Official Recruiting Thread II

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Dec 10, 2009 -> 12:09 AM)
Joyner and Luc have both committed this week. I find it interesting that since Bobby retired we have gotten 6 commitments. Hopefully we can switch one who is currently committed to UF.

Excellent news. We needed a big recruiting class this year and with the addition of those two it makes FSU the #9 ranked class in 2010. There's also been a few early commits in 2011 so hopefully the program can rebound in the coming years.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Dec 9, 2009 -> 11:09 PM)
Joyner and Luc have both committed this week. I find it interesting that since Bobby retired we have gotten 6 commitments. Hopefully we can switch one who is currently committed to UF.

Wow, really thought Joyner was going to be a Buckeye. He's going to be a good one.

Jonathan Brown, the LB who committed to Illinois today, goes to my old high school. I saw the kid play this year and he's a stud. There's a reason he was offered by more than a few good SEC schools (kentucky, arkansas, ole miss). He plays fast and is pretty athletic. LSU wanted him as a FB. He should be a good one. Good pickup for Illinois on the recruiting trail after not having much positive going for them the last few weeks.

Richmond struggling with his jump shot tonight. I wonder if his hand is bothering because it has been a while since I have seen him shoot that poorly from the perimeter. He definitely got outplayed by Barnes but the rest of Ames is just dramatically better than Richmond's supporting cast. More talented, bigger, and hey play much more intelligent basketball. I thought Richmond played good D on Barnes though, most of Barnes points were second chance points and in transition of really bad passes. Waukegan's guards drive me nuts and I think they are really poorly coached as a team. They really don't run any sort of offense.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 09:14 PM)
Richmond struggling with his jump shot tonight. I wonder if his hand is bothering because it has been a while since I have seen him shoot that poorly from the perimeter. He definitely got outplayed by Barnes but the rest of Ames is just dramatically better than Richmond's supporting cast. More talented, bigger, and hey play much more intelligent basketball. I thought Richmond played good D on Barnes though, most of Barnes points were second chance points and in transition of really bad passes. Waukegan's guards drive me nuts and I think they are really poorly coached as a team. They really don't run any sort of offense.

Waukegan's assistant coach should be their head coach. He is the reason they were so good last year. Without him this year, they would be awful.

His name is Tim Bowen, he has a track record up in Lake County before being abruptly fired by Grayslake Central over personal problems with a school board member. He should be back to a head coach next year somewhere.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Dec 31, 2009 -> 02:19 PM)
Bang! With the assist to urban.

If I'm a big recruit there isn't a chance in hell I'm going to play for Florida right now. Urban will try to tell you he will be back but can you really believe him? He already lied to his family and the world by saying he was resigning and now he saying he will probably be back in August. I'm not believing that and I'm not committing to a school if I don't know who my head coach will be. I think we see a lot more recruits bail in the next few weeks.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jan 2, 2010 -> 11:23 PM)
***RB Shontrelle Johnson commits to ISU over Georgia Tech. He was committed to Northwestern for a short while.

And now Florida has offered Johnson. Hold on tight, ISU, hold on tight.

Arrelious Benn's older brother Trulon Henry committed to Illinois to play football. The only reason this is a story is cause as a teenager he robbed a grocery store with a gun, was convicted of armed robbery and served five years in prison. Now he's 25, played two years at College of DuPage, got his associates degree, and now has a scholarship to Illinois. Its questionable whether a convicted felon should get a schollie from a public state university, but thats for the Filibuster. I thought playing with his brother might be the one reason that Benn would stay another year, but obviously that didnt happen.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 6, 2010 -> 04:55 PM)
Arrelious Benn's older brother Trulon Henry committed to Illinois to play football. The only reason this is a story is cause as a teenager he robbed a grocery store with a gun, was convicted of armed robbery and served five years in prison. Now he's 25, played two years at College of DuPage, got his associates degree, and now has a scholarship to Illinois. Its questionable whether a convicted felon should get a schollie from a public state university, but thats for the Filibuster. I thought playing with his brother might be the one reason that Benn would stay another year, but obviously that didnt happen.

Yeah, its strange that in a time where U of I is having to open up their books regarding preferential treatment that they would allow a convicted felon to attend for free. Maybe he was truly rehabilitated.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 6, 2010 -> 04:56 PM)
Yeah, its strange that in a time where U of I is having to open up their books regarding preferential treatment that they would allow a convicted felon to attend for free. Maybe he was truly rehabilitated.

Could've happened. Anyway, can he play?

Also Matt Elam seems to be flip flopping. He committed to Florida, committed to FSU, and rumor has it, he will decommit from FSU to commit back to Florida even though he's denying it at this time.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jan 6, 2010 -> 08:29 PM)
Also Matt Elam seems to be flip flopping. He committed to Florida, committed to FSU, and rumor has it, he will decommit from FSU to commit back to Florida even though he's denying it at this time.

Sure looks like he's gonna recommit to Florida, which sucks. If Tennessee couldn't nab him, I sure as heck didn't want Florida to get him.

But Brandon Willis is doing the same thing with Tennessee. He decommitted last week after being committed since Sept. and it now looks like he very well might recommit to UT at the Army All-American game.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jan 6, 2010 -> 07:29 PM)
Could've happened. Anyway, can he play?

A ** JUCO recruit usually isnt too good, and I have no idea how good of football they play at COD. Supossedly a few other BCS programs like Oregon St. & Indiana showed interest, and if he is anywhere near as athletic as his brother, he'll have a chance to compete. Guess we'll find out, but I think it was probably more of a favor for his brother. If he can stay with it and get a degree from U of I, then good for him

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jan 6, 2010 -> 09:48 PM)
Sure looks like he's gonna recommit to Florida, which sucks. If Tennessee couldn't nab him, I sure as heck didn't want Florida to get him.

But Brandon Willis is doing the same thing with Tennessee. He decommitted last week after being committed since Sept. and it now looks like he very well might recommit to UT at the Army All-American game.

He seemed like a Tennessee player to me. I was hoping he would end up there. Hopefully they at least nab Willis.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Jan 6, 2010 -> 09:54 PM)
Urban Meyer at his best. I hope Elam goes there and Meyer is gone within the year. In the end this feels like one big staged thing.

As do I.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 7, 2010 -> 08:13 AM)
A ** JUCO recruit usually isnt too good, and I have no idea how good of football they play at COD. Supossedly a few other BCS programs like Oregon St. & Indiana showed interest, and if he is anywhere near as athletic as his brother, he'll have a chance to compete. Guess we'll find out, but I think it was probably more of a favor for his brother. If he can stay with it and get a degree from U of I, then good for him

If he gets a degree, that would be the best case scenario from what it seems. It'll be a big turn around for him.