Cerbaho-WG

who expected the "inevitable" in 2000?

That is not so.

We looked for great things in the playoffs - we had knocked the Yankees and Cleveland soundly in that 2 week span in June and we were not intimidated there and the west didn't scare us - we were expecting top go far

then against Seatlle Frank, Mags, and PK had 1 hit between all 3 in the three games - that is what cost us in the play-offs, but expectations were very high; no one I knew as expecting anything "inevitable"

cw, I was very very hopeful in 2000. But I knew our staff was staying together by means of baling wire and duct tape. We had about .500 ball the last 4 to 6 weeks of the season. That is not the way to head into the playoffs and expect to win it all. There are no Detroit or Tampa Bay games during the playoffs.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is not so.

We looked for great things in the playoffs - we had knocked the Yankees and Cleveland soundly in that 2 week span in June and we were not intimidated there and the west didn't scare us - we were expecting top go far

then against Seatlle Frank, Mags, and PK had 1 hit between all 3 in the three games - that is what cost us in the play-offs, but expectations were very high; no one I knew as expecting anything "inevitable"

cw, I was very very hopeful in 2000. But I knew our staff was staying together by means of baling wire and duct tape. We had about .500 ball the last 4 to 6 weeks of the season. That is not the way to head into the playoffs and expect to win it all. There are no Detroit or Tampa Bay games during the playoffs.

cmon this post is accurate and obvious guys. There isnt even a debate here.

That is not so.

And DEFINATELY no CUBS! :lol:

If I am never going to beleive in them, why be a fan anymore?

Yeah, I beleived they had the "team" to win it all.

I am glad I go to the number of games I do every year no matter what is happening. I would have missed out on a lot of great games and memories sitting at home waiting until they had the perfect team.

Whoa Dude. Do NOT question my loyalty to the White Sox. I have been a Sox fan for as long as I can remenber. And I'm 45 years old. I'm also a somewhat savvy baseball fan. I do not blindly ignore what my intellect is telling me about the quality of a particular team at a particular time.

can you think of any yankee teams that played at or below 500 in recent years, in the month before the playoffs, and won it all? I can, very easily.

our pitching was good enough - it was our hitting that hurt us and there was not a team there that we couldn't beat, even though we didn't.

we were as helpless as the Patriots against the Rams, as OSU against Miami...

That is not so.

No, the debate is about people not showing up unless the team on the field will win the World Series without a doubt.

Like the Yankees last year, they had the highest payroll and best players, they were a lock right?

That is not so.

Thanks Bmr... I feel like I need to circle the wagons here.

That is not so.

No, the debate is about people not showing up unless the team on the field will win the World Series without a doubt.

Like the Yankees last year, they had the highest payroll and best players, they were a lock right?

No ... you are missing my point. I am talking about the CASUAL fan here. The kind of fan that fills the stands when they think they are riding a winner to the finish line.

I am glad I go to the number of games I do every year no matter what is happening. I would have missed out on a lot of great games and memories sitting at home waiting until they had the perfect team.

Whoa Dude. Do NOT question my loyalty to the White Sox. I have been a Sox fan for as long as I can remenber. And I'm 45 years old. I'm also a somewhat savvy baseball fan. I do not blindly ignore what my intellect is telling me about the quality of a particular team at a particular time.

Not questioning your loyalty, just tired of the liatany of excuses people have for not showing up. If the park was packed the team would get more good P.R. and the scrub fans would lose the only thing left they can rip us about.

I'm 35 and I have seen my share of good and bad teams.

Regular season records mean absolutely nothing.  In 2000, it was obvious that the sox didnt have the right ingredients to be the favorites.  Its very rare you win it all without the pitching and defense the sox lacked.  Being swept by Seattle was no surprise at all.

Regular season records are what get you in the playoffs. They mean nothing? Look I don't know you, but I am sure your a big fan even if you don't attend many games, and for all I know you may go all of them. Theres no problem with that, the problem is the Sox need to get more people in the house to increase their payroll. How they do this is anyones guess, I just hope it happens soon. The offense failed the team in 2000, not the pitching or defense.

Not questioning your loyalty, just tired of the liatany of excuses people have for not showing up. If the park was packed the team would get more good P.R. and the scrub fans would lose the only thing left they can rip us about.

I'm 35 and I have seen my share of good and bad teams.

I'm just trying to look at this from a realistic perspective. I wish the fans out there would anabshedly support the Sox. But, we aren't the Cubs. In order for this team to draw great crowds on a consistant basis, they are going to have to put a team on the field that the casual fan really believes can do it. They are going to have to convince the casual fan that are committed to winning a WS and not being competitive.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Reinsdorf won't spend if/when the money comes in - he simply uses the "50 cents vs. $1" crutch to explain away why he doesn't spend when the money's supposedly NOT coming in.
sorry gotta correct ya there.. it wasnt jr that made that statement.. it was kw....... ;) :lol: :lol: