Floyd back to AAA

fathom

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(103 mph screwball @ Jul 10, 2007 -> 03:12 PM)
Good point. That may be a move we see before the end of the year, but why move Floyd down? Just let Richar take Iguchi's spot if he is moved. KW in stealth mode.

agreed. He is talking to someone. I honestly am ready to send Gooch somewhere else and see if we can cheap a 2B to save some cash next season. Richar, although raw, appears to be really hitting the ball well for us.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 10, 2007 -> 03:19 PM)
agreed. He is talking to someone. I honestly am ready to send Gooch somewhere else and see if we can cheap a 2B to save some cash next season. Richar, although raw, appears to be really hitting the ball well for us.

Which teams out there need a gooch type of player?

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 10, 2007 -> 03:19 PM)

Which of the contenders needs a 2B? Sadly, the Indians are the team I see in most need of one, maybe the Padres... Otherwise, Iguchi would probably be looked at as a bench player acquisition...someone along the lines of a Rob Mackowiak, etc.

I just want a SS prospect....please Dodgers, give us Chin Lung Hu!

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jul 10, 2007 -> 03:33 PM)
Weeks is only hitting .212 last I checked for the Brewers. I wonder if they might be interested in Iguchi. Though let's not get on our X-boxes and expect a lot from the Brew Crew.

I was thinking that too briefly, but it's probably not a good move to sit him in favor of Iguchi if they really want Weeks to play second base for the future...

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jul 10, 2007 -> 03:39 PM)
Winning now and having Weeks play 2B every day need not be one in the same.

They are winning now. He isn't costing them much. They also have Craig Counsel and Tony G over there, do they not? I doubt they would be major players for Tad, unless Weeks still is injured...

QUOTE(iamshack @ Jul 10, 2007 -> 03:41 PM)
They are winning now. He isn't costing them much. They also have Craig Counsel and Tony G over there, do they not? I doubt they would be major players for Tad, unless Weeks still is injured...

4 1/2 up isn't much. Even good teams look for marginal improvements. Remember Geoff Blum. If you believe Iguchi would not be a roster ungrade over Graf or Counsel, I would strongly disagree. Platooning Iguchi, which is what I am suggesting, would help the Brewers on a lot of level. If nothing else, it would improve pinch hitter options. Not to suggest the Brewers should or would do it, but they are certainly more likely suiters than the Dodgers, Padres, or Indians.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jul 10, 2007 -> 03:48 PM)
4 1/2 up isn't much. Even good teams look for marginal improvements. Remember Geoff Blum. If you believe Iguchi would not be a roster ungrade over Graf or Counsel, I would strongly disagree. Platooning Iguchi, which is what I am suggesting, would help the Brewers on a lot of level. If nothing else, it would improve pinch hitter options. Not to suggest the Brewers should or would do it, but they are certainly more likely suiters than the Dodgers, Padres, or Indians.

Well, the Padres have the worst offense in the world and Marcus Giles has a whopping .650 OPS, one of the few guys in the league Iguchi actually is hitting better than. While I understand your point about the Indians, Barfield has a whopping .626 OPS. Weeks, on the other hand, is at about .720, and while that isn't anywhere near what he is capable of, Iguchi is at about the same. So even with Weeks playing very poorly, Iguchi isn't really distinguishing himself much from him.

Gooch is an upgrade for alot of teams that are looking for the type of player that can advance runners and hit with contact a decent amount. I would really deal him for a pen arm honestly, or a marginal SS spect. I think Richar's numbers are decent enough to warrant a call up.

QUOTE(rock1735 @ Jul 10, 2007 -> 06:56 PM)
Charlie Haeger was promoted.

Wow. Good for him. I thought he should have come north with the team this spring for the bullpen.

What is KW up to? After the All-Star break, the rotation could be Buehrle, Danks, Haeger, Gio, Pelfrey. If there is such a thing as an exciting GM, KW is it. Can't you just feel that something will be announced tomorrow?

This means that after Floyd was sent down, the team he was trading a pitcher to realized that KW was not bluffing and met his demands. One of the starters must have been traded. Since Gavin had been sent down already, Haeger was brought up to fill the void. That's my attempt at figuring out KW's genius. I'll guess Garland is a Dodger and Kemp and Billingsley are on their way. If I'm right, I'll play the lotto this weekend.

