The Aaron Poreda Mystery

whitesoxfan101

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...1,7410479.story

Aaron Poreda, the Sox's first pick in the 2007 draft, is scheduled to throw a bullpen session Saturday and stay in the bullpen until he regains full strength.

Poreda was clocked at 97 m.p.h. in his last start for Advanced-Rookie Great Falls on June 28 but experienced tenderness in his left arm. He has struck out 10 in nine innings.

At long last, an answer. Damn it didn't take long for him to get hurt though.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 19, 2007 -> 10:15 PM)
HES A FAILURE

WHY OH WHY DIDNT WE DRAFT SOMEONE ELSE?

Cuz were the white sox, my question is, why wasnt duane schaffer out of a job before the draft? if he was such an integral part of it and was fired for his poor performance in work, why was he allowed to be a part in that draft, one that comes in a time of dire reloading of the farm system

QUOTE(bigruss22 @ Jul 20, 2007 -> 01:58 PM)
Cuz were the white sox, my question is, why wasnt duane schaffer out of a job before the draft? if he was such an integral part of it and was fired for his poor performance in work, why was he allowed to be a part in that draft, one that comes in a time of dire reloading of the farm system

Do the picks we made in this year's draft look like Duane Shaffer picks compared to previous years?

Poreda actually has some gas compared to Lance Broadway for instance. And what about Nevin Griffith in the 3rd?

I asked him what was up with his arm and his relieving. He said,

"Sup bro, well after my first two starts I told the trainers that my elbow had some pain and they freaked out and shut me down for two weeks. Now for the last couple of weeks they have been babyin me back to healthy. Hopefully I'll get to start soon cuz my arms healthy and go to good. Thx alot for the interest and take care"