Howard is. I don't think he'll go with the Illini because he's going to witness how horrible they are next year, and yes, they will be brutal next year.

Next year? They'll be much better than they are this year, that is for sure. I really don't expect a freshman in HS to base his decsion off such a thing regardless.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 15, 2008 -> 12:44 PM)
Next year? They'll be much better than they are this year, that is for sure. I really don't expect a freshman in HS to base his decsion off such a thing regardless.

Especially when the only one on next years team he would play with would be Stan Simpson.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 15, 2008 -> 12:27 PM)
Jerrance didn't recruit Richmond, Weber is the reason they got Simpson, Price was the lead recruiter on Paul and Griffey, for Head Jerrance certainly helped but Lu and the Head family love Weber, Legion certainly was thanks to Jerrance, and DJ committed much earlier than he would have thanks to Jerrance. Bertrand would have been Illini no matter what once he got offered. Keller was a Jerrance guy as well. The fact people are giving all the credit to Howard is absolutely absurd.

Jerrance didn't recruit Richmond, you're right, but he sure as hell is the reason why he's sticking with the Illini. It was in some article awhile back. Simpson is nothing special. He will be no better than Shaun Pruitt. They will definitely not be as good next year without Brian Randle who isn't even that great. Yes I do realize they have Jamar coming back next year, but he is not as good as Randle. McCamey really hasn't shown much and I do expect him to get a bit better, but it will be very very hard for them to do good next year, especially considering the rest of the conference will be a lot stronger. This year was a down year for the Big Ten.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Mar 15, 2008 -> 07:38 PM)
Jerrance didn't recruit Richmond, you're right, but he sure as hell is the reason why he's sticking with the Illini. It was in some article awhile back. Simpson is nothing special. He will be no better than Shaun Pruitt. They will definitely not be as good next year without Brian Randle who isn't even that great. Yes I do realize they have Jamar coming back next year, but he is not as good as Randle. McCamey really hasn't shown much and I do expect him to get a bit better, but it will be very very hard for them to do good next year, especially considering the rest of the conference will be a lot stronger. This year was a down year for the Big Ten.

Huh? I don't see a lot of Illini games, but the ones I have seen, he has looked exceptional. Am I missing something?