Official Recruiting Thread II

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 07:26 PM)
Even a class of something like Abrams, Randle, Thompson/Langford (kid from Alabama who favors Illinois), Siakam/Shaw, and Egwu would be a great class.

Best case scenario (although unlikely) would look like this:

PG - Abrams

SG - Beal

SF - Thompson

PF - Shaw/Miller

C - Egwu

Yeah to me Beal is the big guy. If you don't get him, it won't be a great class (since I can't see Miller coming to Illinois). But odds are it will be a very good class no matter what just because of the size of it and how many good guys they are legitimately in on.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 6, 2009 -> 09:52 AM)
Actually, as I think about it, another thing that might be hurting Illinois on the trail is the fact that there is a distinct possibility Ron Zook's job is in jeopardy right now.

It is why CJ is still going to do a visit at Wisconsin and Iowa. I'd love to get me the best TE in the country in some black and gold.

QUOTE (JuiceCruz16 @ Oct 6, 2009 -> 02:00 PM)
The Harrison Barnes courtship is really getting to a fever pitch. Duke and Coach K. had the last scheduled in home visit, but then the Barnes family requested that Roy Williams come back that night for a second in home after Coach K. left after his afternoon visit. Speculation is running wild. It does seem that Duke and Carolina are the last two standing for Mr. Barnes at the moment and ole Roy has made up so much ground UNC may be looking good right now.

Or, you know, the intown school is still an option.

Chasson Randle visiting Iowa State this weekend, any of you guys have any comment on him?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 12, 2009 -> 04:01 PM)
It is why CJ is still going to do a visit at Wisconsin and Iowa. I'd love to get me the best TE in the country in some black and gold.

He is awesome but not the best TE in the country. USC has the best TE in the country going there.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Oct 12, 2009 -> 04:04 PM)
Or, you know, the intown school is still an option.

Chasson Randle visiting Iowa State this weekend, any of you guys have any comment on him?

He is a very solid player. No real weaknesses in his game and I think he will be a solid 4 year contributor in college. Probably a guy who scores between 8 and 12 pts his whole career in college depending on PT (which he would get early at ISU). I feel like he is a high floor low ceiling guy if that makes sense. I can't see him being a star but I don't see anyway he busts. He is a solid athlete, probably needs to try to be more of a PG but his handles are fine for a 2G, shoots it pretty well. I know that one of ISU's assistants has a connection to Randle.

Although I dunno if they really will be a package deal, I definitely can't see Shaw or Blackshear staying local...

And I'm definitely jealous of the players illinois is getting.

Can't wait for hoops season. I'll be out to see Shaw and one of the '13 studs, Alex Foster, at De La Salle at least a couple of times. Although he transferred, I really like Dre Henley's game...

-_-

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Oct 13, 2009 -> 01:42 AM)
Although I dunno if they really will be a package deal, I definitely can't see Shaw or Blackshear staying local...

Can't wait for hoops season. I'll be out to see Shaw and one of the '13 studs, Alex Foster, at De La Salle at least a couple of times. Although he transferred, I really like Dre Henley's game...

-_-

I think there is a pretty good chance Shaw goes to Illinois if he doesn't follow Blackshear. Big if as to whether that will happen though.

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Oct 13, 2009 -> 01:42 AM)

-_-

You guys could get some 2nd or even 3rd tier Illinois HS guys in 2011 and still have a good recruiting class. That class is so loaded.

Kyrie Irving will announce tomorrow, but so called leaked information has it That Chris Collins has announced for him that he is indeed a Dookie. Collins has denied since Kyrie wants his moment to announce, but all signs point to Durham. Good get for Coach K, and the fans in Bloomington who were/are irate with Kyrie for backing off of the Hoosiers can rest a bit since he is at least with their boy Coach K.

I'm more interested in how this may affect Harrison Barnes.

Edited by JuiceCruz16

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Oct 23, 2009 -> 12:17 PM)
All the stuff I've heard has Barnes to Duke now.

I still think they are the favorite, but not as much as before. Barnes has been a longtime Duke lean, and they are still going to be tough to beat for him, but Roy has got into the picture bigtime and there is a decent chance now for UNC. Kansas still has a shot as well, but I agree he is still Duke's to lose at this point. He said he will commit in November, so I think he has pretty much made up his mind already.

+ commit in November, so I think he has already pretty much made his choice.

• 2 weeks later...

Nov. 12, is suppose to be the announcement date for Harrison Barnes. I still feel Duke is in the best position to gain his services, but some "insider guy" out of Memphis is reporting that Duke has been informed that he won't be going there. Kansas and UNC are top of the list at this late stage according to him. For whatever that is worth, LOL, not much I'm sure, but I'm interested in seeing who he picks in a couple of weeks.

Edited by JuiceCruz16

The HS Vander Blue went to (Madison Memorial I believe) has allegedly only sent 1 major recruit to UW. The majority of their players for whatever reason have gone to Marquette.

Vander Blue was supposed to be good, but for whatever reason he didnt feel like Wisconsin was the school for him anymore.

Apparently Illinois is making a strong push for Beal (#2 in 2011 according to Scout). Leonard (a 2010 Illinois commit) has been talking with him a lot over the last couple of weeks, and Weber and Co. are at his school watching him. That'd be a another huge get for the program.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 08:28 AM)
Insane recruitment of Barnes, now sources are saying that Duke is out, and it's between UNC and Kansas, with UNC in the clear lead.

I'll believe it when it's finally over next Friday.

Pft, Iowa State is still there...