Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 17, 2009 -> 10:19 AM)
Sorry guys. Orton is the biggest heel the E has had in years.

fathom is correct. Steph took that RKO better than a lot of the wrestlers do.

Vicki Guerrero says hi. Nobody creates heat like she does

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Feb 16, 2009 -> 06:28 PM)
at this point they might as well acknowledge the HHH/Steph marriage to further the storyline for 'Mania.

They have already acknowledged that before a few times as it is

but Orton is the man, I cant wait to see him main eventing at mania.. im hoping he is at the fan axxess so I can get his autograph and a pic or something that would be kickass

QUOTE (Greenman @ Feb 17, 2009 -> 03:06 PM)

but Orton is the man, I cant wait to see him main eventing at mania.. im hoping he is at the fan axxess so I can get his autograph and a pic or something that would be kickass

You would be King of the World if you got a photo of him punting you in the head.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Feb 17, 2009 -> 11:47 AM)
Vicki Guerrero says hi. Nobody creates heat like she does

If by heat you mean that I can't decide if I hate myself for not changing the channel immediately or hate my television for showing that thing to me, than yeah, she creates heat.

For me she creates Vince Russo heat or Jeff Jarrett heat.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Feb 17, 2009 -> 03:04 PM)
If by heat you mean that I can't decide if I hate myself for not changing the channel immediately or hate my television for showing that thing to me, than yeah, she creates heat.

For me she creates Vince Russo heat or Jeff Jarrett heat.

No way man, wrestling fan dont respond to people on the mic that truly suck(see: Orton, Randy. Before the last year). Watching her on the mic yesterday, it was almost overwhelming how much the crowd responded to her.

I dont like her either, but I cannot deny the fact that she is doing well what makes heels succeed. Jarrett and Russo always rambled and ended up getting the "boring" chants, Vicki just gets the straight up hate.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Feb 17, 2009 -> 03:15 PM)
No way man, wrestling fan dont respond to people on the mic that truly suck(see: Orton, Randy. Before the last year). Watching her on the mic yesterday, it was almost overwhelming how much the crowd responded to her.

I dont like her either, but I cannot deny the fact that she is doing well what makes heels succeed. Jarrett and Russo always rambled and ended up getting the "boring" chants, Vicki just gets the straight up hate.

Hes right

I watched Raw from last night a little bit ago and she was getting a TON of heat from the crowd

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 17, 2009 -> 02:46 PM)
You would be King of the World if you got a photo of him punting you in the head.

If he is signing autographs I will ask if we can get an action shot that makes it look like im getting punted in the head.. I dont see that working out, but it would be the greatest picture ever.

Ill try man, I hope hes there I am going to the Axxess from 1-5 the day of Mania

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Feb 17, 2009 -> 03:15 PM)

I dunno, man, it just seems like "blabber blabber excuse me! excuse me.....EXCUSE ME!!! blabber blabber my husband Edge blabber blabber" to me.

I always think of the Cheech & Chong "Sister Mary Elephant" bit when Vickie speaks:

"Class.....claaaaaaaaass.....class....SHUUUUUUUT UUUUUUUUP!!!! .....thank. you."

I didn't see this posted yet. Have you guys seen the roster release for the Legends of Wrestlemania game yet? So epic. Only one that is missing is the Macho Man.

• Arn Anderson
  • Big Boss Man
  • Bret Hart
  • Honky Tonk Man
  • Hunter Hearst Helmsley
  • Jake "The Snake" Roberts
  • Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart
  • Kamala
  • King Kong Bundy
  • Koko B. Ware
  • Michael Hayes
  • Mr. Fuji
  • Mr. Perfect
  • Nikolai Volkoff
  • Paul Bearer
  • "Ravishing" Rick Rude
  • Ric Flair
  • Ultimate Warrior
  • Undertaker
  • Yokozuna
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Andre the Giant
  • Bobby Heenan
  • Shawn Michaels
  • The Iron Sheik
  • Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake
  • Big John Studd
  • Junkyard Dog
  • Bam Bam Bigelow
  • Sgt. Slaughter
  • Dusty Rhodes
  • Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka
  • "Stone Cold" Steve Austin
  • The Rock
  • Jimmy Hart
  • Road Warrior Hawk
  • Road Warrior Animal
  • "Rowdy" Roddy Piper
  • Greg "The Hammer" Valentine
  • "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan
  • British Bulldog
  • "Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase

http://www.destructoid.com/legends-of-wres...ry-121844.phtml

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Feb 17, 2009 -> 07:06 PM)
Um.......Edge?

