Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE (T R U @ Aug 27, 2009 -> 09:41 PM)
Well apparently Mysterio was against dropping the title so soon because when he had his WHC run he didnt hold the title long enough and wanted a decent run with the IC belt.

I mean him failing a wellness test. Anyone who has watched Rey throughout the years knew he was on something.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard a review of the WCW dvd, my brother got it, but I haven't watched it. Anyway, it's a must skip apparently. They stole a lot of footage, verbatim, from the Monday Night Wars dvd and Starcade dvd. Also it doesn't get into depth the rise of guys like Sting or Kevin Nash. Doesn't talk about NWO Wolfpack as if it never existed(would've beeng reat to talk to how silly the NWO just became), and it didn't talk about the Dungeon of Doom which tried to end Hulkamania.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Aug 28, 2009 -> 06:02 PM)
I heard a review of the WCW dvd, my brother got it, but I haven't watched it. Anyway, it's a must skip apparently. They stole a lot of footage, verbatim, from the Monday Night Wars dvd and Starcade dvd. Also it doesn't get into depth the rise of guys like Sting or Kevin Nash. Doesn't talk about NWO Wolfpack as if it never existed(would've beeng reat to talk to how silly the NWO just became), and it didn't talk about the Dungeon of Doom which tried to end Hulkamania.

As stated above, I also watched it. I assume it's not that great because they didn't want to shine any light on any of the guys currently in TNA or not with WWE. But, yes I agree that it should of been more in-depth.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Aug 28, 2009 -> 06:12 PM)
As stated above, I also watched it. I assume it's not that great because they didn't want to shine any light on any of the guys currently in TNA or not with WWE. But, yes I agree that it should of been more in-depth.

That's what everyone else speculates as well. Apparently, they also just use old Bischoff footage from when he was with the WWE for the interviews that he does in the DVD. What exactly happened to Bischoff and the WWE? How come he's not with them anymore?

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Aug 28, 2009 -> 08:55 PM)
That's what everyone else speculates as well. Apparently, they also just use old Bischoff footage from when he was with the WWE for the interviews that he does in the DVD. What exactly happened to Bischoff and the WWE? How come he's not with them anymore?

Bischoff's contract came up and Vince pulled a "You're FIRED" skit out of his hat containing 3 tricks. Bischoff stated that he wanted to do other things and he tried to do that Celebrity Wrestling Association show with Hogan among other things.

If Bischoff wanted to come back to WWE, I think Vince would hire him on in a second. Bischoff is a complete heat magnet whenever he is on the screen, the crowds hate his guts and he eats it up.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 29, 2009 -> 06:57 AM)
If Bischoff wanted to come back to WWE, I think Vince would hire him on in a second. Bischoff is a complete heat magnet whenever he is on the screen, the crowds hate his guts and he eats it up.

Agreed. Would love to see him back on TV.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Aug 29, 2009 -> 11:08 AM)
Last night, Punk may have taken Jericho's spot as top heel. If anyone gets a chance, watch the end of the cage match with Hardy, then skip past Hardy's farewell speech.

That was awesome. I thought it was gonna fade out as Hardy was waving goodbye.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 29, 2009 -> 06:57 AM)
Bischoff's contract came up and Vince pulled a "You're FIRED" skit out of his hat containing 3 tricks. Bischoff stated that he wanted to do other things and he tried to do that Celebrity Wrestling Association show with Hogan among other things.

Who are the people in your avatar? It looks like HBK and Andre the Giant in the middle and on the right, respectively. I can't figure out the guy on the left, though.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 29, 2009 -> 01:09 PM)
Who are the people in your avatar? It looks like HBK and Andre the Giant in the middle and on the right, respectively. I can't figure out the guy on the left, though.

LOL, that is Arnold Schwarzenegger in the middle, obviously Andre on the right, and Arnie's co-star from Conan the Destroyer(in his costume), Wilt Chamberlain.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 29, 2009 -> 02:38 PM)
LOL, that is Arnold Schwarzenegger in the middle, obviously Andre on the right, and Arnie's co-star from Conan the Destroyer(in his costume), Wilt Chamberlain.

Oh wow. I wouldn't have ever guessed it was Arnold. The picture is so small that he honestly looks like HBK to me.

What wwe is doing with CM Punk is good, to bad they will ruin it by feeding him into a submission match with taker........

