Official Recruiting Thread II

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 11, 2010 -> 05:16 PM)
When you see a coach like Carroll bolt pretty unexpectedly, its almost assured that something terrible is going to follow.

Or maybe Carroll got an offer pretty much no one would turn down?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 19, 2010 -> 05:39 PM)
Ferentz reportedly has an in-home visit with Seantrel Henderson today.

You really are hanging onto that thread of hope arent you? I think he's all USC or ND at this point. You and I need to forget he even exists.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 19, 2010 -> 03:40 PM)
You really are hanging onto that thread of hope arent you? I think he's all USC or ND at this point. You and I need to forget he even exists.

Of course I am. It isn't often that Iowa has a shot at the #1 recruit (by some peoples rankings) in the country. Evidently his dad is very very concerned with what is going on at USC so I don't think he's a lock there.

I think ND would be a good fit for him but I still say Iowa can provide him a lot and Ferentz is as good as it gets when it comes to the oline.

I also realize it isn't likely, but Ferentz can shine in front of parents and given what Kiffin has pulled I think Kirk could get his parents on board the Iowa experience, the question is whether Seantrel could get on board.

I think he'd be dumb to go anywhere but ND/Iowa/OSU. All three schools have coaches that should be there for a while (OSU/Iowa more likely) and are in the midwest (closer to his home so his parents can see him).

Tennessee picked up 3 new commitments today.

Derek Dooley is proving he sure can recruit. With only 2 weeks to work on kids, he's already picked up four 4-stars and two 3-stars. Not bad when all the other coaches have a year on you with these kids.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jan 29, 2010 -> 11:54 AM)
Texas just added two more 5 star commits today. :stick

They have quite possibly the greatest recruiting class in history now. Yipee.

Hicks was always going there. History for them? because USC's star rating avg and Floridas numbers are ridiculous

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 29, 2010 -> 06:08 PM)
The star rating is jaded anyways. Sure there are some are deserving but a lot of these kid's ratings are subscription based. Higher volume team sites tend to get higher ratings.

Well, the SEC schools pull in 35 recruits which tips their numbers as well, even though alot of them dont even qualify.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 29, 2010 -> 11:06 PM)
Well, the SEC schools pull in 35 recruits which tips their numbers as well, even though alot of them dont even qualify.

Yeah, Ole Miss had like 37 commits last year and that wasnt even the most in the country. (Troy had 40)

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 29, 2010 -> 11:06 PM)

There's a new rule this year in the SEC in which no team can sign more than 28 players in a class. This basically happened b/c of what Ole Miss did last year, so you won't be seeing numbers like that tip the scales so much anymore.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 3, 2010 -> 10:37 AM)
Looks like the BUcks arent getting anyone they need, James to ND, Moses to UVA and looks like Henderson to USC.

Looks like a really poor year recruiting for the Big 10 (well on paper from internet rankings anyways). Michigan and OSU both with down classes, and PSU with the only really good class.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 3, 2010 -> 10:51 AM)
Looks like a really poor year recruiting for the Big 10 (well on paper from internet rankings anyways). Michigan and OSU both with down classes, and PSU with the only really good class.

Numbers-wise they did terrible. Ohio State lost out on pretty much every top 25 guy they went after hard. PSU only picked up 20 guys.

Avg star wise they did ok. Ohio State didnt have many open spots and ended up 7th, with PSU 4th and UM 13.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jan 31, 2010 -> 10:55 AM)
There's a new rule this year in the SEC in which no team can sign more than 28 players in a class. This basically happened b/c of what Ole Miss did last year, so you won't be seeing numbers like that tip the scales so much anymore.

Sooooo. when does that take effect? LSU has 29, Auburn has 32, Bama 29 etc

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 3, 2010 -> 06:32 PM)
Sooooo. when does that take effect? LSU has 29, Auburn has 32, Bama 29 etc

Yeah, I was a little confused myself when I saw that. I'm not sure what the heck the deal is...