Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 21, 2008 -> 07:49 PM)
She is awful in the ring and on the mic, but if every woman looked like that, there would be no war.

Haha, yeah I dont care how she wrestles or talks.. she is fine as hell though

QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 21, 2008 -> 11:15 PM)
I think the build up for Hardy/Orton has been solid. Looking forward to it.

Agreed. I know this wont happen, but if I was a booker I'd tinker with the idea of Jeff winning. He's mega over and he's finally living up to all the hype. Of course I'd have him lose it back to Orton at the Feb. PPV, but not only would giving Jeff the strap put him over the top, it could also milk a little more out of the feud before Wrestlemania.

QUOTE(ChiTown364 @ Jan 22, 2008 -> 12:59 PM)
You're right, that guy has been wresting for years. Time for him to hang it up.

Ha. He is still one of the best in the ring. When he starts blowing spots or has bad matches, than he can hang em up.

ECW, despite the ending, was good. The title match gets made No DQ just before they make their way to the ring. Edge comes down to the commentary position. Punk takes the turnbuckle cover off at the beginning of the match. Chavo works over Punk's ribs pretty well. Chavo hits the turnbuckle cover, Punk hits the GTS, Edge runs into the ring and spears him. Chavo crawls over and gets the pin. All the heels celebrate.

It sucks for Punk but it does a couple of very good things for him. 1) It sets up him chasing the title - which is better drama, and as long as he's a face - the money is always in the chase. 2) It allows him to move to Smackdown or Raw following Wrestlemania. 3) It sets up a potential feud for Edge after he's done with Undertaker - without going into spoilers, Punk does seek his revenge on Friday night. 4) It allows him to be in the MITB match at Wrestlemania, which didn't make a whole lot of sense with him having the title. Same for the Royal Rumble.

All in all, this is good for Punk, provided WWE creative uses these things and doesn't forget about him.

QUOTE(supernuke @ Jan 22, 2008 -> 01:02 PM)
And yet he is still so much better than everybody else.

He is excellent, especially when you consider his age and injury history.

He still does a lot of stuff I know I wouldn't do after a series of back problems.

But his face IS quite creasy, and HD points that out. That's all I'm sayin'.