Official Recruiting Thread II

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like NIU's class, although it may not be done. Already had late signing #1 today apparently (a JUCO offensive guard), and there are at least 5 guys I know of who didn't sign yesterday and have interest in us. Combine that with the fact we have a few open scholarships, and this class might not be over yet. As of now though, we missed on a few guys but I still like the class. Six guys from Florida and two from Texas is very unusual for us, but I like the idea a lot. We'll see how it works in coming seasons.

As for Urban Meyer, f*** that arrogant bastard. I don't think Lane Kiffin is doing much to endear himself to many people, but I'll take anybody's side against Meyer.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 5, 2009 -> 04:19 PM)
Meyer is a crooked SOB anyway, f*** him.

I'd love to see the Vols take it to him this upcoming season.

Unfortunately, Tennessee will be lucky if Florida doesn't hang 70 on them when they visit the swamp. Kiffin is an idiot. Lance Thompson isn't any better for saying there "ain't no way he's gonna get any more of my recruits" referring to Nick Saban. In one day they go completely idiotic and challenge both Florida and Alabama. Kiffin better come up with some pretty big weapons, cause Meyer and Saban aren't going anywhere.

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Feb 5, 2009 -> 10:21 PM)
Unfortunately, Tennessee will be lucky if Florida doesn't hang 70 on them when they visit the swamp. Kiffin is an idiot. Lance Thompson isn't any better for saying there "ain't no way he's gonna get any more of my recruits" referring to Nick Saban. In one day they go completely idiotic and challenge both Florida and Alabama. Kiffin better come up with some pretty big weapons, cause Meyer and Saban aren't going anywhere.

Honestly, I don't care. I love it! It's about damn time someone stood up to those douchebags. The rest of the SEC shouldn't be afraid of the almighty Urban Meyer and Saban is just a prick. That's why you're seeing the losses of his top coaches. No one can stand to work with him.

Tennessee's offense will be bad next year, but Florida won't put up more than 30. Our defense is too good and returning almost everyone. But, Florida better live it up while they can b/c in a few years it's game on!

Edited by dasox24

Re:Kiffin,

Gotta love an assclown of that stature writing checks that he sure as hell can't backup. I'm not sure exactly what the hell he is thinking, but congrats to him for painting his own face as a target for 11 other SEC teams, before even coaching his first game at Tennessee.

Well, whether he meant to or not, Kiffin put Tennessee at the forefront of any college football team the day after signing day, rather than LSU or Alabama with their phenomenal classes. All the talk was about Tennessee. And you know what they say... any press is good press.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 17, 2009 -> 06:42 AM)
Did you jump for joy? I think Montana has a little something to do with that.

I thought about jumping for joy, but I was merely satisfied, not joyous. And Montana has everything to do with it. Seems like OSU is putting all their eggs in one basket though. Is that smart?

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Feb 18, 2009 -> 12:01 AM)
I thought about jumping for joy, but I was merely satisfied, not joyous. And Montana has everything to do with it. Seems like OSU is putting all their eggs in one basket though. Is that smart?

Dont know, they told Montana that he was their guy if he committed early. Folks are expecting it within weeks per his dad and also Nick. Looks like OSU decided that it was him and him only.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 23, 2009 -> 05:03 PM)
Bucks got their 4th commit for 2010 in LB David Durham from Austin (TX)

Oh, you thought there was a downtime in FB recruiting?

Still have a ways to go to catch up to Texas and their 11 commits already. Usually by the end of March Texas is finished with 90% of their class. Crazy.

Edited by Palehosefan

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Feb 23, 2009 -> 05:31 PM)
Still have a ways to go to catch up to Texas and their 11 commits already. Usually by the end of March Texas is finished with 90% of their class. Crazy.

They are a different animal. Texas boys commit to the U early and often.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Feb 23, 2009 -> 08:35 PM)
On rivals during the final recruiting day this year, they had a 2010 top250 and the guy is Dillon Baxter- he was 13th overall but the #1 RB.

Are you sure that wasnt the top 250 to watch? They havent ranked the players for 2010 yet.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Feb 23, 2009 -> 08:35 PM)
On rivals during the final recruiting day this year, they had a 2010 top250 and the guy is Dillon Baxter- he was 13th overall but the #1 RB.

The Rivals 250 to watch for 2010 is listed in alphabetical order, hence Baxter is near the top. I'm sure he is good, but sorry to disappoint. More than likely Lache Seastrunk, from Texas will be the #1 RB.

• 2 weeks later...

David Oku signed with Tennessee last week. Rivals' #1 All-Purpose RB...

I know it's a long-shot, but I'm holding out some hope for Bryce Brown. I feel like he's a lot better kid than people think due to his "manager" dude (Brian Butler). Once he gets to college and gets separated from Butler, I feel he'll be a lot better wherever he ends up.