Richar, Castillo named offensive players of week

whitesoxfan101

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/news/ar...b&fext=.jsp

International League

Danny Richar, Charlotte

.393 (11-28), 5 R, 1 2B, 1 3B, 2 HR, 6 RBI, 4 BB, 4 SO, 1 SB, .536 SLG

Richar has made the White Sox brass look very smart since he came to the organization via a trade with the Diamondbacks last month. He is hitting .342 with three home runs and 10 RBIs in 18 games with the Knights. The Dominican Republic native went 3-for-5 with a home run, two RBIs and two runs scored in the Knights' 11-6 win over Columbus on Thursday.

Also mentioned in there is Javier Castillo won offensive player of the week in the Carolina League for Winston-Salem btw.

Carolina League

Javier Castillo, Winston-Salem

.385 (10-26), 2 R, 1 2B, 0 3B, 2 HR, 11 RBI, 2 BB, 6 SO, 0 SB, .682 SLG

Castillo helped improve his team's record as well as his own stat line by putting up some big-time numbers last week. The Warthogs third baseman hit home runs in back-to-back wins against Frederick, tallying six of his 11 RBIs in that two-day span. Castillo also drove in a run in every game during the team's three-game series at Kinston.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 11, 2007 -> 11:07 AM)
Richar has the tools and I want him up pronto. Iguchi must be dealt.

At the time of the trade, I did not like it because I really liked Cunningham (mancrush) but now after seeing Richar's numbers, I am beginning to like it, alot. If he can be a solid second baseman with pop that will be great. Bring him up now and Sweeney and see if they can be counted on for next year.