Official Recruiting Thread II

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Mar 14, 2009 -> 09:45 PM)
Harrison Barnes looking studly, winning the 4A championship for Ames. Their team goes undefeated, and they are all juniors. Will be one of the top 100 teams in the country next year.

He will look great at Duke, maybe Kansas.

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Mar 16, 2009 -> 12:35 AM)
He will look great at Duke, maybe Kansas.

Which will suck. His mom works for Iowa State. His dad played for Iowa State. He lives in Ames. He grew up a Cyclone fan. He's at most of our home games. I'm not sure what other built in advantage we can get.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Mar 16, 2009 -> 03:21 PM)
Both Tennessee and Miami fans are happy with this decision.

I can understand why. If I were in Miami's situation, I'd be fed up with him waiting around and feel the same way. But as a UT fan, since he decided not to sign and we only got in on his recruitment about 2 months ago, I love the fact that we got a talented player such as himself.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Mar 16, 2009 -> 06:00 PM)
I can understand why. If I were in Miami's situation, I'd be fed up with him waiting around and feel the same way. But as a UT fan, since he decided not to sign and we only got in on his recruitment about 2 months ago, I love the fact that we got a talented player such as himself.

If Kiffen doesn't get more recruiting violations for this get, then it's a great move. For UT's sake, Brian Butler needs to go off into obscurity. But the chances of that happening are about as good as me getting with Jessica Alba.

I made the short drive to Hoffman Estates last night to see Jereme Richmond and Waukegan play. He is still sick (or so I was told, and so it appeared) and he probably didn't have his best game, but he still had about 18 points, several blocks, and 15 rebounds and Waukegan blew out high school basketball's answer to the Duke Blue Devils, Glenbrook North. Compared to the competition Waukegan had to beat to get to last night (Zion-Benton and Warren), the Spartans seemed an easier opponent, although I believe they had played twice this season, both close games, with GBN winning one. Not sure how that happened after watching that game. The point is though, in regards to this thread, even on a night where Richmond didn't play his best game, you could just see the talent. He had a few dunks, some incredible blocks, a ton of rebounds, and put up big numbers in a big game despite the fact he was getting mugged all night and didn't shoot great.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 18, 2009 -> 12:45 PM)
I made the short drive to Hoffman Estates last night to see Jereme Richmond and Waukegan play. He is still sick (or so I was told, and so it appeared) and he probably didn't have his best game, but he still had about 18 points, several blocks, and 15 rebounds and Waukegan blew out high school basketball's answer to the Duke Blue Devils, Glenbrook North. Compared to the competition Waukegan had to beat to get to last night (Zion-Benton and Warren), the Spartans seemed an easier opponent, although I believe they had played twice this season, both close games, with GBN winning one. Not sure how that happened after watching that game. The point is though, in regards to this thread, even on a night where Richmond didn't play his best game, you could just see the talent. He had a few dunks, some incredible blocks, a ton of rebounds, and put up big numbers in a big game despite the fact he was getting mugged all night and didn't shoot great.

Quan Connor missed the game for Waukegan. He is a huge part of their defense and gets about 12 pts a game.

Richmond should win Mr. Basketball in Illinois.

There is also a rumor going around that Lenzelle Smith will be transferring to Waukegan next year. His dad is switching churches from one in Zion to one in Waukegan.

That would be 2 of the top 5 seniors in Illinois playing on the same team. Not sure how it will work cuz also heard they don't get along all that great.

If that happens and they could play together, Waukegan would go undefeated next year.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 18, 2009 -> 01:26 PM)
Quan Connor missed the game for Waukegan. He is a huge part of their defense and gets about 12 pts a game.

Richmond should win Mr. Basketball in Illinois.

Richmond should finish first with Paul 2nd and no one else should really be close.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 18, 2009 -> 01:43 PM)
Richmond should finish first with Paul 2nd and no one else should really be close.

I'm a Warren guy and I agree with this. A lot of people in the city will want Darius Smith talked about.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 12:07 PM)
Brandon Paul wins Mr. Basketball of Illinois.

I think Richmond might have been the better player this year, but Paul was fantastic as well and this isn't a surprising development considering Paul is a senior and Richmond a junior. Jereme will get the award next year assuming good health.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Apr 3, 2009 -> 12:31 PM)
Roy Williams has silently been recruiting John Wall for the last few weeks, and placed a call to him from the Final Four yesterday. Things are going to get REAL interesting. :headbang

I dont think coaches can contact players right now, its a silent period.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Apr 3, 2009 -> 12:31 PM)
Roy Williams has silently been recruiting John Wall for the last few weeks, and placed a call to him from the Final Four yesterday. Things are going to get REAL interesting. :headbang

I believe thats a violation.

Cool All Star game with Chicagoland prep players at Niles North tonight. I know the guy that runs it and he does a great job. Made it big in just 3 years.

www.chicagohighschoolclassic.com

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Apr 3, 2009 -> 03:04 PM)
Exactly what I said, Wall is going to Duke or UK.

I am sure Roy is freaking out after watching the doublemint twins totally suck in the MCD's game.

David and Travis Wear combined for 6 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists, and a steal.

I can't seem to find Thomas Robinson and or Elijah Johnson's stats anywhere :whip