Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 11, 2008 -> 11:27 AM)
No, seriously, why was it unpinned? It is, by far, the biggest thread in this forum. If anything, unpin one of the useless threads.

Such as? :D

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee....Randy Orton hurt again.......

Randy Orton was involved in a motorcycle accident resulting in him re-injuring his collarbone. Orton had initially injured his collarbone last June at One Night Stand, during his confrontation with Triple H in a Last Man Standing Match for the WWE Championship.

As a result of re-injuring the collarbone, Orton will be out of action for three months.

the kid is having trouble staying healthy

QUOTE (juddling @ Aug 11, 2008 -> 02:21 PM)
Gee....Randy Orton hurt again.......

Randy Orton was involved in a motorcycle accident resulting in him re-injuring his collarbone. Orton had initially injured his collarbone last June at One Night Stand, during his confrontation with Triple H in a Last Man Standing Match for the WWE Championship.

As a result of re-injuring the collarbone, Orton will be out of action for three months.

the kid is having trouble staying healthy

god dammit

Some sad Bobby Heenan news, courtesy Lords of Pain:

-- WWE Hall of Famer Bobby "The Brain" Heenan is not doing too well health wise these days as his health is said to be deteriorating‏, according to a report on www.WrestlingEpicenter.com, a site that has interviewed a number of wrestling stars over the past few years. The WWE Hall of Famer's health is so bad that one source told the website that he does not believe Heenan will make it another month. The source said Heenan is now having trouble remembering the people around him. Heenan has been in a Tampa, Florida area hospital since December. He was first put in due to reconstructive surgery on his jaw, after the first surgery was unsuccessful. Heenan was placed in a medically induced coma and was slowly brought out. In late January, Bobby Heenan was brought out, but was unable to speak. He was also in line for some more surgeries to reconstruct his facial features.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 05:03 PM)
Some sad Bobby Heenan news, courtesy Lords of Pain:

-- WWE Hall of Famer Bobby "The Brain" Heenan is not doing too well health wise these days as his health is said to be deteriorating‏, according to a report on www.WrestlingEpicenter.com, a site that has interviewed a number of wrestling stars over the past few years. The WWE Hall of Famer's health is so bad that one source told the website that he does not believe Heenan will make it another month. The source said Heenan is now having trouble remembering the people around him. Heenan has been in a Tampa, Florida area hospital since December. He was first put in due to reconstructive surgery on his jaw, after the first surgery was unsuccessful. Heenan was placed in a medically induced coma and was slowly brought out. In late January, Bobby Heenan was brought out, but was unable to speak. He was also in line for some more surgeries to reconstruct his facial features.

That's really sad news, I think at this point all we can hope for is for things to end peacefully for him.

On a much lighter note, who the hell unpinned this thread.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 10:11 PM)
Someone keeps doing it. I'd like to know who and why. I assume it's a joke.

I'm assuming only a certain number of topics can be pinned so we get bumped for the fantasy notice and the popular recruiting thread.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 09:19 PM)
I'm assuming only a certain number of topics can be pinned so we get bumped for the fantasy notice and the popular recruiting thread.

which is a f***ing joke, this is one of the most popular and biggest threads on this board and its not pinned? gtfo

QUOTE (The Critic @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 06:58 PM)
The ax fell again at Titan Tower.

Gone are:

Big Stevie Cool, Stevie Richards

Colin Delaney

Both of The Highlanders

Cherry

and some ref named Wes Adams.

Those guys really never got a chance. They had a nice build-up to their entrance to the WWE with all the promos, but then they never did a damn thing with them.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 16, 2008 -> 08:35 AM)
Those guys really never got a chance. They had a nice build-up to their entrance to the WWE with all the promos, but then they never did a damn thing with them.

I always thought the crazy skinnier guy who wasnt shaved bald looked like the old WCW wrestler Crowbar.

I agree they never got a fair shake, after a lot of work to put them out there. I think a problem WWE has with a lot of wrestlers and tag teams is that they create these stories for them and paint themselves into a corner in regards to expanding the storyline or characters. Once the story has run its course, there really isnt that much to do with the character/team so they let them fade into nothing. I cant see those two guys wanting to be the Scots pretending to be William Wallace-era warriors forever, it just wears thin. Who were they going to have a promo with? Cade and Murdoch? Maybe. London and Kendrick were just blah, even though they were fun to watch. They could have possibly done something with an english team(Burchill and Regal?), but WWE fans probably wouldnt even pick up on what the storyline was.

