Official Recruiting Thread II

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Nov 19, 2009 -> 05:46 PM)
That was just for his visit, but it was pretty awesome.

And Harris says he signed with the Vols! Great get for a program like ours! http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2009/nov/19...as-signed-vols/

Oh, and here's a link to that picture of the Rock that Juice was referring to... http://www.volnation.com/forum/attachment....mp;d=1255107767

Great get for your Vols! Big time athlete should fit in great with the uptempo game Pearl plays.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Nov 19, 2009 -> 06:46 PM)
That was just for his visit, but it was pretty awesome.

And Harris says he signed with the Vols! Great get for a program like ours! http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2009/nov/19...as-signed-vols/

Oh, and here's a link to that picture of the Rock that Juice was referring to... http://www.volnation.com/forum/attachment....mp;d=1255107767

Good. Keeps him out of the Big East.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Nov 27, 2009 -> 11:26 AM)
Ferentz doesn't do near as good of a job with heralded OL recruits as he does with unheralded.

Iowa will still have a few olineman drafted if they decide to enter. Of course we only have like 2 seniors starting this year, which should mean there is a shot Kirk will have another real good season to help build his recruiting and hopefully have the program set that it can constantly be a top 15 program!!!

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 27, 2009 -> 04:41 PM)
Iowa will still have a few olineman drafted if they decide to enter. Of course we only have like 2 seniors starting this year, which should mean there is a shot Kirk will have another real good season to help build his recruiting and hopefully have the program set that it can constantly be a top 15 program!!!

If he's not at Notre Dame... :P

Saw Ben Brust tonight. Holy crap, he is good. Dropped 31 just two days after scoring 53. Two big dunks and has great hands on defense. His shot selection has really improved over the past few years as well.

Iowa may of gotten a steal.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 28, 2009 -> 06:52 AM)
Beal deciding between most likely Florida, Illinois and Kansas and will announce Monday. Based on my day today, I could use another kick in the nuts so I'm going to guess Florida.

All signs point to Florida.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 30, 2009 -> 11:47 AM)
and its official, Florida it is

Duke's recruiting is spiraling down the toilet.

About a month ago all signs looked good for Duke adding Harrison Barnes, Beal, Rivers, and Irving.

Now they might just have to settle for Irving.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Nov 30, 2009 -> 12:00 PM)
Duke's recruiting is spiraling down the toilet.

About a month ago all signs looked good for Duke adding Harrison Barnes, Beal, Rivers, and Irving.

Now they might just have to settle for Irving.

Roscoe Smith should be making his decision any day now as well. Seems like UCONN, G'town, and Duke. He was Coach K's backup plan for Barnes, if they can salvage him they won't be too upset.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 27, 2009 -> 01:20 PM)
Oh, and Seantrel Henderson visited Iowa last week. Interesting to see if they can pull out a massive coup and get him. That would be HUGE, freaking huge.

#1 recruit in the country according to Rivals.

I'm hearing OSU or Florida.

I went to see Wayne Blackshear tonight at Chicago state. He's a special player. Like a man among boys, and makes it look easy. Put up 42, 18 boards, 5 blocks. Not much else to say about him that hasn't already, and I believe the hype that he's the best player in the state.

Boatright impressed me too. Speedy, great handles, quick moves (crossover, spin), plays hard.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Dec 10, 2009 -> 12:09 AM)
Joyner and Luc have both committed this week. I find it interesting that since Bobby retired we have gotten 6 commitments. Hopefully we can switch one who is currently committed to UF.

I was very surprised Luc committed to FSU. I had been hearing that he was all Vol - just waiting for his parents to visit Knoxville. And then, boom, commits to FSU. Maybe Gran leaving to go there had something to do with it. Oh well, as long as yall are keeping guys away from UF, fine by me.