Who's the Sox's best athlete

shoota

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 13, 2007 -> 03:42 PM)
He should be showing off in Charlotte then.

Ha ha, :cheers , I agree!

I say Fields is most athletic on this team. QB and good 3rd baseman, that's much better than a kicker and injured outfielder.

In Erstad's defense, I've always heard him referred to as one of the fastest players on Nebraska's football team, and definitely the fastest punter they ever had.

If BA was still with the Sox, I'd say him because he was well thought of as a basketball player as well as baseball, where he is obviously athletic, even if he can't lay off an offspeed pitch down and away.

QUOTE(MSHAWKS @ Jul 14, 2007 -> 09:44 AM)
<!--quoteo(post=1471625:date=Jul 13, 2007 -> 10:50 AM:name=JUSTgottaBELIEVE)-->
QUOTE(JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Jul 13, 2007 -> 10:50 AM)
<!--quotec-->i would have to disagree with that majority of pro baseball players would have a resume like his. the fact that he was all-state in track in the 100m and 300m hurdles eliminates ~90% of the guys playing in the bigs. i couldn't name one guy on the sox right now outside of jerry owens and pods that could have done that in high school. plus, there arent many baseball players that i know of that are stud hockey players too. baseball and football or baseball and basketball yes, but hockey adds a whole new dimension than those sports - skating. add that to the fact that he was named the state's player of the year (given it is north dakota) is quite a feat in itself.

holding the career hits record at university of nebraska is a huge accomplishment considering he only played 3 years of college ball and considering the tradition of the huskers baseball program.

Looking at the state meet times in North Dakota, it isn't that hard to make all-state in the 100 Meter or 300 IM. Some of the all-state guys in ND wouldn't even qualify for state in Illinois.

Simply math. We have like the 2nd least populated state in the entire nation, thus, you'll see a lack of athletes. That, and there really isn't much in terms of racial discrepancy.