Official Recruiting Thread II

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 19, 2009 -> 11:39 AM)
Awesome, he stayed away from Duke

I agree with that! Coach K. has consistently missed on his top targets lately and it shows with their talent on their roster. Boyton & now Wall continues this trend of missing big timers they target. Wall basically said it came down to Kentucky and Miami in the end. Duke wasn't even his second choice.

Edited by JuiceCruz16

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 06:33 PM)
f***, I thought Iowa was going to snag him. Would have been a better fit given how Iowa uses its TE's.

Apparently Zook is going to focus even more on the running game and getting the TE's involved. I don't know how smart that is considering the Illini by far have the best receiving core in the Big Ten, but Schultz, I think who is their new offensive coordinator doesn't want Juice throwing 25 times a game. Honestly though, when you have an Aurelius Benn, you use him. Then they also have Jarred Fayson who transferred from FLA and is eligible who should be an awesome #2, they have Cumberland and now this TE. They could go 4 wide, have completely legit options, but yet they still want to run the ball even more.

• 2 weeks later...

Matt Milton from Mascoutah (Ill) High School committed to the Vols today. Anyone know much about him? I know he's a big receiver (6'6''), but not much other than that. I'm a big time follower of recruiting, but after dropping my Rivals membership and the fact that I didn't know UT was after this kid until a few days ago, I just don't know much.

Kyle Prater (Proviso West) the #1 ranked WR for the 2010 class will be playing against my high school this september. Im pumped to see him play because he has an offer from pretty much every big time program including Tenn, USC, Illinois, Oklahoma.

Also Chandler Whitmer (Downers Grove South) will be playing against my school the next week. Whitmer will be attending the University of Illinois in 2010.

It will be fun to watch these 2 kids.

Weird blurb I saw on Rivals/an NU blog: Northwestern supposedly has/had visits from 6 of Rivals top-40 basketball recruits from the 2011 class. Considering I think the only one they've signed since I started following the team over ten years ago is the Michael Thompson transfer, I thought that was pretty interesting/strange. :unsure:

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 07:28 PM)
Dominique Ferguson to FIU to play for Isaiah Thomas. What a great way to ruin a career.

It was his only move after his reputation was reaching the likes of Born Ready's. Cal didn't even want to touch him. I liked the part where he credited Isiah Thomas for developing players in the NBA. Uh, what?

I never could figure out what the deal was with him. It was reported that IU was hot on him right after he decommitted from Kentucky. But lately, it came to light that he was never actually offered by IU, or at least by the new coaching staff. As good a player as he is supposed to be, what's the deal with him and his options all falling by the wayside?

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 02:25 PM)
Weird blurb I saw on Rivals/an NU blog: Northwestern supposedly has/had visits from 6 of Rivals top-40 basketball recruits from the 2011 class. Considering I think the only one they've signed since I started following the team over ten years ago is the Michael Thompson transfer, I thought that was pretty interesting/strange. :unsure:

And I don't remember Michael even doing anything whatsoever.