Official Recruiting Thread II

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 05:56 PM)
And I don't remember Michael even doing anything whatsoever.

Yeah, he sucked pretty hard. Good size and decent athleticism, but no skills whatsoever. I'm not really sure how he got a scholarship from Duke first, but whatever.

Still intrigued, I'm not used to caring about Northwestern recruiting.

QUOTE (SockMe @ Aug 8, 2009 -> 01:07 PM)
Ferguson better hope that FIU gets a couple more REALLY GOOD recruits or he will pretty much be wasting that his talent

FIU should just fire Isiah right now if they want a basketball program in 2 years. FIU sucks so the NCAA would have no problems just dropping the hammer on their basketball program.

QUOTE (SockMe @ Aug 8, 2009 -> 01:07 PM)
Ferguson better hope that FIU gets a couple more REALLY GOOD recruits or he will pretty much be wasting that his talent

Outside of WKU the Sun Belt is crap. They are returning their 2-5 top scorers (3 of whom were underclassmen) in addition to Ferguson and have a a nice PG coming in too. Plus they have a very highly touted center coming in 2011. They could easily compete for a spot in the tourney in the next few years.

• 2 weeks later...

The #2 player in the rivals rankings, WR Kyle Prater, picked USC over among others, Illinois today. It probably doesn't mean much more than USC is currently the leader since verbal commitments are irrelevant nowadays, but it's going to be hard to beat out USC for a football player which they are the stated leader for. The Illini already lost a highly rated in state receiving recruit to Tennessee, so this doesn't help. The Illini are pretty loaded at WR right now, which might actually be hurting them on the trail.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 2, 2009 -> 04:24 PM)
The #2 player in the rivals rankings, WR Kyle Prater, picked USC over among others, Illinois today. It probably doesn't mean much more than USC is currently the leader since verbal commitments are irrelevant nowadays, but it's going to be hard to beat out USC for a football player which they are the stated leader for. The Illini already lost a highly rated in state receiving recruit to Tennessee, so this doesn't help. The Illini are pretty loaded at WR right now, which might actually be hurting them on the trail.

:headbang

QUOTE (farmteam @ Sep 2, 2009 -> 10:41 PM)
ATTN: Kyrie Irving. Come to IU. That is all.

They seem to be the leader for Irving. Duke is making a hard charge for him as well. IU and Duke are my only two teams I can't stand at all, so I hope he finds a third team to go play for. IU would be the lesser of two evils though since my Tarheels wouldn't have to see him at least twice a year.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Sep 8, 2009 -> 01:49 PM)
Rivals 4-star QB, Tyler Bray (#6 Pro-Style), committed to the Vols today. We desperately needed that. What a relief.

I wouldn't worry about recruiting much. It's pretty clear that if Lane Kiffin has problems at Tennessee, it won't be related to recruiting.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 8, 2009 -> 05:47 PM)
I wouldn't worry about recruiting much. It's pretty clear that if Lane Kiffin has problems at Tennessee, it won't be related to recruiting.

Oh yeah, our recruiting here is going to be amazing. Top 5/10 classes every year as long as this staff is around. But, we literally have no QB's for the future. We have 3 scholarship QB's right now, and 1 is a JUCO transfer that I don't think will ever amount to s***. He had no other D1 offers then UT came in late in the game essentially b/c we needed more than 2 QB's.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 16, 2009 -> 04:29 PM)
Saw Prater changes his commitment to USC to a soft verbal.

Prater's verbal is irrelevant, as most verbals are nowadays. His recruitment will go all the way down to signing day. A verbal is nothing more than a statement of who your current leader is nowadays.

• 3 weeks later...

The Harrison Barnes courtship is really getting to a fever pitch. Duke and Coach K. had the last scheduled in home visit, but then the Barnes family requested that Roy Williams come back that night for a second in home after Coach K. left after his afternoon visit. Speculation is running wild. It does seem that Duke and Carolina are the last two standing for Mr. Barnes at the moment and ole Roy has made up so much ground UNC may be looking good right now.

Edited by JuiceCruz16

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 06:17 PM)
Nnanna Egwu to Illinois. 4* C in the 2011 class and also happens to rock the old school goggles. I love it.

With so many juniors on the team (meaning lots of open scholarships for the 2011 class) combined with just how many good players (mainly in Illinois) that the Illini have a shot at, that could be a top 5 class nationally for them if Bruce and the staff are on their game. Get Beal and Blackshear somehow (although I think just getting one of them would do), and it could be even better than top 5.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 07:08 PM)
With so many juniors on the team (meaning lots of open scholarships for the 2011 class) combined with just how many good players (mainly in Illinois) that the Illini have a shot at, that could be a top 5 class nationally for them if Bruce and the staff are on their game. Get Beal and Blackshear somehow (although I think just getting one of them would do), and it could be even better than top 5.

Blackshear's not coming to Illinois unless something drastic changes.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 07:13 PM)
Blackshear's not coming to Illinois unless something drastic changes.

Yeah, that's not too bad though, there isn't room for everybody they are in on right now (even with all the schollies available) because they are in on so many good 2011 guys. Beal is the important guy IMO, although that won't be easy either obviously.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 07:18 PM)
Yeah, that's not too bad though, there isn't room for everybody they are in on right now (even with all the schollies available) because they are in on so many good 2011 guys. Beal is the important guy IMO, although that won't be easy either obviously.

Even a class of something like Abrams, Randle, Thompson/Langford (kid from Alabama who favors Illinois), Siakam/Shaw, and Egwu would be a great class.

Best case scenario (although unlikely) would look like this:

PG - Abrams

SG - Beal

SF - Thompson

PF - Shaw/Miller

C - Egwu