QUOTE(103 mph screwball @ Jul 10, 2007 -> 07:18 PM)
Wow. Good for him. I thought he should have come north with the team this spring for the bullpen.

What is KW up to? After the All-Star break, the rotation could be Buehrle, Danks, Haeger, Gio, Pelfrey. If there is such a thing as an exciting GM, KW is it. Can't you just feel that something will be announced tomorrow?

This means that after Floyd was sent down, the team he was trading a pitcher to realized that KW was not bluffing and met his demands. One of the starters must have been traded. Since Gavin had been sent down already, Haeger was brought up to fill the void. That's my attempt at figuring out KW's genius. I'll guess Garland is a Dodger and Kemp and Billingsley are on their way. If I'm right, I'll play the lotto this weekend.

Haeger's probably just being called up to pitch out of the pen. The rotation will be Garland, Buehrle, Vazquez, Contreras, Danks. No trades will be made.

I'm almost positive this is the case.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 10, 2007 -> 07:21 PM)
Haeger's probably just being called up to pitch out of the pen. The rotation will be Garland, Buehrle, Vazquez, Contreras, Danks. No trades will be made.

That clinches it. KW must have made a big trade in stealth mode. :P

Hope Haeger does well. I'm pulling for the knuckleball underdog.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 10, 2007 -> 07:21 PM)

Standing past is absolutely ridiculous. It honestly upsets me to even think about the possibility of not trading any starting pitcher.

How exactly is the ballclub expected to improve in future seasons if not for the trade of someone holding value? We've been over the various options for acquiring talent, and this team has practically none of them working in their favor.

Since Buehrle's presence on this ballcub is assured, Garland should be traded. This entire scenario with contract extensions and the possibility of not receiving top value (because of time remaining on a contract) in return will only be rehased again next season. We're not winning anything within the immediate future whether Williams realizes it or not.

I'd rather have whichever package is received for Garland and Contreras, in addition to the likely struggles of their replacements, rather than have both pitch meaningless games. 2010 should be the goal. Perhaps by then, DLS will be available.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 10, 2007 -> 08:43 PM)
Standing past is absolutely ridiculous. It honestly upsets me to even think about the possibility of not trading any starting pitcher.

How exactly is the ballclub expected to improve in future seasons if not for the trade of someone holding value? We've been over the various options for acquiring talent, and this team has practically none of them working in their favor.

Since Buehrle's presence on this ballcub is assured, Garland should be traded. This entire scenario with contract extensions and the possibility of not receiving top value (because of time remaining on a contract) in return will only be rehased again next season. We're not winning anything within the immediate future whether Williams realizes it or not.

I'd rather have whichever package is received for Garland and Contreras, in addition to the likely struggles of their replacements, rather than have both pitch meaningless games. 2010 should be the goal. Perhaps by then, DLS will be available.

2010 seems a bit bleak given our starting pitching and some of our offensive pieces. Why not just get rid of Jose, see what Richar can do, and retool in the offseason...

I think we can put a solid club out in 2008, let alone 2009

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 10, 2007 -> 07:43 PM)

Last I checked, there are still 3 weeks of July left. I am 90% sure there will be trades, probably multiple, involving our pitchers. Just may not be today or tomorrow.

And if KW has shown anything, its that he would never be building towards 3 seasons out. His target is usually the present, or at worst, the upcoming season (2008).

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 10, 2007 -> 07:43 PM)

He will trade someone, but it wouldn't be so horrible to wait until the 31st if it drives up the price. If I were a GM, I'd try to lowball KW and hope he is impatient. KW hopefully will be prepared for that. Even if no one is trade by the 31st, then that is because he knows he could get more in the off season.

He won't want to go through the contract stuff with Garland. He's gonna sell high and the fact that he just signed Mark will not make it look like some sort of white flag.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 10, 2007 -> 09:21 PM)
Last I checked, there are still 3 weeks of July left. I am 90% sure there will be trades, probably multiple, involving our pitchers. Just may not be today or tomorrow.

And if KW has shown anything, its that he would never be building towards 3 seasons out. His target is usually the present, or at worst, the upcoming season (2008).

Bingo!