Official Squared Circle Thread

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/news/story?id=4402589

MCKEES ROCKS, Pa. -- Pro wrestler and Olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle has been arrested on charges of possessing a human growth hormone and violating an order of protection in suburban Pittsburgh.

Angle was arrested about 7:50 a.m. Saturday in a Robinson Township strip mall parking lot. His girlfriend, who said she obtained a protection order about 1½ hours earlier after the two fought Friday night, alleged that he had circled the lot staring at her as she sat in a coffee shop, according to a police affidavit.

Police said they found the human growth hormone Hygetropin in Angle's car, and the wrestler told them he had a prescription for the drug. He also told officers he had not seen the woman and was looking for a hotel because he was barred from his home.

Angle, 40, was charged with violating the order of protection, harassment, possession of drugs and paraphernalia and driving with a suspended license. He posted bail and is scheduled to appear for a hearing Tuesday on the drug and harassment charges and Wednesday on the charge of violating the protection order, a court clerk said.

Angle was scheduled to fight Sunday night in the main event of a Total Nonstop Action wrestling event in Orlando, Fla. A message left Sunday for TNA Wrestling spokesman Steven Godfrey was not immediately returned.

Angle's phone number is unlisted. Messages left for attorney Michael Santicola, who has represented him previously, were not immediately returned.

Angle is a two-time NCAA Division I wrestling champion at Clarion University in western Pennsylvania. He won the 220-pound championship at the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta, defeating Iran's Abbas Jadidi for the gold medal, and has been a professional wrestler since 1998.

In September, Angle was found not guilty of drunken driving in Moon Township outside Pittsburgh. A motorist told police Angle had cut her off while leaving a bar parking lot.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting twists to the Angle HGH story:

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/ex...-revealed-83017

Earlier today, it was reported that Kurt Angle was arrested for violating a restraining order against an unnamed female TNA star.

WrestleZone.com can now exclusively confirm that the star is Trenesha Biggers, better known to TNA Wrestling fans as Rhaka Khan. Biggers, who made it to the final 25 of the 2005 WWE Diva Search, had moved in with Angle followed his break-up with ex-wife Karen Angle. Things didn't work out and Biggers moved out of Angle's house, filing an order of protection against the former Olympic gold medalist.

As we mentioned in our previous article, Biggers spotted Angle's car outside a Starbucks coffee shop earlier today and alerted the authorities. This lead to the arrest of Angle, as he was charged with violating an order of protection, driving with a suspended license and possession of illegal HGH.

While it isn't officially confirmed as of this writing, WrestleZone.com can also exclusively report that Angle did in fact have a valid prescription for the HGH, as was speculated previously.

Despite all the madness, Angle will still be working tomorrow night's TNA "Hard Justice" pay-per view in Orlando, Florida. Angle will compete in the main event of the show, defending his TNA World championship in a triple-threat match against Sting and Matt Morgan.

Stay tuned to WrestleZone.com this weekend as we will be updating this story as more information becomes available.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 05:55 PM)
What he say? And he probably knows what to say considering his acting career has consisted of nothing for like the past 8 years, so he probably watches.

Just no awkward pauses, no mis pronouncing. Sounded like a natural.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 07:49 PM)
When was that? I didn't see all of Raw.

Chavo and Hornswoggle had a falls count anywhere match and almost immediately Swoggle ran to the back and Chavo followed and was looking for him..

Well he heard a noise behind a door and opened it and a paint can on a rope came swinging down and hit him in the face and knocked him out and Horny came out the other door and pinned him.

So then he gets up and Mark Henry is standing there and hes like "It was you??" and he says "No man it wasn't me." and walks off and then it closes up to Chavo and then he looks again and it pans out and McCaulley Culkin is standing there and said something like "Thats not funny man." and walks off.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Aug 23, 2009 -> 10:36 PM)
Got Summerslam today. Damn good PPV. Only bad match was Kane vs Khali. CM Punk and Jeff Hardy took some bad spills/hits. Orton vs Cena was really good too. Mysterio vs Ziggler was great.

PPV of the year thus far.

