Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 09:26 AM)
If you didn't like the MITB match then maybe you need to question whether or not you like wrestling at all. What a great, fun, spot-filled car wreck (in a good way). One of the best MITBs.

Eh. Lot of things screwed up in that match, not talking about Sheltons dive cuz that happens with that type of risk.

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 08:26 AM)
If you didn't like the MITB match then maybe you need to question whether or not you like wrestling at all. What a great, fun, spot-filled car wreck (in a good way). One of the best MITBs.

I'm not a big fan of gimmick matches, so that's not really my litmus test of wrestling fandom.

I'm more about the promos, a good solid storyline that doesn't rush or drag (hard to find, but always worth it), good matchups and a light dusting of crazy spots.

I don't really like spotfests, because IMO it diminishes the impact of the high-risk or daredevil moves overall.

I love spotfests, ladder matches, extreme rules. But this year, the MITB was plain boring. YES there was a few good spots, mainly involving kofi and shelton. But it was rushed, no time, no suspense, no blood (not that i NEED blood, but it always helps), nothing. This was IMO the worst MITB i've seen.

I guess thats what you get when you put kane, henry in it.

The main thing for me with it - it was just no suspense, I was waiting and waiting for cm punk to get knocked off and continue the match for anther 10 minutes, and he just gets the briefcase. Similar to HHHvOrton, just ended.

EDIT: Also IMO just because the match had some spots, it doesnt mean its a good match. The key for a succesful ladder match is to have it ran fluently

Edited by CryptviLL

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Apr 11, 2009 -> 06:59 PM)
Smackdown was actually really good last night. Good start to the build up for Edge/Cena & another very entertaining match between the Hardy's.

I'm guessing Matt or Jeff are headed to Raw. And that was a very good match with them last night.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 11, 2009 -> 08:54 PM)
I'm guessing Matt or Jeff are headed to Raw. And that was a very good match with them last night.

I'd guess Jeff, if they're going to focus on making Raw the show with all the star power then that would be my assumption.

im so sick of the wwe product right now. It tricks me. There is like 5% of the show that i REALLY want to watch, or and about 25% things i hope to happen, and those things never do. It just keeps pulling me in, making me watch every monday, and it just never gets better to me. There is just countless things they do for the PG rating and to get ratings, its sickening what they have changed the business to.

I just cant stand it, but like i say - i keep getting pulled back for the 5% of the things that are awesome (see hbk v. taker, or most the things y2j has done recently, minus the whole wrestlemania boring legends match)

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Apr 14, 2009 -> 06:44 AM)
Last night was "Everyone is drafted to RAW"

I like Punk and Jericho to SD. Woulda loved Christian on Friday as well.

IC and US Titles swap as well as Women's belt. I love me some Maryse.

Bourne/Mysterio should of really been given more time last night.

Swagger/Cena was semi-entertaining...well until the SuperCena finish.

The handicap match was TNA-like. If these guys wanted Orton so bad why couldn't they wait until they all get their hands on him at Backlash.

As for the picks, MVP will work...he's been long overdue to go over to RAW.

Matt Hardy going over to Raw will work only if they give him a good program to work with.

Punk going to SD works for me, as long as he'll be feuding with Edge that is.

The Miz/Morrison split worked, except the wrong guy got drafted to Raw. Morrison the better of the two is still on ECW for the time being, I don't see this going well for Miz.

It'll be interesting to see how Jericho is used on Smackdown.

Also, last night Todd Grisham took a shot at Tommy Dreamer saying that he's as much of a legend as the Brooklyn Brawler. 2 ways this was stupid. 1. Why would you bury a face? 2. Why would you completely discredit someone who was there from the original ECW days on & helped put that company on the map. Maybe i'm a little more opinionated on it since I grew up on the original ECW.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Apr 14, 2009 -> 11:00 AM)

The handicap match was TNA-like. If these guys wanted Orton so bad why couldn't they wait until they all get their hands on him at Backlash.

Matt Hardy going over to Raw will work only if they give him a good program to work with.

The Miz/Morrison split worked, except the wrong guy got drafted to Raw. Morrison the better of the two is still on ECW for the time being, I don't see this going well for Miz.

Also, last night Todd Grisham took a shot at Tommy Dreamer saying that he's as much of a legend as the Brooklyn Brawler. 2 ways this was stupid. 1. Why would you bury a face? 2. Why would you completely discredit someone who was there from the original ECW days on & helped put that company on the map. Maybe i'm a little more opinionated on it since I grew up on the original ECW.

Bourne hit some great spots and is amazingly athletic, but that guy needs to learn how to sell a hit. Even my wife was saying he is a bad actor

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Apr 14, 2009 -> 11:00 AM)

Motherf***er! I knew I jinxed it.

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 19, 2009 -> 03:51 AM)
Meh

I still cant seem to get into TNA, it almost seems like work to try and remember when its on and finding it on TV when im so programmed into the E as it is..

I dunno, I find lately that each show (Raw, Impact and SmackDown) has about the same amount of decent stuff and lame s***.

Don West has been my biggest problem with Impact lately, so if Taz replaces him, that raises the show up a lot of notches for me.

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 19, 2009 -> 04:51 AM)
Meh

I still cant seem to get into TNA, it almost seems like work to try and remember when its on and finding it on TV when im so programmed into the E as it is..

I'm with you. I don't watch it enough to follow stories and most of the matches don't entertain me anymore.

For some reason I thought of the character Muhammed Hassan/Marc Copani today and checked out his wikipedia page. That guy certainly went on to do nothing.

That was quite a storyline though, the heat that guy generated was insane

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Apr 19, 2009 -> 12:51 PM)
For some reason I thought of the character Muhammed Hassan/Marc Copani today and checked out his wikipedia page. That guy certainly went on to do nothing.

That was quite a storyline though, the heat that guy generated was insane

The guy was an awful wrestler though. He constantly screwed up moves.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 19, 2009 -> 01:30 PM)
Anyone watch SuperStars? Seemed like a decent card but I want to know if they are going to put a decent show every week or if it will just be the 2nd coming of Heat.

From my understanding they are just going to tape different matches at Raw and Smackdown for Superstars. So, im pretty sure it should be decent matches every show

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 19, 2009 -> 02:30 PM)
Anyone watch SuperStars? Seemed like a decent card but I want to know if they are going to put a decent show every week or if it will just be the 2nd coming of Heat.

I watched bits & pieces of it on Thursday. I totally didn't expect it to be a show that had top talent on it.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 19, 2009 -> 02:34 PM)
The guy was an awful wrestler though. He constantly screwed up moves.

Its hard to tell either way. he didnt have a lot of time to get better, he was in and out of the WWE pretty quick, and most of the time he was in the WWE he was being held off of television because UPN didnt want him on.

Regardless, he cut some pretty good promos, and he wasnt afraid of the heat.

I dont know if this was already mentioned, but I hadn't seen anything till just now..

Bobby Lashley and Stevie Richards debuted for TNA at the PPV tonight.. Oh and Foley won the TNA title