Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 10:05 AM)
So Cody Rhodes turned on Hardcore Holly and now sides with Dibiase? Thats kind of interesting

I'd like to see it expand to the Next Generation stable they were rumored to develop.

Carlito, Natalie Neidhart, DH Smith, Rhodes, DiBiase.

That could be fun.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 07:22 PM)
Batista mauls Edge, Punk cashes in the MITB and hits the Go To Sleep to win the World title.

When Edge came out, I kind of thought this was going to happen. RVD is the only guy to legit use the MITB. the way Punk used it seems like a heel move, but I still popped for it. Cool to see a local boy go through the ranks and be on top...for now.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 07:36 PM)
When Edge came out, I kind of thought this was going to happen. RVD is the only guy to legit use the MITB. the way Punk used it seems like a heel move, but I still popped for it. Cool to see a local boy go through the ranks and be on top...for now.

Yeah, it's hard to tell how long "creative" will let Punk hold the strap, but he is over with the fans, and if he moves merchandise, maybe he can have a Cena-style run. I doubt that, but it can be interesting while it lasts.

If nothing else, it was an effective, if predictable, way to get the strap back on Raw.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 08:38 PM)
Yeah, it's hard to tell how long "creative" will let Punk hold the strap, but he is over with the fans, and if he moves merchandise, maybe he can have a Cena-style run. I doubt that, but it can be interesting while it lasts.

If nothing else, it was an effective, if predictable, way to get the strap back on Raw.

Well, I don't know why JBL is getting a title match tonight. What do Cena or Batista have to do to get one? They never get title shots anymore.

I agree. It's weird after I remember seeing him wrestle at the barn in Willowbrook and at the Morris High School Gym.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 08:50 PM)
I'm taking it that Punk is supposed to go over JBL tonight after a "cheap" win. By the way, what's the story of why this match is happening(other than Punk winning the title)? Who set it up? I've been watching the Sox games.

JBL claims since he's a man with money, he's got the power. Since McMahon went down last week, that makes him the man in charge. Him being in charge he wants the first title shot.

Found this listing online of the contents of the Mr. Perfect DVD set.

Looks pretty good!

The Rap Is Crap video is on it!!

:headbang :lolhitting

Curt Hennig, better known as Mr. Perfect, competed for the American Wrestling Association, World Wrestling Entertainment and World Championship Wrestling. Born the son of legendary Larry “The Axe” Hennig, it was perhaps inevitable that Curt would want to follow in his father’s footsteps. But Mr. Perfect lived up to his moniker becoming one of the best in-ring technicians of his generation. A former AWA World Heavyweight Champion, he was also the longest-reigning Intercontinental Champion of the 1990s. Loved by fans and friends alike, Mr. Perfect entertained in and out of the ring, earning him the honour of induction into the WWE Hall of Fame. This two-disc set relives his life and career, from his early start as a second-generation star through AWA, WWE, and WCW. Some of his greatest matches and vignettes are included. Who was this man? Here’s a hint… he was absolutely “perfect”.

Disc 1

Perfection

Twin City Origins

Building a Path

AWA

Mr. Perfect

Living up to His Name

Intercontinental Champion

The Prankster

Commentator

WCW

Return to the WWE

A Sudden Tragedy

Hall of Fame

The Perfect Legacy Lives On

Curt Hennig vs. Eddie Gilbert

Madison Square Garden (21/11/82)

Curt Hennig & Scott Hall vs. Steve Regal & Jimmy Garvin

AWA Championship Wrestling (26/11/85)

Mr. Perfect Hall of Fame Induction

WWE Hall of Fame (31/03/07)

“Rap is Crap” Music Video

Vignettes

# Billiards October 1, 1988

# Golf – Perfect Putt October 1, 1988

# Darts October 8, 1988

# Bowling October 8, 1988

# Chess October 15, 1988

# Basketball October 15, 1988

# Ping Pong October 28, 1989

# Diving November 4, 1989

# Golf – Perfect Drive November 4, 1989

# Horseshoes November 24, 1989

# Baseball with Wade Boggs December 26, 1992

# Football – Perfect Passer with Steve Jordan February 13, 1993

# Basketball with Felton Spencer February 27, 1993

# Hockey with Mike Modano March 13, 1993

Stories

# Curt Loved Karaoke

# Lifestyles of Mr. Perfect

Disc 2

60-Minute Time Limit AWA World Heavyweight Championship Match

Curt Hennig vs. Nick Bockwinkel

AWA Championship Wrestling (15/11/86)

Curt Hennig vs. Terry Taylor

Commentary By: Michael Cole & Mick Foley

WrestleFest (31/07/88)

Mr. Perfect vs. Bret Hart

Madison Square Garden (24/04/89)

WWE Championship Match

Mr. Perfect vs. Hulk Hogan

Madison Square Garden (15/01/90)

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match with Special Referee Roddy Piper

Mr. Perfect vs. The Texas Tornado

Madison Square Garden (24/11/90)

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match

Bret Hart vs. Mr. Perfect

SummerSlam (26/08/91)

Mr. Perfect vs. Shawn Michaels

SummerSlam (30/08/93)

Curt Hennig vs. Bret Hart

Uncensored (15/03/98)

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 06:36 PM)

You are crazy. This is exactly how MITB should be used. Winning is winning, no matter how or when you do it.

