Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jun 15, 2009 -> 06:40 PM)
McMahon has "sold" Raw. We'll find out the new owner in just about half an hour or so.

My official guess is Eric Bischoff.

My first thoughts were Paul Heyman or Ric Flair, but Flair is "injured" and Heyman seems to be out of the business for good, so I'm going with Bischoff.

Love Orton getting the belt back obviously, but why the change to Batista in the first place then? These major titles jump around way too much. Just leave it on someone for like 6 months.

I don't know why but I thought it was hilarious seeing Miz's head slowly rise from outside the ring..

Either way, am I the only one who is finding it very hard to accept Miz as a possible main event player?

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 16, 2009 -> 05:03 PM)
I don't know why but I thought it was hilarious seeing Miz's head slowly rise from outside the ring..

Either way, am I the only one who is finding it very hard to accept Miz as a possible main event player?

It is quit e a unique situation to say the least, with him going from Real World to RAW. I have to hand it to him, he is a little rough around the edges but he can cut a promo. this whole Cena thing he has going on reminds me of back in the late 90's someone(jericho?) calling out goldberg in WCW every week when everyone knew he was injured and wasnt going to show up. Although, Cena has been in the building lately, so I expect him to smack the Miz down down.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 16, 2009 -> 05:03 PM)

At first it was for me because when he was in a tag team with Morrison, he was 2nd best. But now on his own, he's shown that he's progressed & that it's possible to put him in a big time feud. I mean, it can't hurt to freshen up the main event scene on Raw. You can only do Orton/HHH/Cena so much.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jun 16, 2009 -> 07:21 PM)
At first it was for me because when he was in a tag team with Morrison, he was 2nd best. But now on his own, he's shown that he's progressed & that it's possible to put him in a big time feud. I mean, it can't hurt to freshen up the main event scene on Raw. You can only do Orton/HHH/Cena so much.

I was hoping MVP or Kofi would win the battle royal just to have a new match. Usually in the summer, they push a younger guy and put him in a heavyweight title match.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 16, 2009 -> 08:50 PM)
Im just having a hard time seeing the Miz beating Cena in a singles match..

I cant find any way that they could make it believable

I doubt it would happen anyway. In their match, Miz would get in about 10 minutes of offense & then Cena would come out of nowhere with an Attitude Adjustment and win.

I think they could make Miz going over Cena believable though. It's just a matter of how they do it & how much they're willing to build Miz.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jun 16, 2009 -> 05:07 PM)
It is quit e a unique situation to say the least, with him going from Real World to RAW. I have to hand it to him, he is a little rough around the edges but he can cut a promo. this whole Cena thing he has going on reminds me of back in the late 90's someone(jericho?) calling out goldberg in WCW every week when everyone knew he was injured and wasnt going to show up. Although, Cena has been in the building lately, so I expect him to smack the Miz down down.

Plus, I think Miz is really good at putting others over and taking great bumps.