Floyd back to AAA

fathom

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:bang

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jul 11, 2007 -> 10:42 PM)
well, I've never talked or even seen either of them before (no offense) and just a post saying Charlie Haeger is coming doesn't really do much for me. I'm not calling them liers, but would like to see a source for something like this.

Did you mean (spell check) liars?

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jul 11, 2007 -> 10:42 PM)
Wcw2323 is an outstanding poster with alot of credability so I believe him post counts (which is severely overrated) or not.

Are you crazy or just drinking the Kool-Aid?

It is true that the Sox are under no pressure to make any deals.

Nothing much is being offered for Dye or Iguchi. They could wait 3 weeks and see if it gets better or hold onto them and see what happens.....re-signings, draft picks, arbitration, later trades etc.

HOWEVER, I don't think that Kenny has the nature for that. He will want to make some deal for both the thrill of it as well as to shake things up a little. Something will go down this month. I would bet on it.

QUOTE(WHITESOXRANDY @ Jul 12, 2007 -> 08:44 AM)
It is true that the Sox are under no pressure to make any deals.

Nothing much is being offered for Dye or Iguchi. They could wait 3 weeks and see if it gets better or hold onto them and see what happens.....re-signings, draft picks, arbitration, later trades etc.

HOWEVER, I don't think that Kenny has the nature for that. He will want to make some deal for both the thrill of it as well as to shake things up a little. Something will go down this month. I would bet on it.

How do you know that? I am dying for some good updates of info, if you have story to link to.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 12, 2007 -> 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How do you know that? I am dying for some good updates of info, if you have story to link to.

Well, firstly, lots of teams would love a healthy productive Dye but he doesn't exist. That's why he's still on the Sox. They would love to unload his salary and get nice prospects for him like they anticipated at the beginning of the season.

But, since he isn't playing and when he has he's been lousy there is no deal in the works. Right now draft picks look better unless he heats up in a hurry they might keephim.

As far as second base, well there is just few teams that need one and he hasn't played great either. Also, the Sox might keep Iguchi.

HAEGER : I like him.....as a starter....can't see how he can help much in the pen unless it's just to eat innings and not wear out those guys. Which I guess is a good idea now that I think about it. It doesn't look like they'll get much better down there or much help is coming and if they trade a starter it will put even more strain on the bullpen.

I'm looking forward to see Haegar pitch for the Sox. I was a big supporter of him and was pulling for him to make the team out of Spring Training.

I was very disappointed and a little baffled when I saw how poorly he was doing in AAA this season. Hopefully he has turned it around for good and I hope he has a very long and productive future in the majors.

I just hope A.J. is ready for him!

Thanks to the guys with the "inside" scoop. To think, if I would have believed the initial post about Haeger's return I could have taken the info and posted it on WSI giving me instant credibility as an "insider!" :P

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Jul 12, 2007 -> 11:01 AM)
Two double headers in the next month lead me to believe haegar is here for a while regardless of results. He is an ideal spot starter and long releiver as he can do both during a double header and does not need to be shut down for a couple of days.

Maybe he'll be another Wilbur Wood and start both games of a double-header. :)

I am okay with Haeger coming up. But what doesnt make sense is why Massett is still up here, because they fill a similiar role. They should send down Masset and have him focus on what he is best at, and that is starting. Build him up, and get his arm stretched out.

Then call Richar up and see what we have there.

I like Haeger, a lot of good things were said about him and the development of his knuckleball last year, I believe Phil Niekro said it is the best knuckler he has seen in years. I think that is why it is surprising that he started out so poorly this year. Hopefully, he is straightened out and here to stay. My only concern with a knuckleballer is that out catcher can not throw out runners for a fastball pitcher, will a runner steal 2 bases each time off a knuckleball.

Good Luck Charlie!!! :cheers

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 12, 2007 -> 11:06 AM)
I am okay with Haeger coming up. But what doesnt make sense is why Massett is still up here, because they fill a similiar role. They should send down Masset and have him focus on what he is best at, and that is starting. Build him up, and get his arm stretched out.

Then call Richar up and see what we have there.

Yes, I agree. Let's get Masset back on track in the minors, and in a starting role. In the meantime, Haegar can fill his long-relief role, getting knocked around role.