Official Recruiting Thread II

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 07:31 PM)
Yeah, as much as UIC is still there too....

:lolhitting

Barnes still utilizes Iowa State's practice facility, works out with members of the team, plays with members of the team, has consulted with McDermott after visits, is the son of an ISU player, has a mom that works for Iowa State and has expressed extreme interest in the possibility of playing with Craig Brackins next year. He attended a number of ISU games last year and grew up an ISU fan. To say he won't come to ISU is fine, but he didn't put ISU in his final six as just a formality.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 08:35 PM)
Barnes still utilizes Iowa State's practice facility, works out with members of the team, plays with members of the team, has consulted with McDermott after visits, is the son of an ISU player, has a mom that works for Iowa State and has expressed extreme interest in the possibility of playing with Craig Brackins next year. He attended a number of ISU games last year and grew up an ISU fan. To say he won't come to ISU is fine, but he didn't put ISU in his final six as just a formality.

Yeah, he works out there because his parents work there. I'm sure some football players in the NFL grew up Raiders, Browns, and Lions fans but don't want to play there given the choice. Barnes is working out there because he has unlimited access to the facilities and he's from there. It would make sense for him to workout at the local university over flying to UNC or whatever school he chooses.

ISU never had a chance. He's leaving them in his top 6 out of respect for the school, but they were never realistic. Sorry to break it to you.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 03:44 PM)
Yeah, he works out there because his parents work there. I'm sure some football players in the NFL grew up Raiders, Browns, and Lions fans but don't want to play there given the choice. Barnes is working out there because he has unlimited access to the facilities and he's from there. It would make sense for him to workout at the local university over flying to UNC or whatever school he chooses.

ISU never had a chance. He's leaving them in his top 6 out of respect for the school, but they were never realistic. Sorry to break it to you.

At least get your story straight....his dad does not work for ISU and is not even in Ames. ISU offered him a few years ago. Knowing multiple people that have been friends with Harrison his entire life.......Iowa State is still in the picture.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 05:46 PM)
At least get your story straight....his dad does not work for ISU and is not even in Ames. ISU offered him a few years ago. Knowing multiple people that have been friends with Harrison his entire life.......Iowa State is still in the picture.

I was using parents in general, but fine, if you want it that way. He's not going to Ames even though his Dad played there(who's not in his life anymore) and his mom works there. I'll make you a sig bet that ISU doesn't end up with him.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 07:12 PM)
I was using parents in general, but fine, if you want it that way. He's not going to Ames even though his Dad played there(who's not in his life anymore) and his mom works there. I'll make you a sig bet that ISU doesn't end up with him.

I'm not saying he ends up at ISU. But I am saying they have been and still are a serious contender for his services. He seemed to be enjoying himself at tonight's game.

Big week for Tennessee basketball. We're still in it for a few top players that should be signing LOI's this week. I doubt we get any of them b/c I just don't have faith in UT basketball recruiting (especially after Selby and Craft de-committed).

Football recruiting is great, though. 6th in nation, 3rd in SEC according to Rivals. Picked up a commitment from the top ranked OL in Georgia (4-star) yesterday.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Nov 12, 2009 -> 01:26 AM)
It's turning into a circus, as Harrison Barnes wore an Iowa State sweatshirt around school today.

Brad Sturdy, the Illini recruiting guru, is hearing Barnes to Iowa State. Don't get caught up in the attire to school though, as we all know of Livingston wearing an Illinois jersey the day he announced.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 12, 2009 -> 08:36 PM)
Brad Sturdy, the Illini recruiting guru, is hearing Barnes to Iowa State. Don't get caught up in the attire to school though, as we all know of Livingston wearing an Illinois jersey the day he announced.

He is usually really informed but he has also said he doesn't really have a great inside source in this case FWIW. Doesn't mean the info is wrong just that it isn't as reliable as the inside info he usually gives.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 11, 2009 -> 10:15 AM)
Big signing day for Illinois. Can't wait to get Richmond, Leonard and Head on campus. Lots and lots of talent coming to Champaign.

Definitely. Congrats to Weber, way to haul in the big recruits in and hold on to them come signing day, b-ball future is looking promising. Hopefully now we can end all the "Weber can't recruit" talk and get back to the "Zook can't coach" talk.