Official Recruiting Thread II

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jan 8, 2010 -> 08:30 PM)
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/recr...0,1923736.story

It's a good day when a Florida native says, no, I won't take the offer from Florida, I'm going to ISU.

I read in The Orlando Sentinel the other day that he's hoping FSU offers him to play RB.

Things keep getting more interesting for DeLand running back Shontrelle Johnson, who was offered a scholarship by the University of Florida on Tuesday.

"I'm gonna check it out. It kinda shocked me but I don't really know since it came so late in the season," Johnson said. "You gotta check it out, it's Florida, they got national championships and all that .. but there are positives and negatives."

Last summer, Johnson had committed to Northwestern only to decommit in November after a breakout senior year that saw him rush for nearly 2,000 yards. On Saturday, Johnson committed to Iowa State but said it was a very soft commitment and if Florida State came up with an offer, he would take it.

But in steps the Gators. That's how the ball bounces in the recruiting world as teams try to one-up each other.

When Johnson was reached by cell phone, he was at a school ceremony and unable to hear clearly.

More to come.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/recr...0,3335727.story

UCONN got a verbal yesterday from Roscoe Smith, 5 star recruit said to be the best shooter in the 10-11 class. This is the kind of player UCONN has desperately needed ever since Rashad Anderson left. Also, since Smith gave a verbal, Josh Selby who initially turned down UCONN has scheduled an official visit for Feb. If we could land another elite recuit UCONN could end up with a very, very nice class

I'm kinda surprised Brandon Willis recommitted to UT. Sure sounded like UNC would be it earlier today. Definitely excited about that. Plus, Ahmad Dixon committed before the game. Nice day for recruiting.

Sorry about Floyd, Rock. I really didn't want him going to Florida.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jan 9, 2010 -> 02:50 PM)
I'm kinda surprised Brandon Willis recommitted to UT. Sure sounded like UNC would be it earlier today. Definitely excited about that. Plus, Ahmad Dixon committed before the game. Nice day for recruiting.

You are now the third team that Dixon has committed to. He's one to watch until signing day.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jan 9, 2010 -> 03:57 PM)
You are now the third team that Dixon has committed to. He's one to watch until signing day.

Yeah, I know. Not sure he really knows the meaning of "commitment" but its better than having him commit to someone else.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jan 9, 2010 -> 02:50 PM)

Something is fishy about whats going on at Florida. Urban leaves, doesnt leave, somewhat leaves, calls players everyday telling them he's staying, Strong leaves, and players are still going there. I dont get it.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 10, 2010 -> 11:33 AM)
How many of these USC kids de-commit?

Kyle Prater just decommited two days before he was to begin classes at USC a couple others too I believe. Plus there is a bunch of guys who still have yet to commit that were leaning USC.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 10, 2010 -> 12:00 PM)
Kyle Prater just decommited two days before he was to begin classes at USC a couple others too I believe. Plus there is a bunch of guys who still have yet to commit that were leaning USC.

I would love to see him go to Illinois, but I have a feeling he is going to choose Tennessee. Also, Illinois is a finalist for a 4-star CB, but the name eludes me. As big a Illinois fan as I am, if I am Prater, why would you choose Illinois at this time? I think his best option would be Notre Dame actually (who I hate). Big stage, needs some help at WR, wide-open offense of Brian Kelly and top QBs coming in all the time.

Edited by maggsmaggs

Henderson will probably not be going to USC, which is great news for Iowa and Ohio State who both have chances of getting him.

Evidently Ferentz will be meeting with him in the next week. Would be a great pick-up that would make a ton of sense.

Close to home for Henderson and a great place to develop as an olineman and ultimately get drafted (see # of recent Ferentz grads on the oline that are starting around the league).

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jan 11, 2010 -> 10:26 AM)
I would love to see him go to Illinois, but I have a feeling he is going to choose Tennessee. Also, Illinois is a finalist for a 4-star CB, but the name eludes me. As big a Illinois fan as I am, if I am Prater, why would you choose Illinois at this time? I think his best option would be Notre Dame actually (who I hate). Big stage, needs some help at WR, wide-open offense of Brian Kelly and top QBs coming in all the time.

He's gonna choose ND.

I just hope this lands us Henderson. Its OSU, USC or Fla and only one of those schools kept their head coach.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 11, 2010 -> 01:15 PM)
He's gonna choose ND.

I just hope this lands us Henderson. Its OSU, USC or Fla and only one of those schools kept their head coach.

Iowa continues to quietly is hiding behind the scenes, although they were always behind his big three. I think OSU has to be the huge huge favorites.

And from what I heard, USC is going to be hit with HUGE HUGE sanctions.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 11, 2010 -> 04:25 PM)
Iowa continues to quietly is hiding behind the scenes, although they were always behind his big three. I think OSU has to be the huge huge favorites.

And from what I heard, USC is going to be hit with HUGE HUGE sanctions.

OSU has had a pretty bad recruiting year and I think this will make it worse when he chooses Florida.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jan 11, 2010 -> 11:26 AM)

As a Tennessee fan, I would be ecstatic to get Prater. He's visiting Knoxville this weekend. But I just don't see us getting him in the end. He apparently really wants to enroll early so I think he'll end up at ND or Illinois since he probably knows those schools better than UT. One plus is that his dad supposedly really likes the staff at Tennessee.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jan 11, 2010 -> 06:37 PM)
As a Tennessee fan, I would be ecstatic to get Prater. He's visiting Knoxville this weekend. But I just don't see us getting him in the end. He apparently really wants to enroll early so I think he'll end up at ND or Illinois since he probably knows those schools better than UT. One plus is that his dad supposedly really likes the staff at Tennessee.

So much for Prater at Tennessee apparently with Kiffin gone. Might USC be back in the mix?