Official Recruiting Thread II

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 19, 2008 -> 12:29 PM)
He should already see some playing time next season in the Tebow mold. 6-6 running a sub 4.3 is something to behold.

He's not God.

And he doesn't run a sub 4.3 either. Unless you are talking about the 30-yard dash maybe.

Let's not treat him as such.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 19, 2008 -> 06:28 PM)
lol @ the bitter Michigan fan accusing Ohio State of payout. You do know who your current coach is, right? Well that, and you do know the history of your basketball program, right?

What the hell does Michigan's current coach have anything to do with any of this?????

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Mar 20, 2008 -> 04:52 PM)
What the hell does Michigan's current coach have anything to do with any of this?????

You read, right? He's been nothing but shady since he left West Virginia, so for a Michigan fan to call shenanigans towards an Ohio State fan right now is hypocrisy at it's finest.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Mar 20, 2008 -> 04:50 PM)
He's not God.

And he doesn't run a sub 4.3 either. Unless you are talking about the 30-yard dash maybe.

Let's not treat him as such.

I corrected myself to say that it was a 4.3 And he's the best player in the nation, he's going to see playing time, hes a freak. Hows the UM QB position shaping up these days?

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 20, 2008 -> 08:31 PM)
You read, right? He's been nothing but shady since he left West Virginia, so for a Michigan fan to call shenanigans towards an Ohio State fan right now is hypocrisy at it's finest.

Shady in what way? Continuing to recruit all the way up until signing day like every other coach out there? Do you know how many of Michigan's players were still getting recruited the night before? Hell, Cal told Sam McGuffie that RB Coach Fred Jackson, who McGuffie loved, was leaving for the NFL, which was a lie. Illinois tried to recruit Michigan commits (Cissoko for sure off the top of my head), but they get a pass because our guy didn't change his mind?

Joe Tiller can freakin whine all he wants, but that's a bunch of BS. There is nothing he's done at Michigan that's shady at all.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Mar 21, 2008 -> 04:18 AM)
Shady in what way? Continuing to recruit all the way up until signing day like every other coach out there? Do you know how many of Michigan's players were still getting recruited the night before? Hell, Cal told Sam McGuffie that RB Coach Fred Jackson, who McGuffie loved, was leaving for the NFL, which was a lie. Illinois tried to recruit Michigan commits (Cissoko for sure off the top of my head), but they get a pass because our guy didn't change his mind?

Joe Tiller can freakin whine all he wants, but that's a bunch of BS. There is nothing he's done at Michigan that's shady at all.

i didn't have a problem with what rr did. football recruiting is much more aggressive than basketball recruiting and it is commonplace for the process to go right up until signing day whether or not someone has verballed somewhere. and as has been mentioned before, tiller has done the exact same thing before, so he should shut his pie hole.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Mar 21, 2008 -> 09:05 AM)
i didn't have a problem with what rr did. football recruiting is much more aggressive than basketball recruiting and it is commonplace for the process to go right up until signing day whether or not someone has verballed somewhere. and as has been mentioned before, tiller has done the exact same thing before, so he should shut his pie hole.

I dont really respect a coach that would call a recruit and tell him he's leaving his job before the coach tells his team. Of course its even funnier that said recruit just went to his biggest rival.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 21, 2008 -> 05:44 PM)
I dont really respect a coach that would call a recruit and tell him he's leaving his job before the coach tells his team. Of course its even funnier that said recruit just went to his biggest rival.

It's a good thing that it doesn't matter one iota in his career whether he has your respect or not.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Mar 22, 2008 -> 12:23 PM)
It's a good thing that it doesn't matter one iota in his career whether he has your respect or not.

Wow, im glad i didnt mention that my opinions affect his career more than anything. Phew!!!! I wonder if DickRod liked putting all his eggs in that basket? I wonder how his players felt when they found out that recruits for his next job were more important than they were? I wonder if any recruits wondered what kind of a coach was it that would do such a thing? I wonder if a coaches character ever comes into play during recruiting in a recruit's living room with his family? I wonder if THEIR opinion will affect his career?

