Official Recruiting Thread II

Hope it's wrong, but I'm hearing that Kansas and UCLA have been notified by Barnes that he is not going to Lawrence or LA, and some AM radio station in LA has leaked that he said he is a headed to DUKE. Who knows, but I do think he has been Dukes to lose for awhile.

An official welcome to the Carolina family to Mr. Reggie Bullock yesterday and Mr. Kendall Marshall today, though.

Edited by JuiceCruz16

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JuiceCruz16 @ Nov 13, 2009 -> 10:49 AM)
Hope it's wrong but I'm hearing that Kansas and UCLA have been notified by Barnes that he is not going to Lawrence or LA, and some am radio station in LA has leaked that he said he is a headed to DUKE. Who knows, but I do think he has been Dukes to lose for awhile.

An official welcome to the Carolina family to Mr. Reggie Bullock yesterday and Mr. Kendall Marshall today, though.

If the leak is true, Duke is going to be ridiculous next year. They finally got a PG in Irving, Curry is coming in, plus Barnes? Damn.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Nov 13, 2009 -> 10:19 AM)
So, basically, no one has any clue where he's going, with people absolutely sure he's a Blue Devil, a Tar Heel, and a Cyclone.

Absolutely nobody knows, and I have never seen a recruitment like this. Barnes and his family have been the ultimate professionals in the recruiting game.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Nov 13, 2009 -> 10:19 AM)
So, basically, no one has any clue where he's going, with people absolutely sure he's a Blue Devil, a Tar Heel, and a Cyclone.

It does seem like Bill Self knows he is not headed to Kansas, though. He made some quotes in the paper about how he would watch the announcement if he thought he had a chance. Sounds like Harrision did give him the thanks but no thanks call.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Nov 13, 2009 -> 09:53 AM)
If the leak is true, Duke is going to be ridiculous next year. They finally got a PG in Irving, Curry is coming in, plus Barnes? Damn.

IMO they still have no big man. They'll rely on the threes and some transition baskets, but when it gets down to a half court game they're going to get crushed on the inside...as they always do.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 13, 2009 -> 03:03 PM)
and?! Who'd he pick?

It's coming up on ESPNU.

ESPN not even listing Iowa State as an option. Not sure if that is their big program biased or they know something.

Yeah, it came out last week Williams wouldn't be signing with IU. I wasn't too worried about it, nor that surprised. The whole thing was kind of odd -- it was absolutely out of nowhere when he committed, and then I barely heard anything about him for a few months, then I heard he had decommitted.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 03:13 PM)
Yeah, it came out last week Williams wouldn't be signing with IU. I wasn't too worried about it, nor that surprised. The whole thing was kind of odd -- it was absolutely out of nowhere when he committed, and then I barely heard anything about him for a few months, then I heard he had decommitted.

Yep, the Sheehey kid seems like a stretch as well, solid role player who can shoot it fairly well. Not a very big get for IU, but he does have a bit of upside I guess.

QUOTE (JuiceCruz16 @ Nov 19, 2009 -> 12:03 PM)
Tobias Harris to annoumce today. Down to final 7, and he claims to have made his final decision last night. My guess is he is going to choose Syracuse, but this is just a total guess on my part.

I think you're probably right, unfortunately. Though I'm still holding out hope b/c Tobias was at the Tennessee game last night. Bought his own ticket and sat in the upper deck so he could try to watch the game as a normal person and just enjoy the atmosphere without people being all over him.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Nov 19, 2009 -> 02:04 PM)
I think you're probably right, unfortunately. Though I'm still holding out hope b/c Tobias was at the Tennessee game last night. Bought his own ticket and sat in the upper deck so he could try to watch the game as a normal person and just enjoy the atmosphere without people being all over him.

Is his image in a Tennesee uniform still painted on that rock, or was that just for his visit?

QUOTE (JuiceCruz16 @ Nov 19, 2009 -> 03:32 PM)
Is his image in a Tennesee uniform still painted on that rock, or was that just for his visit?

That was just for his visit, but it was pretty awesome.

And Harris says he signed with the Vols! Great get for a program like ours! http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2009/nov/19...as-signed-vols/

Oh, and here's a link to that picture of the Rock that Juice was referring to... http://www.volnation.com/forum/attachment....mp;d=1255107767

Edited by dasox24