Official Recruiting Thread II

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 20, 2012 -> 03:53 PM)
Duke is a solid school, really no way to argue against that choice. If something happens to him, Duke education is worth way more than MSU.

He will be one and done...............he is not going to be at Duke 4 years to graduate anyway!

Actually, wouldn't it make more sense for him to go to a powerhouse basketball program where he can concentrate on what he's going to do for the rest of his life and not have to worry about school?

I mean I don't care one way or the other. I think he'll be a "bust" in comparison to all the hype he's gotten. He's not a Lebron, Carmelo, Rose, Davis type player. An excellent college basketball player? Absolutely. Are they assured of getting to the NC game because of him alone? Nope.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 20, 2012 -> 04:03 PM)
That may or may not be true. But its one thing to knock a kid for going to Kentucky, its another to knock someone going to Duke, Stanford, etc. Those top notch schools and it would make total sense for a kid like Jabari to actually care about education.

It's hard to believe that "education" matters to a kid who probably won't stay in college longer than a year or two.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Dec 20, 2012 -> 06:29 PM)
LeBron would have went wherever WWW wanted him to go. Logic says with Cal, as he's a frequent visitor at Rupp.

False. He's said numerous times he would have gone to OSU.

One of the many articles

http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/1651709

He is in Columbus more than Lexington, and he donates a s***load to the school and team.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 20, 2012 -> 07:20 PM)
False. He's said numerous times he would have gone to OSU.

One of the many articles

http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/1651709

He is in Columbus more than Lexington, and he donates a s***load to the school and team.

You never know with LeBron, he's a front runner. He donates greatly to both schools though and even Cal introduced him at halfcourt before a game two years ago.

That may or may not be true. But its one thing to knock a kid for going to Kentucky, its another to knock someone going to Duke, Stanford, etc. Those top notch schools and it would make total sense for a kid like Jabari to actually care about education.

Duke basketball is league average in the ACC academically. They aren't anywhere close to Stanford.

I think what matters is that Duke is better than MSU. Im not about to be drawn into an ACC who is the best school match. Feel free to consult US News, Princeton Review or any of those nonsensical publications.

Duke is a fine choice. I dont even like Duke, but I understand why someone would go there.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 20, 2012 -> 09:57 PM)
I think what matters is that Duke is better than MSU. Im not about to be drawn into an ACC who is the best school match. Feel free to consult US News, Princeton Review or any of those nonsensical publications.

Duke is a fine choice. I dont even like Duke, but I understand why someone would go there.

Duke is a great medical school if I remember correctly. I believe it's top 5. Everything else is on par with a Big 10 school. Some programs a little bitter, some a little worse. It's no Stanford though unless Jabari is going to be a doctor.

But its one thing to knock a kid for going to Kentucky

I don't see how you can even knock a sure fire one and done for going to Kentucky at this point?

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Dec 20, 2012 -> 07:30 PM)
You never know with LeBron, he's a front runner. He donates greatly to both schools though and even Cal introduced him at halfcourt before a game two years ago.

Trust me he was all buckeye, especially at the time. He said it numerous times and there wasnt going to be much recruiting if he had to stay a year. He would have turned our program around one year early.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Dec 20, 2012 -> 11:15 PM)
I don't see how you can even knock a sure fire one and done for going to Kentucky at this point?

You cant, just play PG for Cal and you will be a top draft pick. You will make millions going to KY as a one and done.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Dec 20, 2012 -> 11:15 PM)

I wouldnt, but you could theoretically argue that its smarter to go to a better school because you never know if youll get a catastrophic injury. That is obviously within reason, Duke will be on national tv as much as anyone.

I dislike Duke, Id never go there, but I still cant find a reason why its a bad choice.