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 23, 2008 -> 12:10 AM)
Wow, im glad i didnt mention that my opinions affect his career more than anything. Phew!!!! I wonder if DickRod liked putting all his eggs in that basket? I wonder how his players felt when they found out that recruits for his next job were more important than they were? I wonder if any recruits wondered what kind of a coach was it that would do such a thing? I wonder if a coaches character ever comes into play during recruiting in a recruit's living room with his family? I wonder if THEIR opinion will affect his career?

You are greatly exaggerating what happened. Actually, you might not be, but you are making assumptions that may not be correct at all. Neither of us know exactly what happened. My point is, if that is the only thing you have on him, then I'd say you are making a mountain out of a tiny molehill.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 23, 2008 -> 12:10 AM)

You wonder a lot of things :P

palehose, a little update for your boy Ty Zeller. Not that UNC really needs the help, but Mr. Zeller accorded himself quite nicely in the state playoffs.

He led Washington to the 3A state title (there isn't much doubt they would have won the 4A crown too, if they played Brownsburg the 4A winner) completely dominating the whole tournament. He set an IHSAA record for points scored in a championship game (any level) with 43 yesterday. Here are his performances beginning with the regional.....

Regional - 1st Round

Defeated #2 ranked Edgewood scoring 32 points with 20 rebounds

Regional Final

Defeated #1 Evansville Memorial (my alma mater) scoring 38 points with 16 rebounds

Semi-State

Defeated #3 Batesville scoring 38 points. Could not find a rebound total, but know it was more than 10

State Championship

Defeated #6 Fort Wayne Harding scoring 43 points with 16 rebounds.

That is just flat out dominant against the best possible competition in their class.

Thanks for the update Rex. What kind of competition is he really playing against? I saw some of his video's and the guys that were guarding him were 6'2 white guys, which left me with a little bit of concern. Scoring 40 and putting up 20 rebounds which he has done several times is a great feat against anyone, and I know he's talented, but I'm just wondering what kind of talent he is playing against.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 25, 2008 -> 01:03 PM)
Heard some inside info that Ernie Kent is trying to convince Kevin Dillard to go to prep school next year, and then sign with Oregon in 2009.

Well he can go f*** himself. Dillard seems excited about coming here, that s*** better not happen.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 25, 2008 -> 01:03 PM)
Heard some inside info that Ernie Kent is trying to convince Kevin Dillard to go to prep school next year, and then sign with Oregon in 2009.

If that ever happened, i would kill somebody. And Dillard seems pretty loyal to SIU too.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Mar 24, 2008 -> 12:09 PM)
Thanks for the update Rex. What kind of competition is he really playing against? I saw some of his video's and the guys that were guarding him were 6'2 white guys, which left me with a little bit of concern. Scoring 40 and putting up 20 rebounds which he has done several times is a great feat against anyone, and I know he's talented, but I'm just wondering what kind of talent he is playing against.

Indiana Class 3A is good competition, not great. Most people they were the best team in the state regardless of class, however. Memorial, who they beat in the regional has Kyle Kuric which is going to Louisville. But they were not tall. They were 6'3, 6'4, 6'5 at best. Zeller also had a 6'10 or 6'11 teammate so they did tower over some teams. I think the biggest thing to take from it is that his team beat the #1, #2, #3 and #6 teams in the state along the way and he had consistently superior performances.

He'll win Indiana Mr. Basketball and play on the All-Star team in the annual series against KY.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Mar 24, 2008 -> 12:09 PM)

Upper level Indiana HS basketball is as good as anywhere else in the country. Basketball is religion in most of the state. In lots of towns, it is all they have.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 28, 2008 -> 09:04 AM)
Upper level Indiana HS basketball is as good as anywhere else in the country. Basketball is religion in most of the state. In all the towns, it is all they have.

Fixed.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 28, 2008 -> 09:04 AM)
Upper level Indiana HS basketball is as good as anywhere else in the country. Basketball is religion in most of the state. In lots of towns, it is all they have.

Good, cause Matta has been recruiting heavily in Indiana and looks to be pulling down the top player for 2010.