Official Squared Circle Thread

Saw this online today:

Just days after claiming that he is on the verge of starting his own wrestling promotion with Eric Bischoff, Hulk Hogan now says that he wants to fight Ric Flair at WrestleMania.

Hogan told MTV.com, "they need a main event real bad, brother" and said WWE still has a lot of tickets to sell. Hogan said that with Flair's career on the line, it's the perfect match to have - and he even has an idea for who could be the special guest referee. “Either he’ll put me out for good or I’ll put him out for good. One or the other. That would be the match of the new millennium. Hogan vs. Flair. Maybe get Vince McMahon as a special guest referee. Me and Flair both hate Vince.”

Umm.....Hogan....i hate to tell you this but Hogan vs. Flair might have been the match for the LAST millennium but i can't think of anyone who would really be interested in seeing that at WM. The only way that match would be nice would be to have Flair win clean then announce his retirement.

I thought the set-up for WM last night on Raw was pretty lame. gee....another triple threat match for the title. If HHH is the Cerebral Assassin (I'm sure i spelled that wrong) then as guest referee why wouldn't he screw Cena in his match vs. Orton last night and knocking him out of the WM championship match?? It's alot easier to be one guy for the title than two at the same time. I guess real world logic shouldn't make it's way into the wrestling world...lol

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flair shouldn't have to carry a gimpy has-been around in his final match.

Hogan is so f***ing delusional. Let him gather up Eric Bischoff, his favorite hyper chihuahua puppet Jimmy Hart, and every washed-up hack living under a bridge and they can all bleed red ink for a while.

I know I've been dying for a Brian Knobbs vs Honky Tonk Man match for YEARS now.

Barf.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 20, 2008 -> 12:16 AM)
Flair shouldn't have to carry a gimpy has-been around in his final match.

Hogan is so f***ing delusional. Let him gather up Eric Bischoff, his favorite hyper chihuahua puppet Jimmy Hart, and every washed-up hack living under a bridge and they can all bleed red ink for a while.

I know I've been dying for a Brian Knobbs vs Honky Tonk Man match for YEARS now.

Barf.

i agree....i was just saying that if we were gonna be forced to see Flair and Hogan....i'd like to see it go down that way instead of a draw,DQ, God (McMahon) forbid....a Hogan win..UGGH!!!!!

QUOTE(juddling @ Feb 19, 2008 -> 06:40 PM)
i agree....i was just saying that if we were gonna be forced to see Flair and Hogan....i'd like to see it go down that way instead of a draw,DQ, God (McMahon) forbid....a Hogan win..UGGH!!!!!

No, no, Judd, my point was completely separate from yours.

If Vince was ever dumb enough to throw Flair's last match away like that (wasting in on Hogan, I mean), Flair getting a clean submission win and then giving a promo for the ages (starting with "I know that since I won I can still go on, but I can't think of a better way to leave") would be the way to go.

Problem is, Hollywood Has-been always insists on "creative control" and he wouldn't sign on to lose, because he wants "I RETIRED RIC FLAIR, BROTHERRRRR!" to go on his list of accomplishments.

Edited by The Critic

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Feb 20, 2008 -> 06:06 PM)
How about Hogan "wrestling" Kahli?

Oh yeah, I forgot about that challenge Hogan made after the RAW 15th anniversary show. I wouldnt mind seeing that, but I have no interest in Flair vs Hogan.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 20, 2008 -> 06:11 PM)
Oh yeah, I forgot about that challenge Hogan made after the RAW 15th anniversary show. I wouldnt mind seeing that, but I have no interest in Flair vs Hogan.

Wasn't that Austin.

Steve Austin was on a radio show I heard and he said he would never wrestle Hogan. He thinks the build up would be awesome but the match would stink because Hogan works slow. Also said he doesn't want to deal with Hogan behind the scenes.

QUOTE(Brian @ Feb 20, 2008 -> 06:29 PM)
Wasn't that Austin.

Steve Austin was on a radio show I heard and he said he would never wrestle Hogan. He thinks the build up would be awesome but the match would stink because Hogan works slow. Also said he doesn't want to deal with Hogan behind the scenes.

Im pretty sure it was Hogan, because he saved Hornswoggle from being squashed by Khali and grandstanded in the ring motioning like he was going to overhead body slam Khali. There was a quote afterwards where he mentioned facing Khali in 'Mania

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 20, 2008 -> 08:44 PM)
Im pretty sure it was Hogan, because he saved Hornswoggle from being squashed by Khali and grandstanded in the ring motioning like he was going to overhead body slam Khali. There was a quote afterwards where he mentioned facing Khali in 'Mania

You're right. I was thinking of Raw Homecoming when Hogan challenged Austin. Forgot about 15th Anniversary.

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/news/story?id=3251964

After his rapid destruction at the hands of Slice -- he was dropped 20 seconds into the fight and finished off via a home run soon after -- Abbott wasn't wallowing in remorse and contemplating his next vocational path.

Not surprisingly, at least to the people who have followed the arc of the street fighter's career, he was sipping a cocktail or two in a hot tub, chilling with a pal from his WCW wrestling foray, Norman Smiley.

Smiley manufactures neon lights in Miami, and in his warehouse, there is a sweet setup with a bar, the tub and a large, high-definition television. Abbott kicked back, let the warm water wash over him and contemplated his tangle with Slice

I just found this funny. Of all of the people Abbott met at WCW, Norman Smiley is the one he calls a pal

As if I needed any more reasons to pass on RassleMania:

This year's WrestleMania 24 pay-per-view will cost fans $54.95, and that's for the standard definition broadcast. The High Definition broadcast will cost $69.95. For the past few years, the event has cost $49.95.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 25, 2008 -> 09:34 PM)
OK, I admit. That got me pumped for HBK/Flair.

I wish they would drag angles out more. Maybe for the next two weeks have HBK refuse to wrestle him cuz he doesn't want to be the guy to retire Flair, than two weeks from now, they tag vs. Cade/Murdoch and Flair does a heel turn on HBK by chopping him and whatever, than the next week come out and say he did it to get HBK fired up or something. Not a real heel turn. What do I know?