Ziggler looked good in losing, I expect them to have at least one more match next month.

Swagger/MVP was fun, if only this meant one of these guys were gonna move up in the main event scene.

Jerishow/CT was also solid, nice finish

Khali/Kane = s***. no, really I took a s*** break during this.

DX/Legacy was maybe the 2nd best match of the night, could make a case for MOTN. Legacy looked great in losing.

Christian/Regal = just pushing the angle along

Orton/Cena was definitely different. One of the more goofy endings i've ever seen but a nice twist. Early word is that the guy who ran into the ring towards the end was Mr. Perfect's son.

Hardy/Punk = teh awesomez!!! hardy's spot with the swanton was off the hook, great ending, great psychology in the match. super mark out for the Undertaker at the end...can't wait for the Punk/'Taker feud to start up.

It was actually Ted DiBiase's brother who ran in.. and you could have had me fooled, I thought it was not scripted at all

They didnt even show the replay or mentioned that it happened, pretty good work had me fooled..

And god damn, the Undertaker thing was badass.. I didnt even notice it was him at first, was a very nice way to bring him back for sure.

QUOTE (T R U @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 02:00 AM)
It was actually Ted DiBiase's brother who ran in.. and you could have had me fooled, I thought it was not scripted at all

They didnt even show the replay or mentioned that it happened, pretty good work had me fooled..

And god damn, the Undertaker thing was badass.. I didnt even notice it was him at first, was a very nice way to bring him back for sure.

How did they do it?

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 09:14 AM)
How did they do it?

After Punk won, he stook over Hardy holding up the title. Then the lights go out, bells ring. Lights come back on, Punk looks worried but doesn't once he thinks that the 'Taker isn't there. Then he realizes as the Undertaker sits up that he's actually standing over the Undertaker. 'Taker chokeslams him, poses, walks off...crazy pyro.

PWInsider reporting that ROH star Bryan Danielson has agreed to a contract with WWE.

Also, totally agree with the above about SSlam - surprisingly great. Loved the main event, and the DX match I thought was going to be super-boring, but it wasn't.

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 12:46 PM)
PWInsider reporting that ROH star Bryan Danielson has agreed to a contract with WWE.

Also, totally agree with the above about SSlam - surprisingly great. Loved the main event, and the DX match I thought was going to be super-boring, but it wasn't.

Didnt Danielson have a run with WWE that went really badly(ie. Vince jobbed him and basically dicked him over until he quit)?

No, I don't think he's ever been with WWE. Are you thinking about Colt Cabana ie Scotty Goldman?

Danielson was trained by Shawn Michaels, and is a big international draw.

There were reports from the past about Shawn telling him he could be with WWE whenever he wanted, but he didn't want to go to them and be a jobber. He had an asking price unlike some of the other "indie" guys that have been signed, and now it looks like that price has been met.

Edited by longshot7

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 01:45 PM)
No, I don't think he's ever been with WWE. Are you thinking about Colt Cabana ie Scotty Goldman?

Danielson was trained by Shawn Michaels, and is a big international draw.

There were reports from the past about Shawn telling him he could be with WWE whenever he wanted, but he didn't want to go to them and be a jobber. He had an asking price unlike some of the other "indie" guys that have been signed, and now it looks like that price has been met.

Vince knows he got to start pushing new stars and BD can be one of those guys!

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 03:43 PM)
I watched for 5 minutes and turned it off during the DX match after about 12 times the announcers becoming advertisers / video game announcers. How dull and boring.

You seem like a nice guy and all, but why the hell do you keep posting in this thread when all you're doing is s***ting on the product and mentioning that you don't watch anymore?

QUOTE (The Critic @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 01:52 PM)
I think Danielson did one jobber squash match for The E in the past.

I'll reserve judgment on him until I see how they use him, but I haven't been that impressed by him in the little I've seen of ROH. Seems like just another guy to me.

I'm surprised, because I would think you would like him since he uses a lot more mat-wrestling techniques.

IMO, he's probably the 3 best wrestlers not signed to TNA or WWE.

If you have time check out any of the matches he had with Homicide in 06 or his matches with Takeshi Morishima