Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 11:57 PM)
OK, I can't even understand that one.

Ha, what?

DX & Dusty did bits all night, mostly about WCW. They re-enacted the Shockmaster debut. Only to find out that the person making the voice was Arn Anderson & Santino was the shockmaster.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 10:57 PM)
OK, I can't even understand that one.

Just a few random Dusty-isms:

Son of a plumber - he referred to his father being a plumber to further his image as The Common Man

Clubberin' (a term he used as an announcer when someone was getting beaten up - "he's takin' a clubberin'!")

Pay window (the winner of a match would get more $$ back in Dusty's day, so if you win you "go to the pay window")

"If ya will" - Dusty threw that in his promos sometimes ("It's gonna be nasty....a donnybrook, if ya will...")

Baybuh = baby

QUOTE (The Critic @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 02:47 AM)
Just a few random Dusty-isms:

Son of a plumber - he referred to his father being a plumber to further his image as The Common Man

Clubberin' (a term he used as an announcer when someone was getting beaten up - "he's takin' a clubberin'!")

Pay window (the winner of a match would get more $$ back in Dusty's day, so if you win you "go to the pay window")

"If ya will" - Dusty threw that in his promos sometimes ("It's gonna be nasty....a donnybrook, if ya will...")

Baybuh = baby

Ah, the good old Dusty Rhodes to English translation.

Apparently the spinner title belt is going away and a replacement is coming, another thing wwe is doing right. Maybe they finally decided to switch some things up... I couldnt stand that belt

So they:

Got the belt fixed

the tag team division into one titles and going

smackdown becoming a solid show (still some problems)

now just gotta fix the other 100 problems :D

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 01:46 PM)
Apparently the spinner title belt is going away and a replacement is coming, another thing wwe is doing right. Maybe they finally decided to switch some things up... I couldnt stand that belt

So they:

Got the belt fixed

the tag team division into one titles and going

smackdown becoming a solid show (still some problems)

now just gotta fix the other 100 problems :D

Where did you hear this? I HATE the spinner belt.. although, it doesn't even spin now anyways.. it still looks cartoonish

One of THE most important things IMO is this: SWITCHING THE ANNOUNCERS.

FFS I cannot take the announcers, that is by FAR the worst of the worst wwe can do to me, ok the chavo / hornswoggle thing... ok.. but have an announcer who makes fun of it or something not some bs silly baby face lawler and vintage cole ish.

I cannot stand wrestling announcing. Back in 1998/1999 lawler was a 'G'. I LOVED that. Now everytime I try to watch wrestling, I get reminded why I need to turn it off.

What happened on this past week's Raw? I missed it for work.

Sorry to give you a halfass answer, I just skimmed through the results, you missed nothing, like any other raw the past 4 months, basically legacy does some prancing around, double crosses dusty rhodes, attacks cena and the women get there air time of meaningless wrestling, and chavo and hornswoggle go at it. Beyond that there was a mvp / jericho match which could be good and a us title match I think.

anytime im feeling nostalgic about wwe/wwf I just search youtube for edge funny videos, and just go and find stuff from there, guy was so great back then

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzHwSxobO6k

Man,, there is so much you can do with wrestling, so much good matches you can make meaningful, but the wwe these days just doesnt care, instead they sell s***

Edited by CryptviLL

Agreed about Lawler. They need to turn him into a bad guy announcer again. Perfect example of how he was rooting for Owen Hart against Brett back in '94.

You know, it's simply amazing how BIG of a difference it is. a HUGE difference

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRGDiD7TBo4...feature=related

"pyro.. didnt look right, somethings wrong" LOL

LMFAO @ King : "3:17"

THIS is how you build tag team wrestling:

Man, just the memories....

Edited by CryptviLL

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 05:03 PM)
I like that news. Does anyone else think the ECW belt is f***ing awesome?

No its too big.. I cant believe they didnt change it after Henry was done with it. Either way, its way too big and looks goofy.

QUOTE (T R U @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 07:38 PM)
No its too big.. I cant believe they didnt change it after Henry was done with it. Either way, its way too big and looks goofy.

Oh, well I can't speak to the size of it, as I haven't really watched ECW in months. I'm speaking solely of the black and silver look.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 07:14 PM)
Oh, well I can't speak to the size of it, as I haven't really watched ECW in months. I'm speaking solely of the black and silver look.

Ok, well the "look" is pretty cool.. however, they made it like this XXL belt for when Henry was champion and never changed it back. Thats what looks goofy about it, if it was normal sized, it would look pretty nice.