Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 02:13 AM)
Man im starting to get pumped about Miz

I have a feeling he is gonna win Sunday

I think he has to. A loss + Cena no-selling his punch during the opening segment Monday would be a huge waste.

Punk/Morrison put on a good show tonight. SmackDown is the s***.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 05:26 AM)
I'm with you. She has NO booty what so ever, but I don't care.

Some people criticize her because they don't think she has a pretty face, I have no clue what they are talking about.

She is just gorgeous, I love her face

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 02:38 AM)
I enjoyed what I saw of Impact last night.

They finally ended Sting's involvement in the Main Event Mafia, allowing him to be the good guy he wants to be.

Joe doesn't fit the mold of the MEM, but I see him flipping back soon anyway.

Been DVRing Impact. I like the backstage stuff they do. I usually FWD thru the matches, not because the are bad, but just to get through the show. It's getting better.

Helms is a lucky guy.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 28, 2009 -> 08:57 PM)
Mysterio vs. Jericho was awesome...again.

Did he de-mask Rey yet? Its going to happen again. Rey got stale, thats all they have left for him now. They have played his giant killer role to death

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 28, 2009 -> 08:59 PM)
Did he de-mask Rey yet? Its going to happen again. Rey got stale, thats all they have left for him now. They have played his giant killer role to death

Nope, Rey won.

Edge and Jericho win tag straps when Teddy Long puts them in legacy vs. Colons

I just read the results for the Three Stages of Hell match and not once saw anything that was 2/3 falls.

It basically read like the whole thing was a stretcher match, anyone else see different?

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 02:13 AM)
Man im starting to get pumped about Miz

I have a feeling he is gonna win Sunday

SuperCena in 5 minutes tonight the match did nothing to help elavate the Miz ........a waste of booking to me!

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 28, 2009 -> 10:00 PM)
I just read the results for the Three Stages of Hell match and not once saw anything that was 2/3 falls.

It basically read like the whole thing was a stretcher match, anyone else see different?

The first two falls were so quick, it was a waste. The match didn't start until like 9:25.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 28, 2009 -> 08:59 PM)

Mysterio has bored the hell out of me for like five years now. He does the same three moves all match, and as you said, the giant killer is stale.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 29, 2009 -> 10:04 AM)
Mysterio has bored the hell out of me for like five years now. He does the same three moves all match, and as you said, the giant killer is stale.

I hate the 6-1-9. You can see Jericho and everyone else he wrestles no-selling and looking over their shoulder every time they fall into the ropes. It doesnt even look like it hurts anymore, he barely gets any momentum on the move at all. He used to be really technical and fun to watch, I just dont think his knees allow it anymore

I remember the matches he used to have with Billy Kidman, those were really fun to watch

It's gonna be Orton vs. either HHH or Cena at Night of Champions. Lame.

Why can't they just give MVP a program for a month or two with Orton? Would be a nice push for him even if he doesn't win the belt. But nah! That would be to easy.

Just watched the PPV since my dish is currently out of service.

The best matches were the ECW title match & Jericho/Mysterio (which IMO is probably MOTY at this point.)

Instead of building up Miz to even look good, Cena squashes him in 5 minutes & all that build up goes for naught. Also, I didn't have a problem with Orton winning, but did HHH have to attack him at the end? Just lose & take it. You'll have the title by the end of the summer anyway.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jun 29, 2009 -> 09:11 PM)
Just watched the PPV since my dish is currently out of service.

The best matches were the ECW title match & Jericho/Mysterio (which IMO is probably MOTY at this point.)

Instead of building up Miz to even look good, Cena squashes him in 5 minutes & all that build up goes for naught. Also, I didn't have a problem with Orton winning, but did HHH have to attack him at the end? Just lose & take it. You'll have the title by the end of the summer anyway.

Undertaker and HBK say Hi, but yes, it was awesome and probably #2 on my list of MOTY.

I think HHH has to beat Cena next week..

Miz will get involved.. there is nothing for HHH to do if he loses, while they can have Miz cost Cena and HOPEFULLY put Miz over at the bash as he has gotten squashed in two matches so far..

And Maryse, oh man.. love her

I like Evan Bourne and Swagger to Raw. Was hoping 3rd one was Christian, but REALLY hope he goes to Smackdown.

It's the annual event when they depleat ECW of talent, but they always seem to bring new young guys in and develop them there.

I really hope they aren't sending Matt Hardy back to Smackdown. Raw needs heels and he is coming along as one nicely.

T R U, Maryse is mine. Back off. I was touting her before anyone else here. Me Me Me!

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 29, 2009 -> 09:22 PM)
Undertaker and HBK say Hi, but yes, it was awesome and probably #2 on my list of MOTY.

I think the only thing that Taker & HBK had going for it that made it better was that there was more emotion behind it.

At Night of Champions it's gonna be Edge/Jericho v. Legacy for the tag straps & HHH/Cena/Orton for the title. They taped next week's Raw last night.

