Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Mar 31, 2009 -> 05:45 PM)
Mania might be good, but this build was dismal. Any fence-sitters out there opting NOT to get it?

I'm with you. The build up for HHH/Orton has been good, but other than that, eh. I don't think you need to build up Take and HBK, they will have the best match of the night.

The build up for the 3 Way has been a joke, IMO.

Even the buildup for HHH/RKO has been bad - until Orton finally got his heat back, Trips continually was upstaging him, and the IED thing was beyond lame. Orton's promo the other night was ok but was he really saying he's waited 5 years for revenge after the Evolution-turning-on-him angle? REALLY? 5 YEARS?

That being said, I think the match will be good, and as much as I dislike him, Orton better win or this whole thing has been for nought.

Edited by longshot7

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 05:54 PM)
That being said, I think the match will be good, and as much as I dislike him, Orton better win or this whole thing has been for nought.

Agreed. If HHH gets a clean win, the past few months of Ortons push will be in the trash can.

They need to do something with Rhodes and DiBiasi. Tag titles will be out of the question if the unification Sunday. Hard to take Legacy seriously as an alliance if they have no voice.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 3, 2009 -> 02:15 PM)
TRU, post pics if you go to AXXess. Especially the ones of Mickie James hitting on you and you turning her down. Ha

After we found out we were only going to see Batista my little sister got mad and we now have tickets for tonight as well to see HHH, HBK, and Edge!

Im pumped, and I will try and get some good pictures to post up..

n34408287_34804324_7842767.jpg

Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase, he was lookin right at me as we were in line.

n34408287_34804422_5359128.jpg

That sign guy was there, the one in the red hat. Im sure youve heard of this guy before.

n34408287_34804420_8149218.jpg

HHH and HBK, it was hard to get up close this was the best I could get of them, plus they werent signing.

n34408287_34804323_3467392.jpg

This was just some random dude who was there in full wrestling attire, I named him El Diablo.

n34408287_34804325_1229928.jpg

Rhodes and DiBiase again, he is signing my little sisters cell phone. And in case you didnt know, he has a gay ass nose piercing.

n34408287_34804326_484503.jpg

The best I could get of Edge, he was cheered very loudly. When they asked who do you want to win Cena was boo'd bad, couldn't hear any cheers. Same with Big Show. Edge then said "Ill take the pop here but you guys better boo me Sunday."

n34408287_34804327_1249917.jpg

Eva and Candice Michelle. I tried to touch Candice's boob when we got up there but I was unsuccessful.

n34408287_34804328_3507679.jpg

Blurry for some reason, but they were pretty hott.

n34408287_34804430_5678194.jpg

Big ass Orton poster, it was pretty sweet but the flashing lights above it blurred it.

I am going to Axxess again on Sunday so I should get some better pictures. Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, Charlie Haas, Mark Henry, Funaki, Jillian Hall, Rosa, Vladimir Kozlov, Jack Swagger, Tommy Dreamer, R-Truth, and Hurricane Helms were also signing as well. Needless to say I wasn't waiting in line for any of those scrubs.

Edited by T R U

nice pictures

im just pissed we get orton vs. hhh # 304504054 time

and the whole cena/edge/big show doesnt move me at all

hbk/taker is awesome, butt predictable

mitb as always should be fun

ms wrestlemania what a waste,

no ecw title

tag titles unification thank F***ing god they finally are unified.

i think its a meh wrestlemania, but still ill take a meh wrestlemania anyday :)

I am not gonna give away any Wrestlemania spoilers for anyone, but the price I paid $65 in HD WWE is not giving me my bang for the buck anymore. Price went up $5.00 this year in this economy, Vince may be pricing the die-hards out! :gosoxretro:

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 5, 2009 -> 10:10 PM)
I am not gonna give away any Wrestlemania spoilers for anyone, but the price I paid $65 in HD WWE is not giving me my bang for the buck anymore. Price went up $5.00 this year in this economy, Vince may be pricing the die-hards out! :gosoxretro:

HBK vs. Undertaker took me back to when I was a kid. I miss feeling that way when I watched that match. Holy crap that was a classic and HBK continues to amaze me at the level he performs at.

Other than that, the worst WrestleMania since 11. HHH vs. Orton had no rhythm and the ending was garbage, obviously setting up a re-match with HHH cheating and ref not seeing it. Um, WrestleMania is where feuds are decided, not to build up re-matches.

Thank you HBK and Taker! Awesome.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Apr 5, 2009 -> 10:40 PM)
So outside of one match, Wrestlemania was mediocre. Way to make the 25th Wrestlemania mean something.

Pretty much.

What the f*** was the deal with the end of the HHH/Orton match? It pretty much just ended suddenly like they said "s*** its 9:57, wrap it up"

HBK/Undertaker though was something else, worth the crappy PPV as a whole easily.

I thought the PPV was pretty good - Taker/HBK was a masterpiece, MITB was excellent, Hardy v Hardy was terrific, Steamboat/Jericho was a lot of fun, and even the three-way was pretty good.

The Ending to the Orton/HHH match was ridiculous - yes, they were running out of time, but Orton doesn't even get to kick out of the pedigree once? BS. Kid Rock was completely extraneous and wasted valuable time - there were no introductions to the Diva Battle Royal, so we didn't get to know who were the former Divas in the match.

Other than that, I had a good time. Taker/Michaels was worth $55 by itself.

Edited by longshot7

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 08:28 AM)
Did Cena really get Big Show and Edge up for the FU(Attitude Adjustment)? Hate him all you want, thats a pretty impressive show of power

Its not that impressive when you actually consider how much someone like him could squat.. either way, edge slid off almost immediately

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 08:23 AM)
I thought the PPV was pretty good - Taker/HBK was a masterpiece, MITB was excellent, Hardy v Hardy was terrific, Steamboat/Jericho was a lot of fun, and even the three-way was pretty good.

The Ending to the Orton/HHH match was ridiculous - yes, they were running out of time, but Orton doesn't even get to kick out of the pedigree once? BS. Kid Rock was completely extraneous and wasted valuable time - there were no introductions to the Diva Battle Royal, so we didn't get to know who were the former Divas in the match.

Im pretty sure there was no intros for the Diva battle royal so they could sneak Santino in there. Thats what I got from it

Santino/Santina was hilarious last night. That guy never has to wrestle again, his little skits are hysterical, I dont know how Beth Phoenix was able to keep a straight face last night

Big Dave with the big save last night. He looks a lot bigger(bulkier) than i remember last seeing him

Batista will prolly turn heel @ backlash, just my opinion.

MITB was mediocre IMO, nothing special about it, no suspense, wrong person won IMO.

Hardys was same thing, mediocre, nothing amazing, and to their potentional, they coulda put on alot better.

Steamboat was a +. Tho still, shouldnt have been on the card.

The three way was another mediocre match.

On wrestlemania standards, all those matches were below average.

The whole PPV seemed rush and was just terrible.

Lets not forget JBL's 2 second match, what a waste to the IC title

also the tag title getting tooken out of the PPV, amazing.