Official Recruiting Thread II

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 05:10 PM)
BOO, where is Lenzelle?

Team not good enough this year around him. If guys like Sullinger and other Buckeye players get the majority of the focus, Lenzelle will kill. The kid is seriously hard to box out out and he could clean up the glass for a kid only 6'3

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 07:05 PM)
Team not good enough this year around him. If guys like Sullinger and other Buckeye players get the majority of the focus, Lenzelle will kill. The kid is seriously hard to box out out and he could clean up the glass for a kid only 6'3

Sully just pulled down co-MVP of the McD's game and should team up with Thomas, Lighty, Buford and Diebler to keep some of the pressure off Lenzelle. The word is Lenzelle or Craft will be starting at PG.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 2, 2010 -> 08:18 AM)
Sully just pulled down co-MVP of the McD's game and should team up with Thomas, Lighty, Buford and Diebler to keep some of the pressure off Lenzelle. The word is Lenzelle or Craft will be starting at PG.

So are they going to stick with the small lineup then? That seems weird now that you have Sullinger and Thomas as well as Lauderdale up front. With Turner as one of the perimeter players it made sense, not as sure about that with Smith or Craft at the point.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Apr 2, 2010 -> 02:11 PM)
So are they going to stick with the small lineup then? That seems weird now that you have Sullinger and Thomas as well as Lauderdale up front. With Turner as one of the perimeter players it made sense, not as sure about that with Smith or Craft at the point.

Well, define small lineup. Lighty, Buford and Diebler are all 6'5" and up, Sully adds 6'9" into the rotation and Thomas fits in well with the wings. Not really that small of a lineup.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 2, 2010 -> 02:12 PM)
Well, define small lineup. Lighty, Buford and Diebler are all 6'5" and up, Sully adds 6'9" into the rotation and Thomas fits in well with the wings. Not really that small of a lineup.

Okay, I'll rephrase it as the "four perimeter player" lineup. 6'5" is fairly small as a power forward, though it's easier to get away with when your point guard is averaging 9 rebounds. Without Turner, I would think a lineup with Sullinger and either Thomas or Lauderdale makes a lot of sense, though if you don't think Buford, Diebler and/or Lighty can handle the ball-handling I understand it. They've got a lot more options with the improved depth, though at least to me it seems like talent-wise their best lineup is Buford/Diebler/Lighty/Thomas/Sullinger.

Yeah, I'm assuming Turner declares, that'd be a ridiculous team if he somehow doesn't.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Apr 2, 2010 -> 02:22 PM)
Okay, I'll rephrase it as the "four perimeter player" lineup. 6'5" is fairly small as a power forward, though it's easier to get away with when your point guard is averaging 9 rebounds. Without Turner, I would think a lineup with Sullinger and either Thomas or Lauderdale makes a lot of sense, though if you don't think Buford, Diebler and/or Lighty can handle the ball-handling I understand it. They've got a lot more options with the improved depth, though at least to me it seems like talent-wise their best lineup is Buford/Diebler/Lighty/Thomas/Sullinger.

Yeah, I'm assuming Turner declares, that'd be a ridiculous team if he somehow doesn't.

Turner just got AP player of the year...his stock will never be higher...he gawn.

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 3, 2010 -> 02:42 AM)
ND recruit dies in spring break accident

Kind of sad. Seventeen years old and 4 years of college and a possible NFL career ahead of him and something like this has to happen. I hope and pray that alcohol wasn't involved.

Same here very sad. But my first reaction when I heard he was on Spring Break was...Alcohol.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Apr 3, 2010 -> 10:12 AM)
Same here very sad. But my first reaction when I heard he was on Spring Break was...Alcohol.

I've been following this kid for years as the Bucks were heavy after him. What a shame.

I was two hotels down from there a week or two before this happened. It's definitely a tragedy, but quite frankly, I'm surprised this kind of thing doesn't happen more often down there. That place is absolutely insane during spring break.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 12:39 AM)
I was two hotels down from there a week or two before this happened. It's definitely a tragedy, but quite frankly, I'm surprised this kind of thing doesn't happen more often down there. That place is absolutely insane during spring break.

It does happen often but usually not "national" news.

PCB Police Officer Kevin Kight was murdered on Easter Sunday 2005. According to records I received from Bay County Sheriffs and PCB Police Dept. There have been over 50 deaths (murder, building falls/jumps, traffic, pedestrian, etc.) during the 6 weeks of "College Spring Break" since the records indicate back to the year 2000. There also have been nearly 50,000 assault and battery arrests, alcohol related crimes, rapes, and tens of millions in property damage. Undoubtedly there are an undetermined amount of "date rapes and drug induced rapes" that were never reported because of humility or shame to the victims. Some estimates are that only one in ten sexual assaults/rapes are reported.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 11:53 PM)
Damn, I just found out Kentucky landed Brandon Knight AND Michael Gilchirst. Knight was a given. But Gilchirst?

Gilchrist was always going anywhere that Calipari went. Gilchrist and Knight will magically be signed by Lebron's agency when they enter the draft as well. Calipari and Lebron have a nice recruiting relation$hip going.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 19, 2010 -> 08:05 AM)
Joesph and Leslie biggest names still left undecided, although reportedly Leslie is making his decision (Florida, NC State, UCONN) this week.

Sounds like Joseph is going to decide this week too. I like our recruiting so far, but we really need Joseph to help take our program to the next level.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 09:31 PM)
Also about the dumbest rumor ever considering he signed a LOI with Carolina.

The rumor was that he was considering asking Roy to let him out of it. It's not going to happen, obviously.