Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Room Service Killer

:lol:

-- According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, former WWE Champion Randy Orton had yet another "incident" during WWE's most recent European tour. Orton was reportedy upset that the hotel staff woke him up earlier than they were supposed to. Orton put his clothes on, took his left over room service food, went down the hall and threw the food on the staff that woke him up. Orton laughed at them and went back to his room.

I don't put my whole heart into the proclamation, but I stand by the assertion that HHH is a great professional wrestler in the same mold as Ric Flair. I know it's chic to tear him apart as a man who has only gotten where he is because of politics but I don't think that's true.

QUOTE (Gregory Pratt @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 08:56 PM)
I don't put my whole heart into the proclamation, but I stand by the assertion that HHH is a great professional wrestler in the same mold as Ric Flair. I know it's chic to tear him apart as a man who has only gotten where he is because of politics but I don't think that's true.

Chic? How long have you even been watching wrestling?

I've been watching wrestling since 1997, thanks. And it is chic to rip Hunter on the Internet. Instead of there being this mini-controversy because I argue that Hunter is about as great as Flair, there should be a controversy over people saying he isn't. HHH didn't get to be where he is by screwing the boss' daughter -- he's gotten to where he is by being a great wrestler, overall. Sure, there are politics, but it's hilarious to hear people rip his politics while arguing that Flair's are better. Like Flair never played politics.

QUOTE (Gregory Pratt @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 08:38 PM)
I've been watching wrestling since 1997, thanks. And it is chic to rip Hunter on the Internet. Instead of there being this mini-controversy because I argue that Hunter is about as great as Flair, there should be a controversy over people saying he isn't. HHH didn't get to be where he is by screwing the boss' daughter -- he's gotten to where he is by being a great wrestler, overall. Sure, there are politics, but it's hilarious to hear people rip his politics while arguing that Flair's are better. Like Flair never played politics.

Well, he started his politics by getting in with the established stars, but he has most of it by screwing the boss' daughter. You'll get no support from the people in this thread in saying that HHH is just as good as Flair, and I guarantee you there's quite a few people here that know more about wrestling than you do.

QUOTE (Gregory Pratt @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 09:33 PM)
I won't get into an argument about whether or not someone knows more about wrestling than I do. That's an argument that is not worth having. I would claim that I am sure I know more about wrestling than plenty of people, too, and leave it at that.

Sure, you probably know more than plenty of people, but those aren't the people posting in this thread.

I am not going to express an opinion over whether or not I know more about wrestling than anyone in this thread. If everyone here disagrees with my contention that Hunter is every bit as great as Flair was -- well, that is not proof of anything, and certainly not that people are more "knowledgeable" than I, or better able to judge. If everyone agreed with me, that wouldn't mean anything either. Are you really trying to turn this into a "What do you know?" "discussion"? I know that I know a great deal about wrestling, history and context, and I don't feel I have anything to prove.

Like Triple H.

QUOTE (Gregory Pratt @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 08:38 PM)

Every wrestler plays politics to varying degrees (usually determined by how much stroke they have). Flair's actually been IMO the victim of more politics than he's played. Dusty, Kevin Sullivan, Hogan, Bischoff - they've all played politics on Flair down the line. Bischoff nearly broke Flair with the garbage he played on Flair in Hogan's behalf.

And as good as HHH is (and I think he's very good), it cannot be denied that he has aligned himself with connected people since basically Day One in WWE. First it was The Kliq, then he maintained his relationship with Michaels, and of course leaving Chyna for Stephanie cemented his place in the power position.

The wrestling business being what it is, I can't really blame a guy for protecting his "spot", but it's absolutely valid to debate whether or not stroke has passed talent as far as his position in WWE today is concerned. He does seem to still generate a decent face pop, so EVERYONE doesn't hate him, obviously.

Personally, I'd rather see H as champ right now, because I can't see another believable titleholder on Raw these days other than maybe JBL, and I do NOT want to see that again any time soon.

Agreed with you! HHH is one hell of a wrestler, and has been a staple in wrestling for years now.

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 03:59 PM)
let's tailor this to current WWE goings-on. HHH deserved the belt on Sunday, did he not?

Of the four options they offered to be champ, I'm most comfortable with H.

As I said earlier, H makes the most sense of anyone on the roster to be champ right now.

I liked the way H and Orton worked together last night. Orton seems very comfortable when he works with H, and I think it brings out the best in him. As I've beaten the point into the ground, I'm not an Orton fan at all, but I was kept interested and that's good enough for me.

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 02:59 PM)
let's tailor this to current WWE goings-on. HHH deserved the belt on Sunday, did he not?

Out of the 4, yes. It's just a shame they finally give Orton a new gimmick right before he drops the strap. Cena had his super-run, and I'm not sure if I would put JBL in the top spot just yet. I would like to see where this thing with him and Cena goes though.

I dispise Cena....

Anyway.. Anyone bought either the Royal rumble anthology or the Wrestlemania 1-22 Dvd Set? If so any good bonus features on any of them? Worth buying??

Im thinking about getting one of them.. duno which one

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 09:21 PM)
I dispise Cena....

Anyway.. Anyone bought either the Royal rumble anthology or the Wrestlemania 1-22 Dvd Set? If so any good bonus features on any of them? Worth buying??

Im thinking about getting one of them.. duno which one

I have them both, and both were excellent buys.. I love them and having 40 pay per views at my disposal

As far as "bonus" material goes.. there are some slight bonus things during some of then.. like the Royal Rumble that had the Street Fight between HHH and Cactus Jack.. at the end of the DVD it shows Trips backstage on the stretcher and the NASTY gash in his calf that happened when he was thrown onto the crate. Looked like a chunk of his leg was missing.. Just some little things like that

I have them both, and both were excellent buys.. I love them and having 40 pay per views at my disposal

As far as "bonus" material goes.. there are some slight bonus things during some of then.. like the Royal Rumble that had the Street Fight between HHH and Cactus Jack.. at the end of the DVD it shows Trips backstage on the stretcher and the NASTY gash in his calf that happened when he was thrown onto the crate. Looked like a chunk of his leg was missing.. Just some little things like that

Thanks, I hear their coming out with a Summerslam one August 7th.

During ECW tonight Adamle and Tazz leave the announce table right before the main event, weird.

Just heard about this as well.. I would walk out to for a show that s***ty.. WWE really needs to try and do something with ECW, id rather see the Intercontinental championship or US Title then the ECW heavyweight title right now.. Their show is ridiculous.

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 10:29 AM)
Just heard about this as well.. I would walk out to for a show that s***ty.. WWE really needs to try and do something with ECW, id rather see the Intercontinental championship or US Title then the ECW heavyweight title right now.. Their show is ridiculous.

It's gotten A LOT better as of late, sure it's still the "C" show but the young talent they have has made the show watchable.

Apparently the Adamle & Tazz walking out seems to be an angle of some sort....this is the kinda s*** that keeps ECW the "C" show.