Official Recruiting Thread II

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Sep 3, 2010 -> 11:52 AM)
Blackmon is a flat out stud for his age. He won't arrive for a while, but Creans recruiting is really starting to pick up and it is sending a message to the rest of the state.

I'm old enough to remember his dad and his dad was one helluva HS player.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Sep 19, 2010 -> 03:16 PM)
sam thompson to ohio state

His athleticism is incredible but I have seen him play 10-15 times and I have never seen him have an impact on a game. Hell the only noticeable thing he did in the state semifinals this year was get dunked on by Richmond. But with his athleticism he has a chance to be special down the line.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 19, 2010 -> 03:20 PM)
His athleticism is incredible but I have seen him play 10-15 times and I have never seen him have an impact on a game. Hell the only noticeable thing he did in the state semifinals this year was get dunked on by Richmond. But with his athleticism he has a chance to be special down the line.

He will never make a difference at OSU. I've seen him play plenty of times and he rarely shows up against good teams.

Athleticism only gets you so far.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 19, 2010 -> 04:52 PM)
He will never make a difference at OSU. I've seen him play plenty of times and he rarely shows up against good teams.

Athleticism only gets you so far.

That was the book on Evan Turner out of HS as well. Turned out pretty good.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 20, 2010 -> 10:07 AM)
That was the book on Evan Turner out of HS as well. Turned out pretty good.

Evan Turner could score and score consistently. Thompson has games where he puts in 18, than the next game 5, 3, 7.

He maybe be a nice defender at best in college.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 20, 2010 -> 11:19 AM)
Evan Turner could score and score consistently. Thompson has games where he puts in 18, than the next game 5, 3, 7.

He maybe be a nice defender at best in college.

Turner was probably also a worse shooter and ballhandler. Defense is where Thompson is going to see some minutes anyway. I think Thad has locked up something like 7 wings on scholarship over the next 5 years.

The Vest is quietly hoarding top RB recruits year in and year out. Brionte Dunn just committed for the class of 2012, he will probably be yet another top 100 player at RB for JT joining Warren Ball who committed at the beginning of the month.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 28, 2010 -> 11:39 AM)
The Vest is quietly hoarding top RB recruits year in and year out. Brionte Dunn just committed for the class of 2012, he will probably be yet another top 100 player at RB for JT joining Warren Ball who committed at the beginning of the month.

2 4 stars and a 3 star in your last 3 classes? Tuberville has 2 4 stars and 2 3 stars in this class alone :-P, and the number one RB in the nation Jonathan Gray's dad went to Texas Tech :lol:.

Ohio State impresses me the most with your OL/DL recruiting, and I'm always surprised how much talent comes out of Ohio each year.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Sep 28, 2010 -> 11:48 AM)
2 4 stars and a 3 star in your last 3 classes? Tuberville has 2 4 stars and 2 3 stars in this class alone :-P, and the number one RB in the nation Jonathan Gray's dad went to Texas Tech :lol:.

Ohio State impresses me the most with your OL/DL recruiting, and I'm always surprised how much talent comes out of Ohio each year.

2 4 stars in 2012

No room in 2011

2 4 stars in 2010

1 4 and 1 3 star in 2009 ( the 3 star being Jordan Hall who has looked ridiculous)

Easily the best stable of backs I've seen at OSU in years. They are redshirting Rod Smith this year and he could be the next big back for OSU, of course he has to outplay Jaamal Berry who is absolutely ridiculous as a RS frosh this season. Add to that the two already 4 star guys they have for 2012 and its a very good crop. Of course you then add to that the #1 QB for 2011 and like you said top OL recruits and its going to be another good run.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 28, 2010 -> 11:55 AM)
2 4 stars in 2012

No room in 2011

2 4 stars in 2010

1 4 and 1 3 star in 2009 ( the 3 star being Jordan Hall who has looked ridiculous)

Easily the best stable of backs I've seen at OSU in years. They are redshirting Rod Smith this year and he could be the next big back for OSU, of course he has to outplay Jaamal Berry who is absolutely ridiculous as a RS frosh this season. Add to that the two already 4 star guys they have for 2012 and its a very good crop. Of course you then add to that the #1 QB for 2011 and like you said top OL recruits and its going to be another good run.

Probably too early to say but are any of those guys likely to be impact guys like Clarett or Wells? Because while Saine and Herron aren't bad players they seem to be the only thing holding back OSU from being absolutely unstoppable this year.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 2, 2010 -> 12:26 PM)
Probably too early to say but are any of those guys likely to be impact guys like Clarett or Wells? Because while Saine and Herron aren't bad players they seem to be the only thing holding back OSU from being absolutely unstoppable this year.

Jaamal Berry should be at least #2 on the depth chart right now. He was leading the team in rushing before the game today. Saine really should be a 3rd WR since Duron Carter is out.

Edited by RockRaines

I don't follow basketball recruiting as much as I used to. Anyone have any insight into IU's chances with Cody Zeller? I know he is choosiing between Butler, IU and N. Carolina but haven't seen much beyond that.

Palehose, anyone?

Edited by Rex Hudler

Cody has been to IU three times in the last 3 weeks, with one visit coming this past Wednesday. Cody is the biggest recruit for IU since probably Jared Jefferies in terms of turning around the program. IU had five 5 star players on campus last weekend and have a great chance at all of them. If Cody chooses IU, which every indication seems its down to IU and UNC, then the 2012 class has the potential to be number one in the country with the talent the state of Indiana has for that class. A lot of talent is waiting on Cody to decide and many "in the know" seem to think IU holds a slight lead over UNC. Time will tell, but I like IU's chances, and so do many others. If Crean can pull in Cody against the likes of UNC, watch out. He'll be visiting Butler this weekend, UNC the next, and IU for Halloween with his best friend and current IU commit Etherington. In early November, he will be set to make a decision.

Edited by He_Gawn

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Oct 8, 2010 -> 12:52 AM)
I don't follow basketball recruiting as much as I used to. Anyone have any insight into IU's chances with Cody Zeller? I know he is choosiing between Butler, IU and N. Carolina but haven't seen much beyond that.

Palehose, anyone?

It is amazing to see Butler in the same sentence as IU and UNC.