Official Recruiting Thread II

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Apr 3, 2009 -> 05:15 PM)
David and Travis Wear combined for 6 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists, and a steal.

I can't seem to find Thomas Robinson and or Elijah Johnson's stats anywhere :whip

Thats a great stat line for one player, not two. It is a known fact that most experts lauged at these two being picked for the game. If they did not attend UNC or Duke, they would not have sniffed the game. Robinson and Johnson are both higher ranked than the doublemint twins.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Apr 3, 2009 -> 03:04 PM)
Exactly what I said, Wall is going to Duke or UK.

I am sure Roy is freaking out after watching the doublemint twins totally suck in the MCD's game.

The Wear twins are not expected to be impact freshman. Never were, Roy is fine with their performance, far from freaking out. They fit the mold of Deon Thompson & Alex Stephenson (different games/build) as semi projects. Solid big guys with upside, that the Carolina staff will work with and hope by their jr. & sr. years they are big time contributors. Henson, Strickland, and to a lesser degree McDonald are expected to be the "step in" guys like Ellington and Lawson were. With Thompson, Zeller, Davis, & Henson up front how in the world would the Wear twins all star game "freak out" the coach who has taken the ultimate crown in 2 of the last 5 years.

The Wall contact has started. With Wall being the ultra explosive point guard that has flourished under Roy at UNC with Felton & Lawson leading the Heels to rings. Wall is interesting, but I kinda hope he gose elsewhere for his one and done year. Not Duke though.

Hey Juice, what do you think of UConn's class coming in this year? On paper it looks good (plus factor in Majok) but I'm interested in your opinion since you seem to know more about NCAAB recruits. Oriakhi is highly touted at center but he's awfully small for that position. And i fear Coombs-McDaniel is just another Stanley Robinson (and not the good one that appeared in his last 4-5 games). Also really hoping you tell me that one of those guards coming in can shoot the ball! Thanks

QUOTE (JuiceCruz16 @ Apr 14, 2009 -> 11:38 AM)
The Wear twins are not expected to be impact freshman. Never were, Roy is fine with their performance, far from freaking out. They fit the mold of Deon Thompson & Alex Stephenson (different games/build) as semi projects. Solid big guys with upside, that the Carolina staff will work with and hope by their jr. & sr. years they are big time contributors. Henson, Strickland, and to a lesser degree McDonald are expected to be the "step in" guys like Ellington and Lawson were. With Thompson, Zeller, Davis, & Henson up front how in the world would the Wear twins all star game "freak out" the coach who has taken the ultimate crown in 2 of the last 5 years.

The Wall contact has started. With Wall being the ultra explosive point guard that has flourished under Roy at UNC with Felton & Lawson leading the Heels to rings. Wall is interesting, but I kinda hope he gose elsewhere for his one and done year. Not Duke though.

Chad Ford: He was awesome and he'll compete with Ed Davis and a few other freshmen for that. However, there is some buzz that Wall believes he might be eligible for THIS year's draft. I've been doing some digging and will be filing a story later today. The short rub is this: Wall is a 5th year senior and depending on how you read the collective bargaining agreement, 5th year seniors are eligible for the draft as long as the turn 19 in the calander year (Wall does). The league is taking a wait and see approach. If he declares, they'll research and make a ruling. If he does declare and is ruled eligible (two big ifs) he's a Top 5 pick in this draft. Maybe Top 3.

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Apr 14, 2009 -> 03:58 PM)
Chad Ford: He was awesome and he'll compete with Ed Davis and a few other freshmen for that. However, there is some buzz that Wall believes he might be eligible for THIS year's draft. I've been doing some digging and will be filing a story later today. The short rub is this: Wall is a 5th year senior and depending on how you read the collective bargaining agreement, 5th year seniors are eligible for the draft as long as the turn 19 in the calander year (Wall does). The league is taking a wait and see approach. If he declares, they'll research and make a ruling. If he does declare and is ruled eligible (two big ifs) he's a Top 5 pick in this draft. Maybe Top 3.

It's a case that Wall isn't going to win. Also in the rules it stipulates that you must be a year out of your high school graduation. Wall still won't graduate from high school until he completes this semester.

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 09:29 PM)
Duke PG Greg Paulus visited Michigan to explore the possibility of transferring and playing football, where he would have one year of eligibility.

Not sure what to make of that but it is interesting nonetheless.

