Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jun 15, 2008 -> 04:47 PM)
If Jeff Hardy can get a push after his drug habit and Orton can get title runs after throwing immature temper tantrums and testing positive for whatever substance it was, Santino's DUI should have no effect on him...or Carlito.

Well, as we all know by now, Vince is anything but consistent in his judgment of or treatment of talent.

Hardy is just so crazy stupid over that Vince has to recognize the value of keeping him around and in the spotlight. Hardy moves a lot of XXL girls' merch, so that has to help his cause.

Vince has a raging hard-on for Orton, so he'll get chance after chance as well.

For whatever reason (it seems to be his backstage attitude), Carlito fell into Vince's s***house right from the start, and his pushes and de-pushes, along with the injuries, have kept him from building any momentum at all.

I happen to enjoy Carlito quite a bit, and I think he and Santino can be an interesting team for a good while if given the chance.

Carlito popping off like he has would seem to harpoon any chance of the tag team continuing for any length of time, though.

Carlito's in ring work is flawed. His moves look weak. Like when he bounces off the ropes and turns to give a clothesline. Looks awful.

They guy is a decent personality, but as a wrestler, he can go, IMO.

Gee...this doesn't surprise me or anything......

The recently released Ring of Hell: The Story of Chris Benoit and the Fall of the Pro Wrestling Industry book has an account from a former WWE writer claiming that Stephanie McMahon would "relentlessly" badmouth her brother Shane to pretty much anyone who would listen during his time in the company. The former WWE writer also notes that Stephanie can be really confrontational at times. Here is the passage from the book concerning this: "Stephanie's not as smart as she thinks she is," says one former WWE writer. "You can't tell her a damn thing; she was confrontational about her stupidity, like coming up to you and saying 'I know you think I don't deserve this job!' To be honest, put fake (breasts) on a rattlesnake and that's Stephanie. She's a conniving little (c-word) who I personally saw bury her brother Shane relentlessly to people in the industry, I mean just (expletive) all over her own brother. She's disgusting; she's got that Lady Macbeth ego to her."

...but man those fake (breasts) look nice......

QUOTE (Shadows @ Jun 16, 2008 -> 09:08 PM)
omg... maryse

why was I never informed of her before?? tonight was the first time ive ever seen her.. jesus, she is hott

I love her. Hence my avatar.

FLAIR!!!!

QUOTE (Shadows @ Jun 16, 2008 -> 08:08 PM)
omg... maryse

why was I never informed of her before?? tonight was the first time ive ever seen her.. jesus, she is hott

except for the whole painted orange thing

That was maybe the worst injury sell I've ever seen.

Waving the arm around like a goof, making that "whuuuuhssff" noise a hundred times, but no blood and leaving his hand halfway off his eye so you can see nothing happened.

That's some low-indie-grade selling right there.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jun 23, 2008 -> 07:04 PM)
That was maybe the worst injury sell I've ever seen.

Waving the arm around like a goof, making that "whuuuuhssff" noise a hundred times, but no blood and leaving his hand halfway off his eye so you can see nothing happened.

That's some low-indie-grade selling right there.

LOL @ anyone who criticizes the way HBK sells anything. He maybe the best of all time at selling.

Matt Hardy to ECW, dumb.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 23, 2008 -> 08:23 PM)
LOL @ anyone who criticizes the way HBK sells anything. He maybe the best of all time at selling.

That may be true, but I'm agreeing with Critic...that wasn't very good selling by HBK...was that animal like noise necessary?

Ross to Smackdown?!?!? Cole on Raw?!!?!? BS. Even Ross thinks so.

Unless they do some off TV trades, ECW should just be done with. I like Matt Hardy but you can't add him than lose Kane and Punk. I'm assuming SD wins this battle royal and we see Cena and someone else head to Fridays.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 24, 2008 -> 02:57 AM)
Wow, that Batista/Edge collision was very scary (assuming it wasn't planned).

I think it was because Batista looked like he was blading right before that, but was still a very nice sell by Batista.

As for the McMahon thing, man was that brutal staging. McMahon covered a good 5 seconds before the thing even fell. I don't even get the point of the black thing falling at the beginning, unless they turn it into something like McMahon was trying to hurt himself.