Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 23, 2008 -> 11:47 PM)
I think it was because Batista looked like he was blading right before that, but was still a very nice sell by Batista.

As for the McMahon thing, man was that brutal staging. McMahon covered a good 5 seconds before the thing even fell. I don't even get the point of the black thing falling at the beginning, unless they turn it into something like McMahon was trying to hurt himself.

Nah, it's all just an angle to get out of the million dollar deal since he ratings are still poor. Looked very hokey.

QUOTE (Mr. Showtime @ Jun 24, 2008 -> 06:29 AM)
Nah, it's all just an angle to get out of the million dollar deal since he ratings are still poor. Looked very hokey.

Right you are, Show:

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/2008/articles/1214284394.php

And Brian, laugh all you want, but if you thought that sell job by Michaels was good, then it's my turn to laugh.

HBK is normaly very good at selling injuries, and he sold the plasma screen shot very believably the week or two before, he just didn't sell THAT well at all. Very phony-looking and oversold.

So with Triple H going to Smackdown, does this pretty much mean Cena will win the belt on Sunday? And what about Kane with being the ECW champ? I haven't watched too much wrestling prior to this year, so i'm not sure how things go when the guys get drafted to the other 'brands'.

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Jun 24, 2008 -> 12:59 PM)
So with Triple H going to Smackdown, does this pretty much mean Cena will win the belt on Sunday? And what about Kane with being the ECW champ? I haven't watched too much wrestling prior to this year, so i'm not sure how things go when the guys get drafted to the other 'brands'.

Or Batista will beat Edge and Show will beat Kane. Who knows.

Im off to the Smackdown/ECW tapings

Trips, Kennedy, MVP

Thats all that I needed, I wish Orton wouldn't have gotten hurt because I saw stuff that said he could have been a Smackdown draftee.. at least HHH will be there tonight

Im looking to get an Orton and Trips shirt, they better have them both there or I will be quite dissapointed

QUOTE (Shadows @ Jun 24, 2008 -> 03:13 PM)
Im off to the Smackdown/ECW tapings

Trips, Kennedy, MVP

Thats all that I needed, I wish Orton wouldn't have gotten hurt because I saw stuff that said he could have been a Smackdown draftee.. at least HHH will be there tonight

Im looking to get an Orton and Trips shirt, they better have them both there or I will be quite dissapointed

Smackdown gets two extra draft picks because they won the battle royal last night, right?

I bet they wait on the picks and make Orton one of them.

all Vince has to do to start drawing better ratings for Smackdown IMO is to make the show live. I honestly have no interest in the show when it is on.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jun 24, 2008 -> 03:17 PM)
Smackdown gets two extra draft picks because they won the battle royal last night, right?

I bet they wait on the picks and make Orton one of them.

all Vince has to do to start drawing better ratings for Smackdown IMO is to make the show live. I honestly have no interest in the show when it is on.

I thought Kennedy and Trips were the Battle Royal picks?

It was pretty badass, cant say I wasn't entertained even though Kennedy wasn't there and Trips didn't wrestle, but he still made an appearance..

He opened the show and said something to the extent of "A couple days ago Vinces world fell out from under him." and I stood up and yelled "HEY THAT WAS LAST NIGHT!" which received a bigger pop than anyone from ECW got, I was pretty happy about that.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 24, 2008 -> 10:34 PM)
Shadows, did you get Maryse's phone number for me?

Man I wish, her and Kelly Kelly were looking pretty damn hott tonight, but thats no different from any other night

Supplemental Draft happened this afternoon, ECW was once again pillaged.

RAW gets:Jamie Knoble, Deuce, Chuck Palumbo, Matt Striker & Kofi Kingston

Smackdown! gets:Trevor Murdoch, Big Daddy V, DH Smith, Brian Kendrick, Maria, Shelton Benjamin & Carlito.

ECW gets:Mark Henry, Super Crazy, Finlay & Hornswoggle.

As you can see, ECW made out like winners in the draft

It was pretty badass, cant say I wasn't entertained even though Kennedy wasn't there and Trips didn't wrestle, but he still made an appearance..

He opened the show and said something to the extent of "A couple days ago Vinces world fell out from under him." and I stood up and yelled "HEY THAT WAS LAST NIGHT!" which received a bigger pop than anyone from ECW got, I was pretty happy about that.

Shadows breaking kayfabe.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 05:08 PM)
Warrior's return match. Ugh.

Here's my review:

I chuckled when the horrible Orlando Jordan appeared.

I laughed when his valet couldn't figure out the complicated technique of entering and exiting the ring.

I laughed harder when Warrior appeared in his OWN outfit.

I about lost my s*** when Warrior ran to the ring like a cat running across bubble wrap.

....then the match started....and it wasn't funny any more. Things got sad and pathetic and old and sloppy and winded and basic and slow and awful immediately.

And the finisher.....a shoulder block? REALLY?

Although if anyone can be pinned with a shoulder block, it would be Orlando Jordan.

If Warrior has any pipe dream of being hired by TNA or (here comes the laughter again) WWE, he'd better make sure all copies of the tape of this match are burned, gathered up, burned again and then buried in a burning coffin.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 07:15 PM)
Hmmmm.......my mind didn't travel that road, Bri....... :lolhitting

The way they kept showing those two girls and their mom made me think they were UW's kids.

Thoughts on the PPV tonight? Since i'll be at the Sox game i'll be grabbing a torrent of this, but i'm intrigued as to who's gonna hold the straps after tonight.

I've got a hunch that Punk will cash in his MITB and win taking one of the titles back to Raw with him...don't know why I have it, but since the WWE has been pretty good with giving us swerves lately i'll go with it....I also think it'll be Holly who turns on Rhodes to become DiBiase's partner...just another swerve thought.