How could I pull for this kid when I hated him at Duke. The video I saw of him in high school was impressive. No clue that he almost went to Notre Dame. Would probably be better than Threet and more experienced than Forcier.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 09:00 PM)
How could I pull for this kid when I hated him at Duke. The video I saw of him in high school was impressive. No clue that he almost went to Notre Dame. Would probably be better than Threet and more experienced than Forcier.

Sounds as if you won't have to worry. It looks as if Michigan has pulled back (he was never actually offered). It now looks like Jason Forcier, Tate's older brother who started at Michigan before transferring to Stanford may be able to play one more season and be Tate's backup. Jason graduated from Stanford and they do not have his grad program. He has only played 4 years including his transfer year, so if the NCAA allows, he can play his final year of eligibility at UM. It is a reviewable situation by the NCAA, but apparently Stanford has signed off on it. Not a sure bet by any means though.

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Apr 22, 2009 -> 11:42 AM)
Look like Xavier Henry to KU!

Great get if it is a done deal. Where did you get the info? Some reports I heard said he was leaning toward sticking with Memphis.

Ah, I see the Jayhawkslant.com article now. It seems that he has given Self the word. The announcement Thursday, seems to be a forgone conclusion according to this.

Edited by JuiceCruz16

QUOTE (JuiceCruz16 @ Apr 22, 2009 -> 11:47 AM)
Great get if it is a done deal. Where did you get the info? Some reports I heard said he was leaning toward sticking with Memphis.

Ah, I see the Jayhawkslant.com article now. It seems that he has given Self the word. The announcement Thursday, seems to be a forgone conclusion according to this.

We are gonna be um....amazing next year.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Apr 22, 2009 -> 01:00 PM)
With Lawson signing with Bill Duffy and John Wall likely committing to Duke. It will be up to you to defeat the dark-side next year.

We will take that challenge and run with it!

A starting lineup will look like this:

Collins

Taylor

Henry

Morris

Aldrich

Bench

Elijah Johson

Morris

Withey

Thomas Robinson

Reed

Morningstar

Little

Henry

Releford

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Apr 22, 2009 -> 01:00 PM)
With Lawson signing with Bill Duffy and John Wall likely committing to Duke. It will be up to you to defeat the dark-side next year.

Wall is far from a Dookie just yet. Coach Cal among others have a great chance at him. I hope he stays far away from the Blue Devils!!!!

2009 ACC/Big 10 Challenge is set

cnnsi link

EAST LANSING, Mich. (AP) -- Ready for the rematch?

Michigan State will travel to North Carolina for the ACC/Big Ten Challenge. The matchups for the 11th annual men's basketball event were announced Wednesday.

The two teams in the NCAA title game will meet again Dec. 1. North Carolina defeated Michigan State 89-72 in the NCAA championship earlier this month.

Michigan will host Boston College on Dec. 2 as part of the event.

Other matchups are Penn State at Virginia, Maryland at Indiana, Northwestern at North Carolina State, Virginia Tech at Iowa, Wake Forest at Purdue, Duke at Wisconsin, Florida State at Ohio State, Illinois at Clemson and Minnesota at Miami.

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Apr 22, 2009 -> 01:53 PM)
We will take that challenge and run with it!

A starting lineup will look like this:

Collins

Taylor

Henry

Morris

Aldrich

Bench

Elijah Johson

Morris

Withey

Thomas Robinson

Reed

Morningstar

Little

Henry

Releford

Have you and the rest of the Jayhawk crew submitted your thank you notes to Calipari?

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (JuiceCruz16 @ Apr 23, 2009 -> 09:20 AM)
Jeremy Tyler out of San Diego will forgo his senior year in HIGH SCHOOL to play pro ball in Europe. He says he will earn his diploma on line, but intends on getting paid while he does that.

Wow. He'll still have to wait until the '11 draft though, so he'll have to spend 2 years over there until he could play in the NBA

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 23, 2009 -> 01:07 AM)
Have you and the rest of the Jayhawk crew submitted your thank you notes to Calipari?

I would never sene anything but a pig's heart to that weasel. I think he will have fun with the UK nation as they lost on Henry, Dennis and maybe Wall.

Wake Forest gets a very nice athletic 4 star wing for the 2010 class in Travis McKie. Carolina liked him a lot, but did not offer so Wake gets a good one.

Indiana got a commit from a unranked kid David Williams? from out of Florida who I really haven't heard about, but he is suppose to be an under the radar type guy. Athletic long 6'6/6'7 wing player.

Terrell Vinson who shunned the big schools to commit with Loyola Marymont, but then got out of his verbal has committed to UMASS.

Edited by JuiceCruz16