Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Sep 4, 2009 -> 01:38 PM)
WWE signs Nigel McGuinness along to go with Bryan Danielson as their ROH raid continues.

:o

I really like this signing. Let's just hope he's used correctly. IMO, they've went out and got the best guy in the indies.

One of the worst thing TNA could of done is stop their relationship with ROH awhile ago. WWE taking the talent now.

While these guys are good wrestlers, it depends on how they are used. Nigel could be made into Finley's evil brother or something.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 4, 2009 -> 01:50 PM)
One of the worst thing TNA could of done is stop their relationship with ROH awhile ago. WWE taking the talent now.

While these guys are good wrestlers, it depends on how they are used. Nigel could be made into Finley's evil brother or something.

That could make the Intercontinental title worthwhile again

I think it's great what's going down with the IC title, on smackdown they announced morrison vs. dolph for the IC title at breaking point... while I think these 'themed' PPV's are absolutely, f***ing, ridiculous.... the IC title, ECW title, Tag titles, and even to an extent the US titles SEEM to be getting some air time. Now if htey kept it consistent, in a few months we might have some great mid cards. But im 95% sure that wont come true, and tag teams will be split up for no reason, random wrestlers will be released or moved up, and titles will be forgotten.

It's just to bad we dont see any edge vs christian ladder matches for the IC title anymore or great chris benoit vs. jericho matches, or kurt angle / benoit / jericho 3 ways http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtj1cuwQ-yk

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Sep 4, 2009 -> 06:32 PM)
I've watched the SD that airs tonight...Mysterio/Morrison put on probably the TV match of the year.

I'm glad I caught that match as well. Even though I'm not a fan of these "new" wrestlers out now, I gotta say John Morrison is gonna be a star very soon. Kid is just insanely athletic and very entertaining to watch. (doesn't hurt being paired with Mysterio too. :D)

Edited by SoxAce

Upcoming WWE event at the Sox/A's game next Wednesday (discount code listed below):

-- The Chicago Tribune ran the following note today announcing that a few WWE Stars will be on hand signing autographs during next Wednesday's Chicago White Sox game at U.S. Cellular Field: "WWE teams up with White Sox: A few WWE superstars will be signing autographs at Wednesday's White Sox-Oakland Athletics game, including ECW champion Tommy Dreamer, Dolph Ziggler and Hornswoggle. Dreamer will throw out the first pitch and present Sox catcher A.J. Pierzynski with a replica ECW Championship belt. Fans can purchase discounted tickets by going to whitesox.com/wwe and entering "WWE" as the promo code."

Just seen this on Gerweck:

From Taylor Knippa: Possible Armageddon Name Change‏

I was on ticketmaster buying Armageddon tickets and they list the event as WWE Tables Ladders and Chairs. It's not on wwe.com yet but I thought I'd send it in.

nail in the coffin, if this happens, I give up, Wont read a dam thing til royal rumble / wrestlemania time i give up...

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Sep 6, 2009 -> 12:10 AM)
Just seen this on Gerweck:

From Taylor Knippa: Possible Armageddon Name Change‏

I was on ticketmaster buying Armageddon tickets and they list the event as WWE Tables Ladders and Chairs. It's not on wwe.com yet but I thought I'd send it in.

nail in the coffin, if this happens, I give up, Wont read a dam thing til royal rumble / wrestlemania time i give up...

It did indeed happen, its now TLC themed PPV.

And incase you didn't already know, there is a Hell in a Cell PPV coming up a couple months after this Submission PPV.

I do not care for it either, but oh well.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Sep 8, 2009 -> 02:42 AM)
VERY bad news for Brian - Lauren Williams (aka Angelina Love) may face a 10-year ban from working in the U.S. because she apparently worked without a valid work visa for her entire TNA tenure:

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/tna/3933.html

She's ok. As long as Velvet Sky is around, I'll keep watching.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Sep 8, 2009 -> 12:42 AM)
VERY bad news for Brian - Lauren Williams (aka Angelina Love) may face a 10-year ban from working in the U.S. because she apparently worked without a valid work visa for her entire TNA tenure:

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/tna/3933.html

You really shouldn't read the ripoff wrestling news sites, cause they don't have the reporters the big ones do.

Mike Johnson of PWInsider posted this yesterday:

"The following was issued to PWInsider.com today in regard to rumors that have been running rampant regarding former TNA star Angel "Angelina Love" Williams, none of which have been reported on this website:

My name is Michael Klyzub of MJM Entertainment, the representative of Angel Williams. Both myself and my client have been bombarded with “News” stories and rumors concerning her situation from friends and fans alike, all or partially linked to your content. With respect to that I would like to take this time to clarify our present situation and I trust you will send this message along to your subscribers/readers.

As per usual, stories found on the internet have been grossly over stated and misinformed. Effective Thursday September 3, Angel Williams performing as Angelina Love in TNA had parted ways with the company. This separation was based purely on a miscommunication of Angel Williams' present Visa Status. This in no way has anything to do with Contract Disputes or trouble with the office as has been reported. I want to stress the fact that once this Visa issue is cleaned up Angel is welcomed back to TNA Wrestling with open arms.

At this time I cannot and will not address any of the other rumors that are circulating with regards to the type of Visa issues, concerns of gaining employment with the competition nor will I address any other rumors. I will say that most of what is on the internet is inaccurate and that the fans should rest assured that Angel Williams the performer will be returning to the ring in no time at all.

We greatly appreciate all the fan support and look forward to having this issue resolved shortly.

Thank you one and all.

~Michael Klyzub

MJM Entertainment

As we initially reported here on the website, Williams' release was due to a visa issue that led to the company not being able to use her. Since the responsibility for taking care of the issue was Williams' responsibility, the company opted to release her but as I reported, there was no heat towards her as much as there was disappointment over the situation. As I initially reported, if and when the visa issue is resolved, TNA sources indicated they were open to her return to the company.

A lot of speculation and incorrect reports (some credited to this website) have popped up in the last few days. All I can say is that unless you've seen us write it here on PWInsider.com, put no credence into whatever is credited to this website. If you've seen it on this website, we stand by what was written."

There's no 10-year-ban. She'll be back soon.

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Sep 9, 2009 -> 12:40 PM)
You really shouldn't read the ripoff wrestling news sites, cause they don't have the reporters the big ones do.

are you back to this again? i thought you moved past bragging about your online wrestling mag subscription