Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 13, 2008 -> 11:16 AM)
Joe drops the title to Sting? Way to push and build on younger talent. I don't watch TNA but they should just leave the strap on Joe for a LONG time.

It doesn't seem like a great move, but I think the belt will end up going back to Joe before long.

I think the "kids don't respect the veterans" angle (which has been done to death, by the way) won't have legs, so Joe will probably win it back and "earn" Sting's respect in the process.

....or not....TNA doesn't seem to do the logical things very often.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Oct 14, 2008 -> 03:04 AM)
Scott Hall runnin' wild this past week!

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/2008_/1223743564.php

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/2008_/1223943560.php

He really, REALLY needs to stay away from the bottle.

I shouldn't be surprised, but didn't he JUST get out of rehab that Vince McMahon paid for?

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Oct 14, 2008 -> 07:24 PM)
Did anyone see that E60 promo on that Pavlik or whatever boxer? It was so inspirational. He destroyed Jermaine Taylor and he gets Bernard Hopkins coming up.

You may get banned from this thread on mere principle.

wwe is getting really boring for me, and i cant really put my finger on why. smackdown seems pretty good with truth, mvp benjamin, brian kendrick (just wish they were getting title shots), and hardy kozlov is pretty kool... but dam im getting so bored with the product right now

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 16, 2008 -> 11:03 AM)
Reading this thread just reminded me that I had a dream recently in which Vince McMahon died.

I had a dream like that, too!!

He was acting all weird and Paul London was laughing about it, then Jonathan Coachman made Vince go the other way out of the arena, then his limo blew up and no one found any remains! Then there was going to be this huge tribute show to him, but then I dreamt that Chris Benoit murdered his entire family and hung himself and that brought Vince back to life!!!

Man, what a messed-up dream that was......

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Oct 16, 2008 -> 12:59 PM)
WWE released Lance Cade.

I guess this is what happens when you give a poor performance in a match with HBK, Jericho & Trips. How the hell could anyone look bad with those 3?

Jim Ross in his blog said he had a seizure on a plane and had to have emergency help and that it wasn't a "medical issue". Implying some drug use was the cause and he is gone.

QUOTE (Mr. Showtime @ Oct 16, 2008 -> 05:32 PM)
Jim Ross in his blog said he had a seizure on a plane and had to have emergency help and that it wasn't a "medical issue". Implying some drug use was the cause and he is gone.

I just read that as well, now knowing this I think it's somewhat harsh of a penalty.

They should have kept Murdoch over him, anyway. Cade is the same hoss they introduce every week, nothing interesting or special. Murdoch at least had an original look and some in-ring ability. They were actually a very good tag team that shouldn't have been broken up in the first place.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 18, 2008 -> 03:33 PM)
They should have kept Murdoch over him, anyway. Cade is the same hoss they introduce every week, nothing interesting or special. Murdoch at least had an original look and some in-ring ability. They were actually a very good tag team that shouldn't have been broken up in the first place.

And I think WWE went the extra mile and broke them up twice

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Oct 18, 2008 -> 03:42 PM)
I just read that as well, now knowing this I think it's somewhat harsh of a penalty.

My logic would be that since Hardy had that incident on the plane a few weeks ago, and they really couldn't/wouldn't fire him over that. The next person who screwed up on a plane was in trouble.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 18, 2008 -> 03:33 PM)

I think Cade being a student from HBK gave him some protection in who was gonna be dropped, unless something serious happened....

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 19, 2008 -> 08:01 PM)
I DVR'd that Hulk Hogan Celebrity Wrestling. Wow, is it bad. Hard to take Knobbs and Beefcake serious as legit trainers since neither of them were very good.

Comes off as very cheesy.

I'm quite glad my cable company made CMT a digital-only channel.

I only have the digital starter package so I don't get CMT.

Therefore, I won't have the opportunity to even accidentally get sucked into watching any of this stupid show.

During the Jericho/Batista Gauntlet match tonite, Mike Adamle either A: Said his lines too soon when Jericho came in to face Regal, or B : was practicing his lines on a live mic.

Hey, when did Kane change his intro music?

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Oct 20, 2008 -> 08:51 PM)
During the Jericho/Batista Gauntlet match tonite, Mike Adamle either A: Said his lines too soon when Jericho came in to face Regal, or B : was practicing his lines on a live mic.

Hey, when did Kane change his intro music?

Kane's had his new music for about 2 months now.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 20, 2008 -> 09:56 PM)
What the hell did CM PUnk do to get de-pushed like he has? Carry Batista to a decent match? Be a legit wrestler as champion? I don't get it.

He's not big enough (Batista, Khali) and not small enough (Misterio).

Mid-size = mid-card.