Last night was an entertaining Raw, but I just hope that Swagger & Bourne don't get buried on Raw. I do like the Hart Dynasty & Matt Hardy over to Smackdown though.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 11:30 AM)
Last night was an entertaining Raw, but I just hope that Swagger & Bourne don't get buried on Raw. I do like the Hart Dynasty & Matt Hardy over to Smackdown though.

Matt Hardy was just on Smackdown. He worked with a broken hand on Raw and still gets sent back. Lame. The guy can't catch a break.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 01:50 PM)
Matt Hardy was just on Smackdown. He worked with a broken hand on Raw and still gets sent back. Lame. The guy can't catch a break.

Eh, he'd probably have more room to shine on Smackdown. I agree that he should of been given more time on Raw, but how far were they really gonna push him?

August 25th can not come fast enough!

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/3002.html

Complete details on The Rise and Fall of WCW three-disc DVD set were released by WWE's UK DVD distributor Silvervision today. The title will be released on August 25, 2009.

Disc 1

Jim Crockett Promotions

Georgia Championship Wrestling

Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling

Black Saturday

The Expansion

Crockett Sells to Turner

Greatest Talent in the World

New Management

Bill Watts Era

Bill Shaw Hires Eric Bischoff

Hulk Hogan Arrives

Nitro Debuts

nWo

Cruiserweights

Goldberg

WCW Ratings Champ

Celebrities

Goldberg vs. Hogan

Mistakes Begin

Vince Russo

A Corporate Merger

McMahon buys WCW

Legacy of WCW

Bonus Features

• Lost in Cleveland

• Bill Watts Defends Himself

• Spam Man

• The Origin of Goldberg

• Bischoff Gives Away RAW Results

Disc 2

$1,000 Challenge Match

Ric Flair vs. Magnum T.A.

NWA World Championship Wrestling – June 15, 1985

Sting, Lex Luger & Barry Windham vs. Ric Flair, Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard (w/ JJ Dillon)

The Main Event – April 3, 1988

United States Championship Match

Dusty Rhodes vs. Barry Windham

Great American Bash – July 10, 1988

NWA World Heavyweight Championship Match

Ric Flair vs. Ricky ‘The Dragon’ Steamboat

Chi-Town Rumble – February 20, 1989

The Rock ‘n’ Roll Express vs. The Midnight Express

Wrestle War – February 25, 1990

NWA United States Tag Team Championship Match

The Midnight Express vs. The Southern Boys

Great American Bash – July 7, 1990

WCW World Tag Team Championship Match

The Steiner Brothers vs. Sting & Lex Luger

SuperBrawl – May 19, 1991

WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match

Sting vs. Big Van Vader

Great American Bash – July 12, 1992

WCW International World Heavyweight Championship Match

Rick Rude vs. Sting

Spring Stampede – April 17, 1994

Ric Flair vs. Hulk Hogan

Bash at the Beach – July 17, 1994

Disc 3

Ric Flair vs. The Giant

Nitro – April 29, 1996

WCW Cruiserweight Championship Match

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Dean Malenko

Clash of the Champions XXXIII – August 15, 1996

War Games Match

Team WCW- Sting, Lex Luger, Ric Fair & Arn Anderson vs. Team n.W.o.- Hollywood Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall & a Mystery Partner

Fall Brawl – September 15, 1996

United States Championship Ladder Match

Syxx vs. Eddie Guerrero

Souled Out – January 25, 1997

United States Championship No Disqualification Match

Eddie Guerrero vs. Dean Malenko

Uncensored – March 16, 1997

WCW Cruiserweight Championship Title vs. Mask Match

Chris Jericho vs. Juventud Guerrera

SuperBrawl VIII – February 22, 1998

WCW Unified World Tag Team Championship Match

The Steiner Brothers vs. The Outsiders

SuperBrawl VIII – February 22, 1998

Diamond Dallas Page & Karl Malone vs. Hollywood Hulk Hogan & Dennis Rodman

Bash at the Beach – July 12, 1998

Goldberg vs. Diamond Dallas Page

Halloween Havoc – October 25, 1998

Booker T vs. Lance Storm

Nitro – August 7, 2000

When I was at SIU, I didn't get USA or TNN, which ever Raw was on, and I never saw their side of the simulcast when they bought WCW. They should put both shows on there.

The documentary could be good, but the matches are yawners for the most part.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 10:43 AM)
I really can't emphasize how much WCW sucked.

For a solid 18 months it was far superior to the WWF, but Bischoff gave too much power to the old guys and they booked wCw right into the ground.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 12:52 PM)
For a solid 18 months it was far superior to the WWF, but Bischoff gave too much power to the old guys and they booked wCw right into the ground.

I loved the early 90's. It was lower budgeted to WWF at the time but the product was just as good IMO.

I was never into the NWO stuff. I would watch to see what happened, but after about 6 months it was old to me.