Would You Care if We Started Over?

Chisoxfn

Would You Care if We Started Over?  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Care if We Started Over?

• Yes
    • No

The Soxtalk.com staff would like to inform the members of a temporary site closure that will occur during the All Star Game (July 10th, 2007).

During the ASG, the Soxtalk.com crew will be working behind the scenes to build a new message forum in order to try and alleviate the server issues.

Unfortunately, after the forum is created, every member will have to reregister and start from scratch so to speak as we will be starting over with zero posts, zero members, and zero world series titles (something I hope the Sox will quickly change).

After everything is done we hope you will continue to choose to come to Soxtalk.com for all your White Sox needs and we will do our very best to continue to provide the best place to discuss and follow White Sox baseball!!!!! We will also continue to push ourselves to release new features and constantly make this place better.

We appreciate all your support over the years and look forward to what the future of this site will bring :)

With that, if you have any signatures or avatars will you please save them onto your computer so you can easily access them (we will most likely have access to all that stuff, but it will not be for a minimum of a couple weeks, which is when we'll have an archive set up for this site).

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 9, 2007 -> 05:01 PM)
:lolhitting

And have no fear...the banned list will be moved.

Damn, I thought that I could bring back Rauch611 and start posting on that banned user again. Oh freshman year moments on soxtalk. :P

Anyway, I'd be fine if you guys started over but archived some of the best stuff on here and you did it in the off-season. It'd be a whole fresh start and it would be a great thing for our community.

Can we make the new site just a little bit more baseball heavy?

By that I mean having a permanent forum for rumors and Xbox trade proposals (the Crawford trade scenario get annoying rather quickly when they are in the Pale Hose Talk.) Keep the diamond club for official transactions around the MLB and other MLB tidbits. Split up a fantasy baseball from the other games, or at least move it up on the list because it seems to get lost being a sub-forum in the last discussion folder.

Just some thoughts.

I think when we start over we will go through and look at ways we can organize this place even better but we will also always take into account whether splitting a forum up a bit will take away too much discussion and in a sense make the forum inactive or little used. So the crew will definitely take a look at that and see if it would work (heck I don't venture much into some of those areas so I'm going to go through places looking to see what can be added, what can be shrunk, etc) and see if any other peoples ideas would work.

Lord knows we've consitently done this on a trial and error basis and we are always up for trying knew thinks that could make this place better.

Also note, if you have any important PM's grab the info. In an ideal world you will have access to them again in 2 weeks but with me doing some of the work you never really know if you will :lol:

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jul 9, 2007 -> 07:32 PM)
We can tell if you take people's name... so seriously, don't even try it.

Ocho, I know you were kidding, but some of you others out there... don't.

That's right. Kap's a prick.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jul 9, 2007 -> 07:32 PM)
We can tell if you take people's name... so seriously, don't even try it.

Ocho, I know you were kidding, but some of you others out there... don't.

You do realize that I'm going to take your name now?

I kid, I'll stick with Ocho since it's my name. :P

If you're seriously talking about doing this this week I'd recommend getting an email out to all the members or you're going to be facing major headaches when people keep contacting you because they can't log in and/or lost PMs, avatars, etc.

I think this is kind of unfortunate in a way. When I try to log on and experience major delays I usually get a bit excited because I know that there was big news of some type. Oh well, I'll find a way to adapt.

QUOTE(mmmmmbeeer @ Jul 9, 2007 -> 08:17 PM)
If you're seriously talking about doing this this week I'd recommend getting an email out to all the members or you're going to be facing major headaches when people keep contacting you because they can't log in and/or lost PMs, avatars, etc.

I think this is kind of unfortunate in a way. When I try to log on and experience major delays I usually get a bit excited because I know that there was big news of some type. Oh well, I'll find a way to adapt.

There's a mass email sending.

My wife thinks I spend too much time on SoxTalk and so I promised her I'd quit the site once I finally hit 10K posts.

I was really going to have to ration those last 60 or so posts for the rest of the season. . . but now. . .

HA!!! Take that, FlaSoxxWife!! :bang :bang

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jul 9, 2007 -> 10:04 PM)
My wife thinks I spend too much time on SoxTalk and so I promised her I'd quit the site once I finally hit 10K posts.

I was really going to have to ration those last 60 or so posts for the rest of the season. . . but now. . .

HA!!! Take that, FlaSoxxWife!! :bang :bang

classic :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

We are going to do this where we hopefully have absolutely no site outage (we have already backed everything up) and I'm actually doing the install right now.

We will be cleaning all the bugs up or at least most of them before launching the new version sometime tomorrow. We will also have an outage later on this week when we likely double the server's ram (which should also help the site out).

QUOTE(max power @ Jul 9, 2007 -> 09:38 PM)
I thought more people would care about the archive threads. I don't as I just discovered the internet in 2006. Personally, I am all for a better faster board.

I have a hard copy of each of my posts. They're all pretty brilliant. I'll make copies for anyone interested.

Edited by Middle Buffalo