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Jul 1, 2008 -> 03:56 PM)
You are crazy. This is exactly how MITB should be used. Winning is winning, no matter how or when you do it.

Exactly. To cash in the MITB for a standard match would be crazy.

It's like the old 24/7 Hardcore Rules - you wait til the champ finishes a brutal match, you grab a ref and you attack.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jul 1, 2008 -> 01:45 PM)
Found this listing online of the contents of the Mr. Perfect DVD set.

Looks pretty good!

The Rap Is Crap video is on it!!

:headbang :lolhitting

Curt Hennig, better known as Mr. Perfect, competed for the American Wrestling Association, World Wrestling Entertainment and World Championship Wrestling. Born the son of legendary Larry “The Axe” Hennig, it was perhaps inevitable that Curt would want to follow in his father’s footsteps. But Mr. Perfect lived up to his moniker becoming one of the best in-ring technicians of his generation. A former AWA World Heavyweight Champion, he was also the longest-reigning Intercontinental Champion of the 1990s. Loved by fans and friends alike, Mr. Perfect entertained in and out of the ring, earning him the honour of induction into the WWE Hall of Fame. This two-disc set relives his life and career, from his early start as a second-generation star through AWA, WWE, and WCW. Some of his greatest matches and vignettes are included. Who was this man? Here’s a hint… he was absolutely “perfect”.

Disc 1

Perfection

Twin City Origins

Building a Path

AWA

Mr. Perfect

Living up to His Name

Intercontinental Champion

The Prankster

Commentator

WCW

Return to the WWE

A Sudden Tragedy

Hall of Fame

The Perfect Legacy Lives On

Curt Hennig vs. Eddie Gilbert

Madison Square Garden (21/11/82)

Curt Hennig & Scott Hall vs. Steve Regal & Jimmy Garvin

AWA Championship Wrestling (26/11/85)

Mr. Perfect Hall of Fame Induction

WWE Hall of Fame (31/03/07)

“Rap is Crap” Music Video

Vignettes

# Billiards October 1, 1988

# Golf – Perfect Putt October 1, 1988

# Darts October 8, 1988

# Bowling October 8, 1988

# Chess October 15, 1988

# Basketball October 15, 1988

# Ping Pong October 28, 1989

# Diving November 4, 1989

# Golf – Perfect Drive November 4, 1989

# Horseshoes November 24, 1989

# Baseball with Wade Boggs December 26, 1992

# Football – Perfect Passer with Steve Jordan February 13, 1993

# Basketball with Felton Spencer February 27, 1993

# Hockey with Mike Modano March 13, 1993

Stories

# Curt Loved Karaoke

# Lifestyles of Mr. Perfect

Disc 2

60-Minute Time Limit AWA World Heavyweight Championship Match

Curt Hennig vs. Nick Bockwinkel

AWA Championship Wrestling (15/11/86)

Curt Hennig vs. Terry Taylor

Commentary By: Michael Cole & Mick Foley

WrestleFest (31/07/88)

Mr. Perfect vs. Bret Hart

Madison Square Garden (24/04/89)

WWE Championship Match

Mr. Perfect vs. Hulk Hogan

Madison Square Garden (15/01/90)

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match with Special Referee Roddy Piper

Mr. Perfect vs. The Texas Tornado

Madison Square Garden (24/11/90)

Bret Hart vs. Mr. Perfect

SummerSlam (26/08/91)

Mr. Perfect vs. Shawn Michaels

SummerSlam (30/08/93)

Curt Hennig vs. Bret Hart

Uncensored (15/03/98)

This will be a must buy for the Bockwinkel match alone. Since I will never get my Bockwinkel DVD I have to take what I can get.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jul 2, 2008 -> 12:34 PM)
Finally another member of the Bockwinkel Appreciation Society!!!

My hat is off to you, sir - as nukes go, you truly are super!

:cheers

It always amazes me how little respect he gets. I guess he goes a little to far back for most of the fans that are around now, I only caught the last ten or so years of his career. He was one of the best heels ever, a master at getting heat. I still remember watching my Dad get so pissed off when ever tricky Nick cut a promo.

It couldn't cost the WWE that much to put together a DVD of his matches and I would assume it would sell as many copies as the AWA DVD did. Since he was never a WWE Superstar though it will never happen.

QUOTE (Shadows @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 01:12 PM)
For some reason I haven't quite figured out yet I bought a ticket to go to Victory Road Sunday.. hopefully it will be entertaining

Just think of it as seeing something new. I may get tix for Bound for Glory at the Sears Centre for that reason alone.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 01:32 PM)
Just think of it as seeing something new. I may get tix for Bound for Glory at the Sears Centre for that reason alone.

My brother in law works security there and asked if I wanted to go. Im thinking about it