Hopefully they can repackage themselves and come back sometime. I actually enjoyed watching them wrestle.

How many times has Stevie Richards been let go by WWE?

edit: I never read the story about Robbie going to the TNA tapings the week before Wrestlemania and being seen on camera, and losing his $5000 wrestlemania paycheck. What a dumbass

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Aug 16, 2008 -> 10:44 AM)
I always thought the crazy skinnier guy who wasnt shaved bald looked like the old WCW wrestler Crowbar.

I agree they never got a fair shake, after a lot of work to put them out there. I think a problem WWE has with a lot of wrestlers and tag teams is that they create these stories for them and paint themselves into a corner in regards to expanding the storyline or characters. Once the story has run its course, there really isnt that much to do with the character/team so they let them fade into nothing. I cant see those two guys wanting to be the Scots pretending to be William Wallace-era warriors forever, it just wears thin. Who were they going to have a promo with? Cade and Murdoch? Maybe. London and Kendrick were just blah, even though they were fun to watch. They could have possibly done something with an english team(Burchill and Regal?), but WWE fans probably wouldnt even pick up on what the storyline was.

Hopefully they can repackage themselves and come back sometime. I actually enjoyed watching them wrestle.

How many times has Stevie Richards been let go by WWE?

edit: I never read the story about Robbie going to the TNA tapings the week before Wrestlemania and being seen on camera, and losing his $5000 wrestlemania paycheck. What a dumbass

I liked them, too. I thought they were pretty solid wrestlers.

On the TNA thing, that was a bush league move by TNA showing him in some desperate attempt to make themselves seem more legitimate by f***ing over some mid-carder.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 16, 2008 -> 08:54 AM)
I liked them, too. I thought they were pretty solid wrestlers.

On the TNA thing, that was a bush league move by TNA showing him in some desperate attempt to make themselves seem more legitimate by f***ing over some mid-carder.

At the same time, WTF was he thinking being at that taping anyways

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Aug 16, 2008 -> 08:44 AM)

Eh, the problem is the writing team gets so amped on these new tag teams and then they get bored of em within weeks time. Same thing happened on Cryme Tyme's first go-around. And until they make a legit tag division, it'll continue to happen.

Just saying that Edge the past few weeks has been as intriguing as ever. He has been really good with his promos and actions and if he puts Taker over tomorrow, I will be pissed. He is carrying that show now and doesn't even have the belt. It would kill him if he loses to Take, who hasn't been on for a few months. The HIAC match should be brutal and we just got Dish so I may get the HD feed for the first time for a PPV.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 16, 2008 -> 01:02 PM)
Just saying that Edge the past few weeks has been as intriguing as ever. He has been really good with his promos and actions and if he puts Taker over tomorrow, I will be pissed. He is carrying that show now and doesn't even have the belt. It would kill him if he loses to Take, who hasn't been on for a few months. The HIAC match should be brutal and we just got Dish so I may get the HD feed for the first time for a PPV.

I too would keep this feud going, not only would it confirm that Edge is the top heel on SD, but the top heel in the ENTIRE WWE. However I wouldn't have their feud ending match until Survivor Series in say a casket match. These 2 are too good to have their blowoff match not be on one of the big 4 PPV's.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 16, 2008 -> 02:02 PM)

Seeing as how it would be absolutely asinine for Edge to lose to Taker, that's exactly what I expect to happen.

I've enjoyed Edge's work quite a bit lately, too. It's tough to pull off that intensity/fear/"I'm going crazy" routine, but Edge is doing it about as well as could be expected. I'd have had him interfere in midcard matches and destroy people on top of the revenge against Vickie stuff, though.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Aug 16, 2008 -> 08:18 PM)
Seeing as how it would be absolutely asinine for Edge to lose to Taker, that's exactly what I expect to happen.

I've enjoyed Edge's work quite a bit lately, too. It's tough to pull off that intensity/fear/"I'm going crazy" routine, but Edge is doing it about as well as could be expected. I'd have had him interfere in midcard matches and destroy people on top of the revenge against Vickie stuff, though.

I think Foley said it best in that what I consider classic promo a few weeks back, if Edge went into the HIAC as the guy who wanted his wife back and was scared out of his mind of the Undertaker, there's no way people would believe that he had a legit chance of winning this match. Sadly I think this was done to create that shadow of doubt among the fans about the match.