What wwe is trying to do with the tag team division is great as well, I remember for the past year and a half I was complaining about why having 2 tag title belts are insane when you had 2-3 real teams. Now they unified the belts and have something going (hart dynasty, jerishow, henry/mvp, cryme time, dx, legacy, morrison/matt). If only wwe could do some 'simple' fixes on some other area's, I would watch again.

Next area of improvement: Fix this wwe diva bs, theres to much, and its constant skip material for 90% of men (after seeing the beautiful intro's of course), and even some women who watch it. I would just merge the titles, let the divas go on to both shows, and only show it on one show for the most part with some divas becoming managers or into storylines rather then ridiculous tag team matches that end in 5 minutes.

Ah... how I wish I could watch wwe again. (all my info is based off quick spoilers)

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Aug 30, 2009 -> 06:40 PM)
What wwe is doing with CM Punk is good, to bad they will ruin it by feeding him into a submission match with taker........

What wwe is trying to do with the tag team division is great as well, I remember for the past year and a half I was complaining about why having 2 tag title belts are insane when you had 2-3 real teams. Now they unified the belts and have something going (hart dynasty, jerishow, henry/mvp, cryme time, dx, legacy, morrison/matt). If only wwe could do some 'simple' fixes on some other area's, I would watch again.

Next area of improvement: Fix this wwe diva bs, theres to much, and its constant skip material for 90% of men (after seeing the beautiful intro's of course), and even some women who watch it. I would just merge the titles, let the divas go on to both shows, and only show it on one show for the most part with some divas becoming managers or into storylines rather then ridiculous tag team matches that end in 5 minutes.

Ah... how I wish I could watch wwe again. (all my info is based off quick spoilers)

This won't happen. I think the writers know it would be a horrible move to build him up just to lose it like that. I expect Punk & Taker to go to Survivor Series at least.

I certainly hope so, but putting punk in a Submission match vs taker leaves little room for success. With no dq's (at least to my understanding, a submission match) undertaker has never submitted before (once again, at least to my understanding, and can anyone possible see him submitting to punk???)

Anyway, im on the verge of watching some shows, I really want to, it's just a bogus waste of time. Now if they somehow do something for breaking point (in montreal) with the hart foundation vs. DX or something, that'd be sick. Obviously, a longshot since on different shows, but montreal... hart brothers... dx.... maybe even submission match

This upcoming PPV just reeks of disappointment..

Yeah right, like John Cena is EVER going to say "I Quit".. Im going to avoid buying it to save myself to face palm of seeing Orton get Super Cena'd.

And I agree, how the hell do they plan on keeping the strap on CM Punk. You cant have the Undertaker submit. Maybe have him catch a GTS and then get put in the Anaconda Vice but since he is "knocked out" Punk wins it? That seems very unlikely.

Lastly, the Hart Dynasty is so far away from being in a PPV match with DX that's not even fathomable right now. There is no way to even get that ball rolling, especially since they are tied up with Legacy right now. Legacy is starting to get built up pretty well, its only a matter of time before they beat DX in some fashion.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 29, 2009 -> 04:48 PM)
Oh wow. I wouldn't have ever guessed it was Arnold. The picture is so small that he honestly looks like HBK to me.

There are only two people in the world that could make Arnie look small, and one was to the left and the other to the right.

Up until I just searched Conan the Destroyer I had no idea that was Wilt Chamberlain

QUOTE (T R U @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 03:59 AM)
This upcoming PPV just reeks of disappointment..

Yeah right, like John Cena is EVER going to say "I Quit".. Im going to avoid buying it to save myself to face palm of seeing Orton get Super Cena'd.

And I agree, how the hell do they plan on keeping the strap on CM Punk. You cant have the Undertaker submit. Maybe have him catch a GTS and then get put in the Anaconda Vice but since he is "knocked out" Punk wins it? That seems very unlikely.

Lastly, the Hart Dynasty is so far away from being in a PPV match with DX that's not even fathomable right now. There is no way to even get that ball rolling, especially since they are tied up with Legacy right now. Legacy is starting to get built up pretty well, its only a matter of time before they beat DX in some fashion.

Come on, as if Orton or Cena would ever say "I quit"

And at the same time, as if "I quit" ever meant a damn thing in the WWE

apparently, Mysterio is crying foul:

Mysterio has told wrestlers who have asked that he had a legitimate prescription for a painkiller and that the company didn't give him proper notice and time for his doctor to give them details on his prescription. He's told several that he hopes the company will reconsider his case when he has a chance to speak to management personally on Tuesday. WWE has reversed at least one Wellness violation that I can think of, but not since they began the policy of announcing violations publicly.

pwinsider.com