Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE (The Critic @ Apr 24, 2008 -> 04:37 PM)
Yeah, I meant all-around. His mic work is good, he's funny and can still get serious in a heel role, and his matches are interesting.

The outfit is still goofy, though. I know Vince stuck him with the outfit because he doesn't like his tattoos, and I realize it's supposed to be "flashy", but it's too Flash Funk or Jushin Liger for my taste.

Yeah it is a little different

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Critic @ Apr 24, 2008 -> 03:37 PM)
Yeah, I meant all-around. His mic work is good, he's funny and can still get serious in a heel role, and his matches are interesting.

The outfit is still goofy, though. I know Vince stuck him with the outfit because he doesn't like his tattoos, and I realize it's supposed to be "flashy", but it's too Flash Funk or Jushin Liger for my taste.

what are his tattoos? There are some goofy ass ones going around, I would love to know what Vince doesn't like

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Apr 25, 2008 -> 11:10 AM)
what are his tattoos? There are some goofy ass ones going around, I would love to know what Vince doesn't like

I don't know what they are, I just read on a couple sites that his tats were the reason for the full-body outfit.

With all the guys in WWE with tattoos, I'd also be very interested to know what could possibly cross Vince's line.

I didn't even think Vince HAD a line, with all the psycho storylines he's done and wanted to do (the worst being that he wanted to be the storyline father of Stephanie's baby, and then when she refused he asked her if she'd be OK with Shane being the storyline dad).

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Apr 25, 2008 -> 10:10 AM)

IIRC, he has one of malcolm X on the left side of his chest.

QUOTE (Shadows @ Apr 25, 2008 -> 03:01 PM)
MVP apparently spent 9 years in prison and has a lot of "prison ink" so thats the reason for the covering of it

That makes more sense, although I would have expected Vince to exploit that rather than cover it up.

From MVP's wiki page

Burke has acquired numerous tattoos through his life, including; a portrait of Malcolm X on his upper left chest,[7][51] the sarcophagus of King Tut on his left upper biceps,[7][52] the legend "Monte Cristo" along with the phrase "The best revenge is living well" in script on his right forearm—both references to the book The Count of Monte Cristo[7]—and an Eye of Horus on the back of his left arm.[7][53] He also has a number of homemade gang related tattoos that he had done when he was in his teens and which he is no longer proud of.[7]

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 25, 2008 -> 04:28 PM)
I thought it was common knowledge that MVP had been in prison. When they said he wore his costume because Vince wanted to cover them up, I just automatically assumed they were prison tats.

I had no idea who he was when he debuted in WWE, and I wasn't a fan of his character right off the bat, so I never researched anything about him. I still don't know his real name, except that the Wiki blurb posted before mentioned the surname Burke.

He's won me over to a pretty large degree, but I still can't say I'm a fan. I watch his segments now, though, with no channel flipping.

While I like Matt Hardy and glad he won, they could of had a DQ to push it one more month and get some heat behind it.

Orton better retain or Shadows will be crying himself to sleep.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 27, 2008 -> 09:26 PM)
At least it was not Cena.

The closer HHH gets to 16 time champ, the sicker I get. The guy is doing it politically, not based on skill and work rate like Flair did.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 27, 2008 -> 10:33 PM)
The closer HHH gets to 16 time champ, the sicker I get. The guy is doing it politically, not based on skill and work rate like Flair did.

I understand your point, but even in Flair's day the booking of a champ was political. It was a different basis of politics - which promoters stood to gain from any particular champ, which territory the champ would call home and how often he'd travel to each other region, in some cases the belt was a pawn, handed out for favoritism or loyalty - there were all kinds of factors.

Flair was handed the belt most of his 16 times because the booking committee believed he was the guy who could deliver money, not necessarily because of workrate or popularity (although those are certainly taken into consideration).

H's politics are lower-rent than that, for sure, but I'm not sure if I mind him holding the belt right now. I don't see a ton of guys these days who can come across as a believable champ, and H comes across that way to me.