And to whoever above, Vickie is a HEAT MACHINE. She pushes all the right buttons.

Orton is bigger than Edge

He seems like he is approaching the Stone Cold status of being a "Heel" yet the fans like him. Orton isn't getting as much boos and hate as he use to. I think he is the best thing they got, and recently it feels like WWE agrees because he is getting all of the favorable decisions thrown his way. I fully expect him to beat Trips clean at Mania as well.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Feb 17, 2009 -> 07:30 PM)
Excuse me....

EXCUSE ME!!!!

:lolhitting

lmao

I get what you are saying about the "blah, blah, blah" stuff but man, you cant deny that she gets major heat anytime she opens her mouth.

QUOTE (Greenman @ Feb 17, 2009 -> 02:06 PM)

Yeah, but they've never done it in any type of storyline. IIRC they've also never blatantly said it, it's always been assumed.

QUOTE (Greenman @ Feb 18, 2009 -> 04:10 AM)

He seems like he is approaching the Stone Cold status of being a "Heel" yet the fans like him. Orton isn't getting as much boos and hate as he use to. I think he is the best thing they got, and recently it feels like WWE agrees because he is getting all of the favorable decisions thrown his way. I fully expect him to beat Trips clean at Mania as well.

Edge>Orton still. Edge still draws more heat, IMO. And better on the mic. I'm not saying Orton isn't over at all, but we'll see how over he is come Wrestlemania. To cement him as one of the best in the business he's gotta win...he just has to.

BTW, who the hell books ECW? So we're gonna have Christian/Swagger for the title next week? really? that can't wait for wrestlemania?

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Feb 18, 2009 -> 11:09 AM)
Yeah, but they've never done it in any type of storyline. IIRC they've also never blatantly said it, it's always been assumed.

Edge>Orton still. Edge still draws more heat, IMO. And better on the mic. I'm not saying Orton isn't over at all, but we'll see how over he is come Wrestlemania. To cement him as one of the best in the business he's gotta win...he just has to.

BTW, who the hell books ECW? So we're gonna have Christian/Swagger for the title next week? really? that can't wait for wrestlemania?

Maybe they are accelerating the process because Christian will be leaving ECW shortly after Mania? Give him the strap, let him lose it in Mania due to some sort of outside interference from another program, and Christian leaves ECW and goes to SD or RAW in the draft

QUOTE (Greenman @ Feb 18, 2009 -> 02:10 AM)

HA! RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT.

Try beating the unbeatable John Cena by cashing in Money in the Bank at the best possible time and having the crowd wildly cheer you (as a heel), then see the biggest ratings spike for Raw in 10 years, and then we'll talk.

I'm sorry, but there's still a lot of people who find Orton's mic skills incredibly boring - never mind all the heat he lost when he turned face and HHH killed him in all their rematches.

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Feb 18, 2009 -> 01:38 PM)
HA! RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT.

Try beating the unbeatable John Cena by cashing in Money in the Bank at the best possible time and having the crowd wildly cheer you (as a heel), then see the biggest ratings spike for Raw in 10 years, and then we'll talk.

I'm sorry, but there's still a lot of people who find Orton's mic skills incredibly boring - never mind all the heat he lost when he turned face and HHH killed him in all their rematches.

Oh give me a f***ing break, ANYBODY could have come out and beat Cena and the crowd would have gone insane at that time.. Im gonna try and find they Heyman article thats not too old were he talks about how Orton IS the best thing the E has right now

Orton hasn't been face in a long ass time, and I guess we forget that it was just last Wrestlemania where Orton won clean over BOTH Super Cena and the Boss' Son in the main event.. He will be main eventing a second WM in a row this year, so well see what happens

Edited by Greenman

QUOTE (Greenman @ Feb 18, 2009 -> 12:09 PM)
Oh give me a f***ing break, ANYBODY could have come out and beat Cena and the crowd would have gone insane at that time.. Im gonna try and find they Heyman article thats not too old were he talks about how Orton IS the best thing the E has right now

Orton hasn't been face in a long ass time, and I guess we forget that it was just last Wrestlemania where Orton won clean over BOTH Super Cena and the Boss' Son in the main event.. He will be main eventing a second WM in a row this year, so well see what happens

Yeah, but as it wasn't the main event (not to mention, it wasn't that good of a match), who remembers it?

Edge's promos about BEING mr. mitb combined with Cena's loss is what made that moment a classic. How do you explain the ratings?

Edge has way more heat than Orton, and maybe that's a byproduct of being on the better show, and in programs with The Undertaker and Triple H, while Orton has been in storylines with the not-ready-for-prime-time Rhodes & Dibiase and the heat-stealing McMahon clan. But it bears mentioning - why was Edge put in those programs and not Orton? why was Edge the bigger star when both were in a shot-lived tag team together?

WWE has been building up Orton the past year, because they screwed him up so bad that they needed to. As a result, Edge is the still the best heel in the company and has the main events, storylines, ratings, and championships to prove it.

Edge has better mic skills than Orton.

As a wrestler I think both are pretty similar, although I'm worried a HHH/Orton will be a slow snoozefest.

I would also love to see Christian interfere in the Cena / Edge match somehow.

Good news regarding Bobby Heenan's health, courtesy Lords of Pain.net:

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

-- Bobby Heenan's health has improved in recent months as he is doing a lot better. The WWE Hall of Famer is still having to relearn to talk clearly, but he's improved enough that he's planning on attending a spring training baseball game soon. In December 2007, Heenan had reconstructive surgery on his jaw, after the first surgery was unsuccessful. Heenan was placed in a medically induced coma which he was slowly brought out of about a month later. His jaw then had to be reconstructed.

I had no idea Bobby was placed in a coma! Damn.

I was afraid that Bobby was going to die, honestly. Things were looking very bleak for him a while back - I'm very glad he's on the upswing!

Keep getting better, Brain!

:headbang

QUOTE (The Critic @ Feb 19, 2009 -> 02:29 AM)
Good news regarding Bobby Heenan's health, courtesy Lords of Pain.net:

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

-- Bobby Heenan's health has improved in recent months as he is doing a lot better. The WWE Hall of Famer is still having to relearn to talk clearly, but he's improved enough that he's planning on attending a spring training baseball game soon. In December 2007, Heenan had reconstructive surgery on his jaw, after the first surgery was unsuccessful. Heenan was placed in a medically induced coma which he was slowly brought out of about a month later. His jaw then had to be reconstructed.

I had no idea Bobby was placed in a coma! Damn.

I was afraid that Bobby was going to die, honestly. Things were looking very bleak for him a while back - I'm very glad he's on the upswing!

Keep getting better, Brain!

:headbang

I remember hearing about the coma. Glad he is doing ok. There will never be another personality in the business like him again. He could still be announcing if he was healthy.

I heard a little bit about this on the radio last night.

Sad, crazy story all the way around:

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/972.html

Wrestling legend Verne Gagne is linked to the death of an elderly man he shared a room with at Friendship Village in Bloomington, Minnesota, an assisted living facility. On January 26th, Gagne reportedly threw a 97-year-old man down to the ground, causing permanent damage that ended his life twenty days later.

The WWE Hall of Famer suffers from severe dementia and his family says he does not remember the incident with roommate Helmut R. Gutmann, which resulted in Gutmann breaking his hip.

Police are investigating the death and trying to determine whether to recommend charges to the Hennepin County attorney’s office.

Betty Gutmann, the wife of the roommate, was saddened by the events, but believes Gagne does not understand what happened.

"You can't blame the person that did it," Gutmann said. "Gagne doesn't know what he's doing. I feel so sorry for his family, because they are faced with a terrible problem of what to do."

The former wrestler reportedly had a history of violent outbursts at the assisted living facility as he'd put elderly patients in chokeholds. A third such incident led to Gagne's dismissal from the facility, but he was soon allowed to return.